Battlemage Nonetheless: Book 6 - Apprentice - Cover

Battlemage Nonetheless: Book 6 - Apprentice

Copyright© 2011 by Risq

Chapter 6

Dusty got up early the next morning and found that not only was DJ up, but he already finished some light stretching, completed a run around the house a few times, and was now seated at the kitchen table entertaining himself as he waited for everyone else to get up.

Laughing to himself he found it interesting that the boy had similar habits as himself.

"I see your up early, any reason for that?" asked Dusty as he got a cup of something out of the icebox and then leaned against the counter and watched DJ.

"It's the new bed combined with a feeling like I have jet lag or something. I dropped off to sleep like I couldn't keep my eyes open as soon as I hit the bed. I woke up so early that I got tired of just sitting around waiting," said DJ as he watched his father.

"Yep, that's exactly how I once felt. For me it was almost the same thing when I first got here. Thank god I found some friends to help me through it. You know, I really didn't get much of a chance to talk a lot with you yesterday. Nothing about your life and about what's changed since I've last been there in our world," said Dusty with a smile as he took a seat next to DJ.

He was very interested in what DJ was using at the table. It was obviously electronic, but it wasn't something that he was familiar with.

"Well since you've been gone, not long after that really, the US had it first black president," said DJ with a smile as he looked at his father.

"Really? Well how long after I left?" Dusty asked.

"Mom said about five years," said DJ.

"Wow, well what else major happened since I was last around?" asked Dusty.

"Well let's see, based on your interests you'd want to know that Apple and Microsoft finally merged. Bill finally made Jobs an offer for the business that he couldn't resist. It didn't hurt his chances in acquiring them because Job's had a lot of health problems. MS now finally had that "in" that they've been trying to get with all the colleges and schools for years," said DJ.

"What do they call the new combination?" asked Dusty.

"What else, Microsoft. Apple is just a division of theirs now," said DJ.

"Wow, what else have I missed?" asked Dusty.

"Well most PC's have gone into a slimline format. Tablets like this MS iPad are the rage," said DJ sliding the tablet over to Dusty.

Dusty looked at it for a few moments before he looked over at DJ confused.

"Where is the stylus?" asked Dusty.

He picked up the exceptionally thin device and marveled at the light device that was so thin that Dusty thought he was holding just two or three sheets of paper in his hand.

"You use your finger like this," said DJ as he then used it to move windows around and draw on them.

He also used his fingers in a "pinch finger" move as well to expand, move, or open and expand windows. Dusty was stunned by the moves.

"Holy snot that's slick! That's a sweet interface. I wished I had something like this before I left," said Dusty looking at the tablet with a lot of interest.

"From when Mom said you left you've missed out on all the solid state hard drives, fiber optic cabling into every home, and a move to a single fiber cable inside of PC's that combines all the former existing cables into one, except power that is. It allows a much cleaner setup and allows you to make smaller compact devices," said DJ

Things were quiet as Dusty sat and played with the device, exploring what it could do. He of course couldn't use the 6G cellular interface, but he quickly found the movies that DJ copied to the large hard drive and he couldn't believe how far CGI had come for some of the action flicks.

Some of the movies looked like he could reach into the screen and touch the action because it looked so real.

Eventually Dusty broke the silence, but was still playing with the device as he started asking questions again.

"DJ, you said before that you've already graduated from college. Really? You said that you're only eighteen, so how is that possible?" asked Dusty before he looked up at DJ.

"Mom had me tested as a kid when I seemed so bored with school. It was found I have an IQ of 180 and that's why I was bored in school. So she took me out and had me privately tutored.

"We then took advantage of what is now IU's long standing program to allow tutored kids to get high school diplomas, something that came into effect after you left, so I still got my high school diploma. Then I was able to start college at fourteen and the rest is history," said DJ

"Well, so how did you do? You said that you carried a 4.0 average. What were your majors? What did you study?" asked Dusty interested.

He was curious how Lindsey had been raising his son.

"I have a BA in structural and civil engineering with minors in the field of electronics, mechanical, and electrical. I also have another BA in chemical engineering. I also have a lot of credit hours in microprocessor design, programming, and marketing. Mom said you wanted me to have those as well," said DJ.

Dusty gave a low whistle.

"That's a lot of study and learning for anyone to have under their belt. Is it safe to say that you also have a photographic memory to compliment this?" asked Dusty.

"Well, I hear you have one as well. Makes us more alike I guess," said DJ with a smile.

"So what about sports, have you done any? Martial arts?" asked Dusty.

