The First Suetonius - Cover

The First Suetonius

Copyright© 2010 by Katzmarek

Chapter 12

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 12 - Well before my 'Sean Beth and Roger' and 'Black Guard Tales' this is the story of the birth of the Black Guard.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Consensual   Romantic   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Post Apocalypse   Group Sex   Oral Sex  

The Missouri Sioux rode steadily in three columns. In the centre were the wagons with the old people, women and children. On each flank rode the young men, the warriors, in a position to protect that which they called, 'the treasure of the tribe.' Some twenty or so clicks from West Floral, they came upon the warriors of the Arks.

For a man to gain respect he must sit atop a horse. The Ark lads were accomplished horsemen, the Sioux chief noted, and wore the neck-scarf of their warrior order. They followed tradition in that they escorted the visiting Sioux to their main camp from a respectful distance. Tetonka had been right - these Arks were a powerful nation.

Presently, the Sioux came upon the party of challenge. Ahead were three of their trusted chiefs blocking their path. Tetonka saw with satisfaction the chief in the middle wore a bonnet of many feathers.

"This is bullshit," Hap whispered to Wilson without taking his eyes off the newcomers.

"This is protocol," Wilson whispered back. "Now, be a good chap and wait for their head poohbah to offer a feather from his cap. Then you're suppose to do the same. We've spent a week figuring this crap out, so get on with it. And don't smile, dammit. They'll think you're taking the piss."

"It's hard not to. This is all fantasy, dreamed up by some daft fucking romantic a generation ago."

"I don't care, Hap. So long as they think it's the genuine article, that's all that matters. Suetonius wants it done this way."

Presently, a Sioux trotted forward wearing a war bonnet and carrying a lance decorated with feathers and strips of colorful cloth. He was very old and Hap recognized him straight away.

"It's Tetonka," he whispered to Wilson. "The old boy himself. And, look at that tooth pick he's carrying? I bet it's been awhile since he's sliced and diced his enemies with that."

"If ever," Wilson replied.

"We come as brothers," Tetonka shouted with remarkable power for an old man. "In the name of the Sky Father we come in peace."

"Off you go, old boy," Wilson whispered to Hap. "Do your bit."

After shooting a malevolent glare at Wilson, Hap trotted forward till he was alongside the old Indian. Tetonka pulled a feather from his cap and offered it to Hap. Hap did the same and the two briefly nodded to each other before returning to their respective 'tribes.' Tetonka then looked upwards and shrieked, brandishing his lance and shaking it.

"Good, grief!" Hap said in astonishment.

"Much more of that will cause a stampede," Wilson looked back.

They trotted the rest of the way together - Black Guard 'warriors' mingling with their new 'brothers'. Tetonka rode alongside Hap.

"Secoweya's parents?" Hap asked. "Are they here?"

"They ride with the Sky Father," Tetonka replied. "Haudenotsee and I have raised their girls ourselves."

"I'm sorry."

"Her mother drowned in the great waters," he continued. "Her father would not take another. The next moon he threw himself from the grey cliffs to be united once more with his wife. The grey cliffs wept in sadness for many moons after."

"That's so sad," Hap replied, genuinely. "They must have had a great love for each other."

"Such love is rare and beautiful. I believe the spirits have blessed this union. Suetonius has the rare gift of such love. Secoweya has seen what is within and, like her mother, has offered her heart to the only one who will treasure it properly. The grey cliffs have dried their tears. The circle is complete."

"I must see these grey cliffs," Hap remarked.

"They will want to see you, too," Tetonka replied. He looked behind to the host of riders and wagons. "I see your warriors have got our womenfolk all stirred up. I hope they will behave honorably."

"Honorably? Why, of course," Hap assured him. Out the corner of his eye he saw the old man grinning broadly.

At West Floral, Borisov had not seen Suetonius so agitated. He walked in a circle, stopped, then walked the other way.

"Suetonius, you're making my head spin," Borisov told him, irritated.

"Tell me again what I must wear?" asked Suetonius.

"Where what you like. Hell, wear nothing."

"No, I must do this properly. You say I must wear a weapon. What for?"

"To defend the bride."

"From who?"

"From whatever. Look, this is just tradition. You above all should know..."

"Ok, a weapon, what else?"

"You must come as a warrior in your allsuit. You have to demonstrate you are a worthy..."

"No!" Suetonius declared, adamantly. "Our allsuits are far too utilitarian. But, if a warrior is what they want, a warrior is what they shall get. I have something I think will be appropriate."

"Thank Bog for small mercies," Borisov sighed.

"What?"

"Nothing. Your judgement will be impeccable as always."

"Don't humor me you brazen suck-up, Borisov." Suetonius stormed out.

Over at Hap's quarters, Mirri and Moira Lys fussed over Secoweya's gown. It was long, billowing and featured lots of fine old blue lace scrounged from some Travelers and carefully repaired by the bride herself. A silk gypsy scarf served as a headdress that she and Mirri had sewn with beads and ribbons of many colours.

