Selena and Joe: an Improbable New Beginning
Chapter 1

Copyright© 2011 by Pettybox

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 1 - Selena and Joe was a popular story and rolled off the keyboard easy because I knew how it would end. I lost a few friends in the 911 attacks,the characters Joe and Selena were based on them. To this day I get emails from people who want me to change the ending and continue the story, or give it a heroic ending. I never gave much thought until a regular reader of my stories sent me an article from a UK paper of a man who was GONE for 5 years and woke as if nothing happened....Enjoy...Petty

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Masturbation  

Scott and Betty Hanson pulled up to the high fenced facility and a guard came out of the security station and asked their business. He took both of their ID’s and went to the phone and called to get clearance for entry. A few minutes later he directed them through the gate into a secured parking lot. He stood with them until a woman, the one he had seen on the TV piece; roll up in a large people cart to whisk them away.

“I’m Dr. Culver and I want to take you to my office so we can have a talk about the situation we have here. This quite possibly could be a ruse or sad prank, but I don’t see how.” She said as she zoomed the cart to a long building in the center of a number of small cottages.

“When can we see him? We have to...” Betty started to say excitedly.

“Please wait until you hear everything I have to say. You may end up not wanting to see him or be unsure of his identity or condition.” Dr. Culver said holding her hand up forcefully. She clearly didn’t want there to be any false hopes and further heartbreak caused by the events of 9/11/01.

Once settled in her office with coffee and all relaxed in overstuffed leather chairs Dr. Culver began:

“A fugue state, formally Dissociative Fugue, sometimes called Psychogenic Fugue is a rare psychiatric disorder characterized by temporary amnesia for the subjects own identity, including the memories and personality and other little tics and habits of that particular person. The state is usually brief, sometimes hours or days but has lasted, in some cases, months or longer. Dissociative fugue usually involves wandering, not knowing where to settle, and is sometimes accompanied by taking on a new identity. After recovery from fugue, previous memories usually return altogether, however there is complete amnesia for the fugue episode and the time passed. Additionally, an episode is not characterized as a fugue if it can be related to the ingestion mind altering drugs, physical trauma, to a medical condition, or a psychiatric condition like clinical depression, dementia, and bipolar disorder. Fugues are usually precipitated by a horrific episode that is sometime blocked out. We said in the story that “John” suffered from DFS, which is the reason he has been here all this time. When he woke up some three weeks ago and took this personality, to him it was September 12, 2001. Everything that happened to him since 9/11 is supposedly gone from his memory. We’ve spent a few hours each day for the last 16 days explaining to him what the world has gone through since the attacks. He appears to be coming to grips with that, understanding why he is here. He’s a very smart man, whomever he is.”

Dr. Culver paused to sip her coffee and catch her breath and saw both Hanson’s eyes filled with questions and wonderment.

“No questions yet, let me continue.” She said anticipating their eyes.

“In interviews and from a rambling statement he made under a drug induced semi-hypnotic state here is what we know, what he thinks and believes.

On the morning of 911 he and his wife met a lawyer and broker named Gordon Phelan in the Atrium lobby of the tower about 8:25 and opted to go to the Coffee Shop on the 68th floor. They were there to close a deal on property and Phelan knew he could plug his laptop into a hot connection there. His office was on the 80th floor, but he had everything drawn up and finishing the deal over coffee was his preference. He, Joe, had accessed all of the monies and securities to close the deal the day before, he just needed to talk Umm ... Selena?, into it. When she called her mentor, a Mr. Curran, he suggested that they be married at the time of the deal; just to be sure she was protected. That was why they secretly married the night before.”

Betty Hanson broke down crying and Dr. Culver stopped her recitation of notes.

“If this is too stressful, we can do it without you, or we can take a break.” Dr. Culver asked.

“No, ... please go on. I couldn’t be any more distressed or upset than I’ve been at any other time in the last 9 years.” Betty answered between the tears as Scott took her hand and pressed it to his thigh, patting and rubbing it.

“Go on.” Scott said.

