Timeline of the History of Qaryesh T'marne

by Celtic Bard

Copyright© 2010 by Celtic Bard

Fantasy Story: This is a historical timeline of the important events in the history of The World of the Am'mortal Universe. I posted this mainly to help readers interested in the Universe to place the various stories in their historical context since most of the stories to be posted are not in chronological order. NOTE-Story titles are in italics in the approximate time they took place. I will update it as stories are posted.

Tags: Fiction  

Antiquity to Present (Antiquity-3076 Modern Era)

Antiquity- Humanity goes extinct.

*The Doom of Immortality

*The Wanderer

Antiquity- First Am'mortal appear in their domains.

- A number of Am'mortal are traced back to this time of prehistory and they are as follows:

Achta Vader, Akikara, the Black Master, the Child Goddess, the Collector, the Elemental, Garra of Gor, the Great Mother, the Grey Master (killed in a sorcerous duel by the Black Master), the Hermit (believed to be dead upon the appearance of the Huntress in 780 ME), Iessa the Blind, Inoch the Sorcerer (killed by raiders in the Razing of Lung Da), the Jewelsmith, Jorlok Krondix (believed to be dead in upon the appearance of Slornich the Slothful 1537 ME), Lady Hantoi-ma-Dehn (killed when the Hantoi Stronghold was raided by Zargross), Lady Seanché, the Librarian (killed in a fire that razes his library), Lord of the North (assassinated by Cassamoor poachers), the Master of Mists, Master Ji-lah-lung (killed by the Butcher using unknown means), Ojisai the Chronicler, the Raving One, the Recluse (believed to be dead sometime before 971 ME due to the appearance of the Iceman in the domain historically attributed to him), Sai-di-ahn (killed by the Master of Mists), the Shadow, Shelain noi'Schlee, Tautha Anara, the Tinkerer, the Troll, Valery of the Mountains, the Wanderer, the White Master, and the Wise One (killed in a sorcerous duel by the Butcher)

These Am'mortal represent what scholars believe are the last of the original one hundred Am'mortal to live into recorded historical times. No other Am'mortal currently known can be traced back further that those listed.

Antiquity- Viniterians emerge from the forests.

Antiquity- First clan territories develop among the Viniterians.

Antiquity- Khitonans leave the caves.

5000 BME- First Temple of the Queen-Goddess is erected with the founding of the city of Khiton.

4987-3098 BME- Viniterians are embroiled in the Clan Wars.

4800 BME- First Khitonan collective is established in Khiton.

4700 BME- Khiton Collective emerges as a nation-state.

4670 BME- City of Yav is founded by the Yav collective of Khiton as a trading center.

4660 BME- City of Oj is founded by the Oj collective of Khiton as a trading center.

4600 BME- City of Merxis is founded by the Merxis collective of Khiton as a miner's guildtown.

4490 BME-Yav and Oj collectives merge to oppose the Merxis collective's bid to form their own independent Collective and form the Yav-Oj Collective.

4300 BME- City of Sujtasas is founded by the Sujtasas collective.

4200 BME- following the death of an unknown Am'mortal at the hands of the Sujtasas Collective, Uxxalla Hard-Arm takes up residence in the city of Sujtasas and befriends the Queen of Sujtasas, becoming a military advisor to the Collective.

4200 BME- Merxis collective wrests control of the Yav-Oj Collective away from the Queen and moves the capital to Merxis, forming the Merxis Collective.

4125 BME- Sujtasas collective breaks away from the Khiton Collective to form the Sujtasas Collective.

4000 BME- Cassemoors leave the trees.

4000 BME- Pernecor collective migrates to the southern continent and found the city and Collective of Pernecor.

4000 BME- the Am'mortal Zander and Xavier emerge following the deaths of two nameless, legendary Am'mortals in a sorcerous duel.

4000 BME- Peistis emerge from the seas.

3971 BME- the Am'mortal Alexias the Vintner convinces the Federated Commonwealth of Viniterus for the need of a governmental oversight office for their fermented potables following a widespread disease traced to poorly distilled ice wine. The Viniterians agree and place her in charge of the Federal Office of Quality Control, marking the first historical record of this Am'mortal.

3500 BME- Port Peisti is founded and the first primitive clans emerge among the Peistis.

3500 BME- City of Khat founded by the Khat collective, emigrated from Khiton, and forms the Khat Collective.

3500 BME- First Sheitan cities built.

3500 BME- Yvaerians achieve bi-pedal locomotion.

3498 BME- Khitonans from Pernecor found the city of Jher Jhrae and give the Am'mortal for whom they named the city Khitonan citizenship after she saved them from their first flood season on the eastern shores of Lake Pernecor.