"Mom would only let me try out for IU's wrestling program my junior year because my plate was so full between schooling, gymnastics, and a Muay Thai. I heard later that you liked Muay Thai as well. I didn't know that you studied the same martial art when I picked it. Mom just showed me vid's of different types of martial arts I could learn and I picked it because it looked interesting," said DJ.

"Sounds like something that your Mom would do. We'll have to spar some later and see what you know," said Dusty with a smile.

"Well let me get over this jet lag first or else I'll have to tell everyone it was an unfair fight when I win," said DJ smiling.

Dusty just laughed. The boy seemed to have his sense of humor.

"Everyone will be down soon. We all have breakfast together once Logan, Suzan, and I get in our morning practice. Often Jason and Amber also drop by to spar as a change of pace from training with their parents. Marilyn will eventually be down later, usually just in time for breakfast," said Dusty as he got up and left DJ to continue reading the book he had started on his iPad.

Dusty looked back and watched his son sitting in the chair. One arm draped over the back of he chair while turned sideways in the chair holding the pad as he read.

"Yep he looks and acts just like I used to," thought Dusty as he headed out the kitchen door.


Later during his time that week DJ found it interesting how often everyone seemed to visit the Reynolds's home.

Jordan of course, seemed to show up like clockwork early every afternoon. DJ was starting to wonder if she owned any other style of dresses but different colors of extremely tight, left open, and untied at the top.

Those dresses on her slim, busty, well rounded frame were a major distraction.

The way she always wore those skin tight dresses made him think every time he saw her "Oh my god. Not only has she got a hot body, but also a killer rack on her. Logan is a lucky bastard."

While Jordan was always very friendly to him, sometimes the friendliness bordered heavily on flirtatious, but she never touched him or got closer than within one or two feet of him. DJ found at times he was a tiny bit jealous of his younger brother and the obvious link between Logan and Jordan.

Jordan was always all over Logan, feeling on his body every chance she got when she thought no one was watching her. DJ knew he wasn't the only one who saw what she was doing. He just hoped she grew out of the flirting, but as long as she didn't touch anyone else, or go any further, DJ was sure it should be ok.

The other thing he noticed, quite quickly, was that his sister Marilyn was also a massive flirt, but only when it came to Jason. It was as if no other males existed for her. Jason was her only target and no other would do. So he could understand why his father always watched her like he did.

But the thing DJ often wondered about was how Jason didn't seem to realize that he was playing into his sister Marilyn's hands with everything she did around him. It was clear to DJ that she had Jason wrapped around her little finger.

Marilyn never came out and actually said what she wanted from him, but somehow she always managed to convey it in her movements. Her actions always said that he was her boyfriend and there wasn't room for anyone but her in his life. Jason looked almost like he could read her mind sometimes and seemed to be very happy to be close to her.

DJ heard from his Dad that last year Jason didn't know Marilyn was alive and that there were quite a few girls who seemed to be around him all the time trying to win his interest. Yet one couldn't tell it by his actions now. DJ had heard that the other girls didn't even try anymore for Jason once Marilyn made it obvious that he was hers.

DJ felt that his little sister could be very scary in her determination when it came to Jason.

Also from what he could see from the two of them they seemed to take turns visiting each other's house a lot.

DJ could also tell every time Marilyn left the house to go see Jason his Dad was nervous. But DJ was sure from what he saw in Jason that Jason wasn't at the point of going the extra mile and having sex with his sister just yet. She was still only fourteen and he was too infatuated with her to work past the rush of just being around her.

Thankfully Jason was Marilyn's only interest or it could have gotten ugly trying to keep track of the coming and goings of several different boys.

Besides it was Marilyn who was pulling the strings and it was Jason who was dancing to her tune. DJ felt that his father should have realized by now that they weren't going to be having sex until Marilyn was ready for them to do it, and not a second before.

Of that fact DJ was sure of.

But the biggest mystery here for him was Amber.

DJ had to admit that she was cute even though she always wore baggy clothes. Amber also gave him the impression, from what little he could see of her body from time to time, that she also might have been pretty physically fit.

But he was still only guessing based on what he always saw her dressed in.

Although he couldn't understand how she could have all the lean muscles around her arms, whenever he saw her in a short sleeved baggy shirt, while still managing to have breasts as large as she did. Well what he guessed that she had. He wasn't really all that sure sometimes.

While hidden in her outfits he could also see that she might also have a small waistline and possibly some well-rounded hips. But again he was just guessing. Her clothes made it hard to really know what she looked like under them. She was also a good four to five inches shorter than he was.

But what put him off was the fact that she was also extremely weird.