“The deal was closed and they were talking when the attack started and it was apparent right away that there were major problems just above them. Gordon Phelan went to the stairwell, unsure of the elevator and told them to wait. A woman came running from one of the other offices and said they all had to get out of the building and they joined a rush in the stairwell as they all tried to field cell calls and see what was going on. He’s unsure of some of the trip down the stairs because falling debris in the stairwell caused a panic and he ended up over a railing and down a flight and landed on people. He cut his face badly and didn’t know if he could walk on his right knee anymore. He thinks he passed out but came to, being carried by Selena and another woman. They were just holding his arms and dragging him between them, his arms draped over their shoulders. Firefighters on their way up wanted them to leave him and let the firemen rescue him, but Selena would have nothing of it. He’s not sure of the floor where they followed a group to a bridge over an atrium, presumably the 4th floor atrium bridge, and began to cross it when they felt it shudder. A group of men in maintenance uniforms called them back across the bridge, and showed them an exit door where they saw light from the outside. There was a terrace and staircase to the street and common loading zone. As they came across that terrace, Selena was now half dragging him alone. A body fell from the upper floors just beside them, splashing blood and whatever. Selena fell to her knees screaming and then looked around to see body parts and other rumpled masses of other people who apparently jumped rather than burn. They went to move one way and a sheet of glass came down, they tried to move another direction to the stairs to the ground and another body fell just in front of them. At this point Selena passed out and he took her over his shoulder and tried to go down the stairs, but his knees gave out and he slid down with her in tow.” Dr. Culver said, becoming emotional herself as she looked up to check on Betty Hanson.

“Let’s take a break here. I’m sorry to put you through this, but I can’t let you see “John” until you know his whole story because we could lose him again. His diagnosis is so tentative; we don’t know how to deal with him.” Dr. Culver reasoned as she took the Hanson’s to a porch where they could get some air.

Scott and Betty spoke but a few words to each other and they held each other’s hand and tried to compose themselves. After 10 minutes Scott was anxious to hear the rest.

Back in the office, Dr. Culver continued reading from the transcript.

“He really expected there to be ambulances or something there but people were just rushing away from the scene as something else was happening, or had happened. (We assume that was the second building being hit) He was able to get to his feet and drag Selena, dodging falling debris and bodies. Everyone was shouting at him to RUN, RUN, RUN. Selena came to about this time and he told her that they had to run and get out of the area. This is where he gets real sketchy. He knows Selena was with him but she was mentally unstable, seeming to dodge falling things that weren’t there. Then came the roar behind them and they turned to see the building falling, and the run for their lives began. Walking for what seemed hours they got to the Holland Tunnel and were told it was unsafe as they were clearing cars out as all lanes were jammed shut. There were 6 or 8 of them together now and they stormed one of the firemen who were guarding the entrances. The small group pulled and dragged each other to the Jersey side where they met lots of others who had come through the tunnel. He found a spot between some cars to lay Selena down and try to reason with her, get her back to reality, but she was in deep shock. He found an ambulance crew caught in the logjam of cars and people and asked if they could tend to her. They told him they could take her, but they had no hope of moving for hours, but if and when they did they would bring her to Christian Hospital in Jersey City. He remembers little after that. He knows he stumbled and fell numerous times trying to get away hoping to get to Christian Hospital and wait for Selena to arrive. He saw a sign on the Pulaski Highway with a Hospital marker and he dragged himself up but tripped and took a long fall into a catch basin. He remembers laying there hearing the sounds of sirens and explosions and the next thing he remembers is waking up here almost 9 years later.”

Dr. Culver looked up to a shocked pair of parents and said, “Now I should tell you, we don’t know if the woman he dragged and left with the ambulance was actually your daughter, or if that even happened. We want you to talk to him and see if he is totally with it, knows a lot of other small details of his past where we don’t have to doubt his memory. He has come to terms with the fact that 9 years have passed. That in itself gives credence to his mental stability. That should have drawn him back into DFS. But, he thinks that Selena is alive and on her way to get him. No one was admitted to Christian Hospital answering her description or name. No one passed through their morgue that went unidentified. We haven’t thoroughly checked every other hospital in that area because we don’t know if we are on a wild goose chase or not.”

“Can we see him, talk to him?” Betty asked.