"Do you think it's too much?" Secoweya asked.

"Yeah, but what the fuck?" shrugged Moira Lys. "If you can't be over the top on your wedding day, when can you?"

"As if you'd know," chuckled Mirri.

"And I've no plans to find out, sweet cheeks. This is is one road Secoweya can walk herself."

"You going to wear this thing?" asked Mirri, holding the pendant Suetonius had given her for her birthday. "It's cool!"

"It's Tsarist."

"If you say so," Mirri shrugged.

"What about the hair?" said Moira Lys standing back. "Maybe a plait with some ringlets?"

"Boobs? What do we do with her boobs?" asked Mirri.

"I'm sure Suetonius has a few ideas of his own," chuckled Moira Lys.

"I mean, we could pin that lace down a bit. She has such a pretty cleavage."

"I couldn't..." Secoweya protested.

"No, Mirri's right. You want to set up the honeymoon and I can't think of a better way than to give Suetonius a glimpse of what he's in for. Anyway, where're you going for your wedding night?"

"Somewhere romantic?" asked Mirri.

"He hasn't said. He said it will be a surprise."

"How cool!" gushed Mirri.

"Probably doesn't want any drunken bums crashing the party. Full report, honey, as soon as he gives you a break."

"Will Suetonius like me?" Secoweya asked, worried.

Both her friends laughed. "Are you serious, Secoweya?" asked Moira Lys, bemused. "One look at you, baby, and he'll fall off his horse."

"You're so beautiful, Sec," Mirri added. "I'm so jealous."

"But I might not be what he expects, I ... I'm not sure what ... Will he want me to do things?"

"Like what, honey?" asked Moira Lys.

"Those things you and Hap do."

"Ah, well," Moira Lys laughed. "Y'know, we've got some mileage, Hap and me. We try and surprise each other. You, on the other hand, have some discovery ahead of you. I'm not sure what's the better. I suspect Suetonius will be loving and gentle - not too creative. Just go with the flow and do what seems right. Y'now, you can't really go wrong. I doubt Suetonius went to all this trouble just to make you feel bad on your wedding night."

"You think so?"

"Huh, baby, I know so."

Meanwhile, Hap and Wilson lead the Indian party down to the river grove. It was a clearing within a backdrop of willows and black pine. Tetonka nodded to Hap - it was an appropriate place for the wedding. Apparently, the spirits that inhabited this place were welcoming.

The Sioux set up their teepees among the trees and made camp. The Black Guard boys faded away as they'd been instructed to. Very few had any inkling what was going on.

In the Ark Preserve the dissemination of news was largely by the exchange of gossip by word of mouth. This was often months old and highly prejudicial. A great deal of such gossip swirled around Suetonius for some years to come. Much of it defied credibility and built Suetonius a reputation he was likely embarrassed about. Although he was quite shy in public and modest by instinct, there was something of the showman about him, as is common with many great commanders.

The truth is Suetonius arrived at his wedding dressed in the uniform of an old Tsarist soldier/aristocrat. His white uniform jacket was smothered in gold braid and, on his chest, the Order of St Andrew. His dark cavalry trousers were tucked into high boots. A white, blue and red sash carried a saber on his right hip and, on his head, was a peaked cap featuring the badge of the Life Guards complete with black feather.

Tetonka and his Sioux perhaps understood most of all. Certainly, Borisov looked uncomfortable in his allsuit beside him and Hap and Wilson could only gape in shock. But Secoweya's people expected a show - a great general was supposed to look like one - and Suetonius knew the value of pleasing his in-laws. Many of the young people of the tribe who were there that day went on to become proud members of the Black Guard.

The Sioux may have been surprised by how small the groom's party was. Apart from Hap, Borisov, Wilson, Moira Lys and Mirri, only some of Nestor's 'Kin', who were providing 'security' and may have been spying from the woods, were witnesses to this event.

Although Ark society was founded on the ideal of complete individual freedom or 'autonomy', Suetonius stood on a lot of sensibilities that day. Marriage was 'anachronistic.' But, to come dressed as a representative of a repressive regime of the past - but no more repressive than the one to follow - would've confused and possibly outraged broad Ark opinion.

The ceremony was conducted without a celebrant. Suetonius and Secoweya stood in front of the witnesses and declared their love for each other. Afterwards, Tetonka circled the pair and shook a hollowed out squash containing pine nuts, painted and decorated with beaded horsehair. He chanted and danced to the bemusement of Hap and Wilson, while Suetonius looked appropriately serious.

Finally Tetonka was satisfied the spirits were pleased and then a strange thing happened. Two birds suddenly sprang from the trees and flew around the pair's heads. Then, with a squawk, they flew back to sit on a branch together.