It wasn't hard to see that she seemed to be angry for some reason all the time. Half of the time it looked like it was directed at him for some reason and she just glared at him. At other times she snapped at him like she was just itching to fight with him to prove something.

DJ had no idea what he might have done to piss her off since he'd barely spoken half a dozen words to her during the week that he was here.

The one time he did agree to spar with her she seemed to be doing her level best to break something in his arm as soon as they started. If it wasn't for his flexibility and wresting experience that let him twist as she threw him she just might have.

DJ quickly begged off and got out of the sparring area as quick as he could.

He noted that she seemed disappointed but it might have been because she didn't get to actually hurt him like she planned. DJ had no idea why she took sparring with him so seriously that she had to try and break his arm.

At other times when he tried to greet her, she acted as if he had pissed in her favorite shoes. She would turn and looked away as if he offended her if he approached her, but then later when he looked around and found her near she was just staring quietly at him.

It was like she was trying to bore holes into his body or like she was waiting for him to do something. Those times he tried his best to back quietly away and not hold eye contact with her.

If she was waiting for something from him he had no idea of what it might be.

In all she just confused the hell out him.

No matter how wide a berth he tried to give her, she was always around somewhere just scowling at him. It would seem strange how she was looking at him expectantly like he was supposed to know what he was supposed to be doing or had missed.

While that wild thought ran through DJ's head, and he trying to figure Amber out, he returned to concentrating on the issue at hand. He had finally agreed to spar with his Dad later that morning.

After he first arrived at his father's home he had only done workouts with heavy weights and spent time with his father's heavy and speed bags that were in the training area. DJ was surprised to see actual weights or proper punching bags here. His Dad said he had the weights cast and the bags made a number of years back.

DJ easily slid under 480 lbs. for a quick set of ten on his first day. He was up to 575 lbs. before he realized he was pushing far more than he had ever done at home. DJ was sure the weights were wrong, but Dusty insisted they were accurate even though he himself was shocked at what he saw.

Having always been surprisingly strong DJ was shocked to see Logan easily pushed 400 lbs. and Logan seemed happy with that. DJ was surprised to see how strong his little brother was at sixteen.

But DJ clearly wasn't prepared to see his stepmother pushing an eye popping 605 lbs.!

He had to quickly look elsewhere as she got up from the bench after her set because he could see a lot of cleavage on display from her wet shirt. He had the mental image that her chest look like it was desperately trying to make a break for it out of the opening in her top.

There were many other ideas that quickly sprang to his young mind every time he saw her in a wet shirt soaked in sweat.

He really envied his father's luck at those moments more than any other time.

Although what shocked DJ the most was to see his Dad steadily and easily working his way up to 680 lbs. He couldn't imagine anyone being able to do something like this without support and a few guys hovering to make sure he was spotted correctly, but there was his Dad straining and pushing it all up several times under his own power.

A few of those times Amber came over to train and she managed to push somewhere in between 420 to 450 lbs. Once finished she always seemed to look at him as if she was challenging him to say something even though he always pushed more.

See, weird.

A few of the other times when she was being bratty she made it a point to go over and spot for him without actually asking if he needed a spotter, and she always seemed to rest her breasts right on the bar every time before he pushed it off the rack.

He almost dropped it on his neck the first time she did it, and it made her smirk at him with that evil half smile of hers. But when she smirked he could see her deep dimples for the first time. If it wasn't for the evil grin she had, the look might have been impressive with her "Jennifer Garner" style dimples.

DJ could tell her breasts were somewhat large by how they rested on the bar, but he had no idea their shape because she was always wearing those god awful baggy men's clothes.

After that one time she put her breasts on the bar, no matter what he did for the rest of the day, she always had a smirk for him for some reason when he caught her watching him.

DJ didn't know why she seemed to be trying so hard to make him watch her or where she was getting that monster strength of her own from.

This morning DJ was tired of only working out with weights, and he really didn't like the thicker clothing given to him earlier by his father to work out in.

Since he was going to spar with his father he wanted to switch to wearing something comfortable for the match. He had changed into one of his extra, but snug, red IU tank top and a pair of black gym shorts that he always kept in his bag.

DJ started off with controlled flexing and stretching like he always did for gymnastics. He always did a thorough stretching before any type of training.

One of the other things he liked to do, if he had the time, was to do a hand stand. From that position he would also do a few quick upright pushups.

It was just another way to get his back and shoulders warmed up quickly before he started. While he was doing his handstands he decided to open and close his legs to the sides as he did the splits while upside down.