“Yes, but not before we tell him that Selena is not with you, and not before you watch him though a two-way mirror so you can be sure it is Joe Johnson. Some of the clients can get online and make up schemes and ... I don’t have to tell you the heartbreak this might cause. I want you to be sure.” Dr. Culver expressed while jabbing her finger to the desk to accentuate her points.

Dr. Culver brought Scott and Betty Hanson into a viewing room off a small conference room. Once they were seated Dr. Culver had “John” brought into the room. The man who escorted him in was dressed in surgical greens. Joe seemed to be in good spirits and was friendly, seeming to joke with the orderly.

“Oh God, Scott, that’s him!” Betty cried out. “Maybe our baby is alive somewhere!”

“That’s him. He looks a little older, but he still has that charm, although he looks a little confused. Doctor, do you think he’s OK mentally?” Scott asked. “We THINK so, that’s part of the reason why we wanted you here. Would you like to talk to him? The orderly is just going to tell him that Selena is not here with you.” The doctor said.

A moment later Joe Johnson dropped his head. He looked up despondently and appeared to ask why.

The orderly sat with him and consoled him.

“He’s telling him that we haven’t found her yet and that, like him, everyone thought she perished in the attacks. He won’t accept that, before you go in wait and see how he reacts.” The doctor explained knowing the scenario the orderly was going to use.

Joe held up an open hand and pounded his forefinger into it making several points to the orderly. He wasn’t violent, just forceful, and committed to what he knew, or thought he knew.

“Do you want to go in?” Dr. Culver asked.

“I do.” Betty said. “He’s our last gasp hope, and we love him for everything he did for our baby.” Scott nodded in agreement as the doctor walked them to a secure door and opened it, and then turned into the room they had just viewed.

“Joe, you have two people here who are anxious to see you!” Dr. Culver said as Joe turned his head and leapt to his feet to hug Betty Hanson and pull Scott to his side.

He cried like a baby for a few minutes, they all did. After 5 minutes of crying and trying to compose each other, Joe looked at Scott Hanson.

“I left her in good hands Scott. She was shook up, in shock, but she seemed physically fine except for a few bumps and bruises.” Joe implored, not realizing how poor his judgment may have been at the time.

“You did all you could Joe. If she’s out there, we’ll find her.” Scott said, surprisingly calm.

“Understand that they found her engraved ring the next February, and then later in March, a money clip she had given you. They were both in the rubble that they combed for remains. We were sure you both died, and that was proof.” Betty added.

“You have to get me out of here, though.” Joe said as if he hadn’t heard a word she said.

“I’m working on that. Let’s talk. I’ve been taking care of your house you know.” Scott said to start a conversation.

From there Joe took off with a series of questions in detail about the house, it’s amenities and quirks. He even noted that since they had given him new knees, the elevator might be able to come out. Scott asked him if he remembered the first time they met and Joe quickly recounted going to the Billy Joel show, his dinner with Selena and even what she wore. After a half hour Dr. Culver nodded to Scott and Betty that they should get going. Joe was adamant about going with them. This was where Dr. Culver stepped in. “Joe Johnson, you realize that the world has changed greatly in 9 years and even with what you’ve seen here on TV and the like, life out of here will be a shock. We have kept you on medications for quite some time and have weaned you off most in the past week or so. Give me 3 or 4 more days to get you clean. If all goes well, you can leave with the Hansons then. Is that fair?” She asked him calmly.

Joe stopped and sat back closing his mouth tightly and exhaling deeply through his nose.

“Fair enough. Four days, ... tops! Right?” He asked.

“If all goes well, Joe. We can’t take you otherwise.” Betty said, hoping for the best.

“We will check every hospital anywhere near the Holland Tunnel or all of New Jersey if we have to. I can check the logs of who worked that day and find the ambulance crew you left her with. We’ll do all we can, but don’t get your hopes up. She would have contacted us if she was alive or at least OK, don’t you think?” Scott asked trying to allay his own false hope as well as Joe’s.

“Maybe we can turn her light on too. Look where I came from... (tearing up) 9 years gone and so is Selena.” Joe said as Betty comforted him saying,

“We’ll see you in a few days Joe, and we’ll pray for you and Selena.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.