"Buffalo birds," Moira Lys exclaimed. "So far North!"

"It's my mother and father!" declared Secoweya.

"Creepy," Mirri said.

"Weird," added Hap.

Tetonka nodded slowly and smiled.

The Sioux men then clustered around a huge calabash and began drinking. The women clustered together and gossiped. At some point, Suetonius spirited his bride away and mounted her on his horse, side saddle because of her long gown. He then climbed up behind and trotted into the night.

Secoweya had drunk a cup or two of kvass spiked with poiteen and was feeling dreamy. The nights get quickly chilly at this time of the year and she folded willingly into her husband's arms. Suetonius held her gently around the waist, holding the reins in his other hand. Secoweya leaned her head on his shoulder and thought nothing could be as romantic as this.

She was wrong. Suetonius and Borisov were nothing if not premier organizers, tacticians and planners. The log cabin in the woods they chose was but one room, secluded, and fixed up by some of Nestor's 'kin.' Hap had built the bridal couple a bed that positively dominated the room featuring a tester and canopy. A fire had been lit and a two seater had been placed before it - another of Hap's constructions. On a side table beside this was a bottle of genuine Finnish wine and two real glasses.

Secoweya looked around the room nervously. This place was perfect, too perfect, and she felt a heavy responsibility to play her part. Most Arks had multiple partners before, or if, they settled down to a stable relationship. What Suetonius's experience was she'd no idea for he'd never discussed ex lovers with her. Common sense suggested that, at age 40 or so, a tall, good looking man such as Suetonius would've had plenty of offers from a range of willing women. But Secoweya had only a crash course in Moira Lys's 'van where'd she'd been little more than an observer.

She'd watched Hap and Moira Lys ravage each other and Hap and Mirri giggling together playing. Both women were confident and relaxed and treated sex as no more than adult play. At 19, it was reasonable for Suetonius to expect Secoweya to know what she was doing and as she walked slowly around the room she tried to remember all she'd seen at Moira Lys's.

Suetonius followed her inside after attending to the needs of his horse. Such a moment needed the services of an ostler, he thought, but no-one could think of every detail. "Do you like it?" has asked.

Secoweya was startled from her thoughts. "Lovely," she managed to say, swallowing.

"A mere reflection of your beauty," he said softly, coming up behind her. He gently took off her head dress and unpinned her hair. Teasing it through his fingers, he lifted a tress and put it to his cheek. "Hmm, prairie flower," he said.

"Huh, what?" she replied.

"Your hair is washed with the essence of the prairie flower."

"Oh." Moira Lys had done it. She'd no idea what she'd used. She tried to explain, but she found herself shaking and momentarily struck dumb.

Then Suetonius left her and was sitting on the bed taking off his boots when she came to. "Do you need help?" he asked. Secoweya was confused and turned to him. "Your gown? The stays are at the back, are they not?" Her hands flew to her back and she began to fiddle with the catches. She was shaking so much she couldn't control her fingers. "Allow me?" he said, before walking over and taking charge. "Tch, the world has moved on since these blasted things were invented," he then said, struggling with his big hands. "A belt knife would settle the matter."

"No!" she gasped.

"I was joking," he assured her. "I would never dream of damaging this beautiful gown - or its contents."

"Oh," she smiled briefly.

"There," he said with satisfaction. "You must pull and twist."

"Moira Lys did them up."

"Aye, well, she's had vastly more experience in getting in and out of her clothes I expect."

She didn't know whether he intended to make a joke, but Secoweya thought it was funny, anyhow. She smiled again and found some of the tension fall away from her.

The gown loosened and Secoweya found it began to slide down her arms. It had been quite tight and she took a gulp of air. Suetonius stood back and allowed her to drop the gown down over her body, while he took of his jacket. He, too, gulped air as he sat back down on the bed.

Standing in nothing but her shift, Secoweya began to have another attack of the jitters. Out of the corner of her eye she saw her new husband struggle out of his trousers. His long white shirt fell down to just above his knees, otherwise, he wore nothing but a pair of button up shorts. "Now, I think, a drink," he declared, more to himself, and walked over to the two seater. He picked up the bottle and inspected it. "Hmm, 2109. I believe it was an excellent vintage. They say the Garcians hauled it all the way from Europe. Rollo gave it to me as a victory gift and I have kept it for this occasion."

Secoweya watched as Suetonius poured two glasses and handed one to her. She accepted it dumbly and took an exploratory sip. It was mildly astringent, fruity, with a nice after taste. She decided she like this 'wine.' Suetonius sat on the two seater and beckoned her alongside him. She followed and he nestled her against him.

Secoweya was instantly conscious of the thin fabric of their shirts that was the only thing cloaking their nakedness. Her nipples itched from contact with the cotton and she sensed the warmth of the body next to her. Almost immediately her thoughts flew to sex and she began to shake once more.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.