While doing this stretch he suddenly heard an unexpected and soft gasp from behind him that someone had failed to cover up completely. DJ dropped slowly into a controlled tumble roll to see who it was behind him. He came down into a set of full splits as he looked up in the direction of the noise.

As he rested in the splits looking up he could see that it was Amber who had been standing behind him. Her face was now beet red.

He watched in surprise as her eyes seemed to be darting all over his body now that he faced her. He hadn't expected anyone to be out just yet because he had wanted to start working early before anyone else had gotten up. He really hadn't expected anyone to be here here.

DJ sat waiting for some smart alec comment to come from her while he still seated in his splits.

Stammering something he couldn't even begin to remotely make out, Amber quickly left the training area and seemed to race towards the kitchen.

DJ seemed even more confused than ever by her actions. But then DJ went back to his stretching before he starting a very light workout with the weights and bags to warm up before his father was up.

He wondered sometimes if he didn't beat his father to the training area most mornings because his father was spending that quality time with his stepmother.

Since DJ had already said that today he would take part in the family's sparring he expected his father to show up soon. In truth he really wanted to see what his father was truly capable of since he was also a user of his same martial arts style.

Somehow everyone heard about the sparring session and now all his father's friends were making it a point to come and watch the two of them spar. DJ wondered what the big deal was about him sparing with his father.

His father seemed to do very well against his stepmother and brother, but it was obvious to his trained eye that they weren't entirely on his father's skill level.

Strangely though, in the case of his stepmother, his father and Suzan seemed to be on a weird wavelength. With them he could see that they seemed to be more into working together and matching each other's movements than fighting. They trained more like they were fighting someone else instead of fighting against each other.

Whenever Amber dropped by and sparred with his father she was the only one who seemed to give as good as she got.

DJ thought it was obvious she had been working out with a different style than theirs, yet she wasn't handicapped by the differences. He didn't recognize the style she used, but he found her mastery of it very impressive.

That fighting ability of hers was one of the few things that DJ found himself really impressed with about Amber.

But during some of the times he watched her it seemed as if she was trying extra hard, harder than she really needed too, while he watched. If his father wasn't so in control of what was going on she might have really been hurt by his father a few of those times.

DJ also felt that her brother Jason was pretty much in the same boat as Logan and his stepmother. Logan was good, but also no match for his father. But after watching his father for a bit DJ wondered if he might be the only good match for his father.

Before too long, without even realizing it, DJ didn't give any more thought to Amber's earlier actions as his mind switched back to getting ready to spar against his Dad.


Amber quickly fled into the kitchen, shut the door, and rested her back on it.

She had no idea what it was that DJ wearing, but she could see more of him today than she ever had before. Amber had no idea why she would react like that to him this time. To tell the truth she really did like the way he flexed and moved as he did whatever it was he was doing.

When she saw his leg muscles flex she gasped out loud before she could catch herself. Then he caught her staring at him and she was so embarrassed that she couldn't face him. She ran before she even realized that she was running.

Standing there looking flush with her back against the door she couldn't seem to hear anything but the sound of rushing air and her own racing heartbeat, which sounded deafening to her. She was desperately trying to figure out what was wrong with her.

Fifteen minutes later Dusty found her still standing with her back against the door, looking flush, standing frozen, and staring off into the distance. She didn't seem to recognize anything or anyone around her, even as the kitchen staff moved around preparing for breakfast to take outside later for the family and their friends.

It took Dusty multiple times of insistently calling her name to get her to even acknowledge his voice. She slowly moved from in front of the door so that he and the rest of the family could go outside.

Amber followed the family out and seemed to be looking at everything but the practice area. Her family was also coming over soon, one of the rare times they did, for the sole purpose of watching the sparring match, but she had arrived early.

Now she spent the entire time waiting for them to arrive by staring at the ground.


While DJ was lacing up his gloves he was amazed at who showed up to watch him spar with his Dad. Looking around he realized that he personally hadn't ever seen this many hot MILF's in one place!

Earlier his father introduced him to all of his friends before they sparred.

First to arrive was Amber and Jason's Mother and Father, who he was introduced to as the Baron and Baroness Daniel and Rachel Griffith.

When DJ was introduced to them he had to swallow a few times because of how big the man was. Even though Daniel was roughly the same size that he and his father were, maybe a couple inches taller, somehow Daniel made it look like he was even bigger than he actually was. It was something in his presence that gave him that impression.

Although he did have to say that Amber's mom was extremely hot.

Amber's mom Rachel was wearing what he would have called a buckskin style leather shirt and pants combo, without the hanging fringes. She also had her hair in a ponytail similar to how Amber always wore hers.

