The Squirrel - Cover

The Squirrel

Copyright© 2011 by ttom

Chapter 6

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 6 - This is a coming of age story set in the early 1970s in the San Francisco Bay Area. It is more of a romance though it does get explicit at the end. The story is told from the young man's perspective.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   First   Oral Sex   Petting   Slow  

The next morning Julia surprised me with an early call. "Wake up, sleepy head!"

I hadn't bothered to go to bed. "Hi, Julia. Did you want to start early today?"

"No, I want to call today a holiday and go play. So, if it is OK with you, no work today."

"What are you going to do?"

"I haven't decided. I want to hike a little, maybe take in an art display."

I had an idea for her. "You should go to San Francisco. The Legion of Honor has a great new exhibit on medieval and renaissance amour. You could hike around there too."

"Typical guy, I mention art and you think war. It sounds good, have you seen it?"

"No, I just perused the catalog. We were supposed to go, but, my family is in Chicago. I plan to go soon."

"Well, how about I treat you to a trip for all the hard work you've done?"

"I'd love to go, but I can pay my own way. My boss pays me way too much for not doing anything."

"Ha, ha, I'll have to talk to her about that."

I called and got the OK from my grandma. I know, I was 18 but family rules must be obeyed, we didn't go anywhere without permission. Julia picked me up in her little MGA with its top down. I loved that car; it somehow reminded me of the Secret Agent (Danger Man) series. I know that Julia also loved that car.

Julia asked, "How is your driving with a stick?"

"Pretty good. I've been practicing in my Brother's BMW 1600." This was before BMW was cool, it was a box on wheels. It also drove very well.

"Great, would you like to drive?"

"No, I'd rather flunk all my finals – of course I want to drive!"

"You almost talked your way out of it. Here are the keys, and remember to keep it legal, or you'll be walking!"

I don't remember exactly, but I think that it was a 1959 model, with the rear view mirror mounted directly on the dash. It had gleaming wood trim and was painted a beautiful deep green. It was the first car I drove having leather seats. The wheels were wire spokes. When we went down the hill, it sounded as if the engine were in the back. It gave a deep rumble when I accelerated. I thought that it would be gutless but I was pleasantly surprised. I decided to be cautious and not punch it.

I glanced over at Julia, she had wrapped a scarf around her hair, and was leaning back with her hands locked behind her head, eyes closed, and a smile on her face. I glanced down and saw that she was better endowed than I thought. She had on a light jacket and a pair of shorts that showed off her legs nicely. I was sort of shocked to realize just how lovely she was.

We drove up the Macarthur freeway to the Bay Bridge. I guess you could call it an Indian summer type of day. The temperature was about 60º and climbing with a bright sun. Convertibles were made for days like that, unless the heater didn't work.

At the toll booth she mentioned that she was getting hungry, even though it was still early. We agreed that I got to choose where we had lunch and she got dinner. I volunteered to pay for lunch. She agreed as long as she got dinner. She laughed, then kidded me, "You made a bad deal! What makes you think we'll still be here then? So, where are we going for lunch?"

"Wait and see."

I drove through San Francisco, up Fell Street to the museum district. At that time few people knew that the De Young Museum had an excellent cafe with outdoor setting. I parked in the back lot that was really for staff.

Julia said, "I never knew that there was parking back here."

"Well we come here a lot. I don't think that we really are supposed to park here, but no one has ever complained. Come to think of it, I've been coming here since I can remember. I love the Brundage Asian Art Collection. But my favorite is the small Etruscan-Greek exhibit. I wish that it were bigger."

We walked around to the front. I showed my membership pass so we got in for free.

That surprised Julia. "I didn't know that I had such a cultured and sophisticated escort. I feel totally inadequate. I should be wearing my evening dress and pearls."

"I'd love to see you hiking in the botanical gardens after lunch wearing heels. Well, maybe not, I'd end up having to carry you." That earned me a punch in the arm.

I suspected that I was there with Julia because she was being a friend by not letting me dwell on Andrea. I didn't care. Andrea was quickly fading from my heart. I really enjoyed sharing a part of my life with Julia. I think that corner of Golden Gate Park was magical.

We headed to the back and ordered. I took our tray to the outside patio. The wall reflected back the heat of the sun so it was just warm enough. The soup and sandwiches were delectable. Whatever group catered it was fabulous. Julia looked very relaxed and peaceful. She had taken off her jacket. Her sleeveless blue blouse made her complexion radiate with warmth and life.

With a contemplative look, she said, "So, you come here all the time. You know the saying that familiarity breeds contempt. Well, in my case it breeds complacency. I've also loved it here, but have neglected it. I'll have to make an effort to come again."

"Well, you know that I am a member. I did that for two reasons. First, if I want to come it is basically free. Second, it motivates me to come otherwise I'd feel as if I've wasted my money."

"So, what else have you joined?"

"The California Academy of Science, across the way. I like getting there when it opens then usually leave when it starts getting crowded. Afterwards I often come over here or to the Legion of Honor."

The day was getting better and better. Julia liked it here. I relaxed.

After lunch we wandered the halls. It felt natural to hold hands. The permanent collection had a fine silver exhibit that she really liked. We argued over which Greek vases were best, the red or black. We tried imagining what it would be like living in the exhibit showing a late medieval Scandinavian room. We examined the ancient choir stalls in the main hall, where they had fold down seats for the monks. The part I liked were the hidden seats so that they could rest standing up.

When we were leaving Julia went to the membership table and signed up. It was as if she were affirming me and what I liked.

When we left it was warm enough to walk comfortably outside. We walked in front of the Japanese tea garden and headed into the botanical gardens.

Outside the gardens it was crowded, there were far fewer people inside. I've often wondered why that entrance tended to keep so many out.

We walked the trails, really just wandered about. We were walking arm in arm. I thought that maybe her hip began to ache a bit so she held onto my arm. I got several envious looks from other guys. That was a first for me. I rather liked it.

We wandered out and headed back. I steered us into the Japanese Teagarden. Even though some trees had lost their leaves, it was still beautiful, almost enchanted. We meandered along and I told her how my family came here when I was very young. My sister and I would go off by ourselves, hand in hand. We couldn't have been more than six or seven. It was a different world then.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.