DJ wasn't entirely sure if that was even what her clothing was made out of, but he could see that it was snug, she filled it well, and it worked for her. The pants really showed off Rachel's well rounded butt to its maximum potential.

She didn't appear to have an ounce of fat on her, and DJ had to admit he did look pretty hard to make sure. She had a way of bouncing when she walked that said she just had energy to spare, and it was very alluring.

Next to arrive was Jordan who showed up with both of her parents Mark and Lori Miller and her other two brothers Blaine and Duncan.

It was very easy to see where Jordan got her fantastic looks not to mention where her taste in wardrobe obviously came from. Her mother seemed to just "ooze" sex appeal in everything she did or said. DJ found it was extremely hard not to stare at Lori when he was introduced to her and the rest of Jordan's family.

The charcoal dress that Lori had on was laced partially up the front, and like Jordan's, her mom had also left her dress untied at the top with the strings dangling. It was completely enticing. DJ tried desperately to not get caught as he checked her out.

If the size of Lori's chest wasn't enough to pull your eyes to her and make you stare at the dangling strings, the impression she was going to explode out of the top of her dress at any moment certainly did.

DJ found that he kept hoping that the dress would give up the fight and surrender to the obvious outcome and let her breasts roam naked and free. Lori had somehow managed to supercharge his hormones the moment he saw her.

Trying to not be obvious DJ kept checking Lori out because he wasn't sure who the more attractive and better built woman was in the contest between her and his stepmother Suzan.

Not that it really mattered because both of their husbands were the obvious winners he thought. But as he watched her Lori seemed to move and glide around with the same mannerism as Jordan.

Or to be correct Jordan moved with Lori's mannerisms.

His brother was so screwed as Jordan got older, the lucky bastard, thought DJ again.

DJ thought that Jordan's father and brothers looked a lot like each other, but to him they were just average people. He did notice that Blaine seemed to have that easy confidence in his surroundings that one usually saw in those who were getting sex on a regular basis and weren't too worried about what those around them thought.

He saw those types of players all the time at college, and he wondered if this was actually how Blaine really was or if he just wanted to give that air so that he appeared to be worldlier than he really was.

Jordan's brother Duncan looked like he would rather be anywhere else than where he was. Duncan and Blaine had muscle definition, but nothing like what was on his father Dusty, Daniel, or what like he had, but it did appear the two brothers worked out.

There were two more adults who arrived with three other kids about his age who were the last to put in their appearance.

The black haired woman who came at the end with her husband was introduced to him as Marie and her husband was Seth. He had been told earlier that they were also a Duke and Duchess, and DJ thought she was a complete and utter babe for an older woman.

DJ could see that while she was physically bigger than any of the other Moms, she was proportioned only like she was just a size or two bigger. Marie was in her light blue traveling shirt and tailor contoured brown pants.

Marie wasn't fat by any means and he could see lean muscle on the exposed areas like her arms and upper chest region. It was obvious to him she was tightly put together.

The more DJ looked the more he realized that Marie just had larger everything thing from breasts, legs, and hips than other three moms did with the same type of narrow waistline to give her a classic hourglass figure.

He could also see that she had one of her sky blue eyes hidden behind a shock of her black hair cut into bangs. DJ thought that was the sexist thing he had ever seen on a woman and she had a really cute face. Her ponytail was something that completed the look for her.

DJ got caught more than once by his father watching Marie's butt as she walked around and visited with her friends. He often found himself hypnotized by the way her full hips seemed to swing and roll as she moved.

Every time he got caught DJ easily blushed and started looking at other things as his father lightly chuckled and shook his head at him. But as soon as DJ knew his father wasn't looking he went back to watching Marie's butt wiggle.

Dusty could understand DJ's fascination with Marie's body because he himself had done that very same thing countless times when they traveled years before and he settled on Suzan as who he wanted to be with.

Marie just had that effect on men.

But even if he was stupid enough to get caught looking by his Dad, that was all it would be because DJ could see that her husband was simply huge.

He stood almost a head taller than anyone there and looked like a solid mound of nothing but muscles. But he didn't have the same kind of muscular definition like most of the other men did, but he was large and solidly built. The way he moved said that he was probably pretty quick on his feet and DJ estimated that he was far quicker than he looked.

That made him someone who he didn't want to be on the wrong side of.

They had two boys and a girl with them, one of them was an older boy who DJ guessed that girls would find cute. DJ noticed that he seemed to stand off to the side as he watched everyone with crystal blue eyes. Eyes that seemed to take in everything and at the same time didn't appear to miss anything around him.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.