3497 BME- Peistis settle the far north and found the city of Lampredes.

3465-3444 BME- island of Viniterus is destroyed in what the ancients believe was a battle between Viniterus and the local river goddess Eyqaera. Legend has it that Viniterus wanted to court Eyqaera and the goddess spurned Viniterus' love. Enraged, Viniterus tried to smite Eyqaera, forgetting that they were on Eyqaera's holy ground. Eyqaera fended off Viniterus, though the power the two gods expended shattered the island. The islands of Vini and Teras and the minor isles surrounding them are what is left of Viniterus Island. As a measure of the goddess' power, the village of Eyqaerean remained untouched by the violent upheaval. It became the Holy City of the River Goddess, a major religious and learning center.

3434 BME- Khitonan settlers from Khat record the only known sighting of the Am'mortal they would call the Troll near the northern shore of Lake Khat.

3400 BME- Kenstrills leave the swamps and marshes to found the first villages.

3400-3200 BME- the Plains of Sheitan dry up during the Drought of the Gods, becoming the Sea of Hell.

3387 BME- the Pernecor Khitonans first record the existence of the Am'mortal known only as the Hermit; little else would ever be known about this Am'mortal, including his assumed death.

3297 BME- shipwrecked Peistis near the swamps of the Kenstrills tell of an Am'mortal who aided their wounded named Jorlok Krondix, this is the first and only known account of this Am'mortal.

3139 BME- the Sheitan close off the boundaries of the Sea of Hell to all outsiders except for Yvaerians.

3129 BME- the Khitonans of the Khat Collective learn of the existence of the Am'mortal sorcerer Master Ji-lah-lung living in an enchanted tower on the southern shores of Khat Bay.

3124 BME- Khava collective of Khat founds the city of Khava.

3098 BME- Viniterian clan matriarchs gather to settle the Clan Wars and found the Federated Commonwealth of Viniterus.

3087 BME- Khava collective wrests control of the Khat Collective away from the Queen of Khat and form the Khat-Khava Collective, moving the capital to Khava.

3023 BME- Ereshiga is founded by a junta of Peisti clans in the city of Ereshiga.

2145 BME- Viniterian merchants secure the first trade routes through the Sea of Hell by treaty with Sheitan clans.

2139 BME- the Am'mortal who would become known as Bolverk the Dread kills his first historically confirmed bounty in the person of a Khitonan warlord who led raiders against Viniterian caravans around the borders of the Sea of Hell.

2089 BME- Viniterian explorers and settlers encounter Keiyana noi'Vi when they settle near the site of the city they found with her aid, Viyana.

2013 BME- Peisti admirals in Port Peisti record the first known encounter with the Am'mortal Cassandra the Wise.

2012 BME-Bo Sai is founded by a junta of Peisti clans in Port Peisti.

2000 BME- the Am'mortal who would be known as the Forgotten Mistress disappears into seclusion, not to be seen again by non-Am'mortal eyes.

1999 BME- the Lampredes Peistis begin to raid Bo Sai shipping and raze several Bo Sai villages against the proscription of the Am'mortal Iessa the Blind.

1998 BME- a massive blizzard in the far north buries every Lampredes Peisti city, town, and village under 100 feet of snow and ice. When the weather cleared and the snow melted a year later, there were no Lampredes Peistis to be found anywhere in the world.

1972 BME- Khiton matriarchs reform the government of the Khiton Collective into a Constitutional Oligarchy.

1850 BME- Khiton Collective authorities in the city of Port Kcleek begin to believe the resident Am'mortal for their city is a shadowy underworld figure known only as the King.

1794 BME- the first primitive theocracies develop among the Kenstrills.

1734 BME- Peisti explorers found the city of Pai Sha.

1732 BME- Peistis from the city of Pai Sha discover the fortified tower of the Am'mortal they come to know as the Forsaken Lord; the Peistis rarely see their resident Am'mortal.

1712 BME- Ryujinne is founded by a junta of Peisti clans in the city of Ryujinne.

1699 BME- Peisti explorers found the city of Lung Da.

1600 BME- Kenstrills around Oijo Bay record the first sightings of the Am'mortal who would become known as the Ancient Mariner.

1578 BME- the first sighting of the Am'mortal that would be known by the Ryujinne Peistis as the Invisible One.

1500 BME- Stories about an Am'mortal living in the Swamps of Viniterus begin circulating in the region around the Swamps, giving rise to the legend of Valleri the Hag, despite none ever having clearly seen her.

1098 BME- the city of Saidahn is destroyed, along with the Am'mortal Warlord Sai-di-ahn, by the Am'mortal known as the Master of Mists. It was the culmination of a feud historians of the Am'mortal attribute to the beginnings of the Am'mortal race. The Am'mortal known only as the Lady of Comfort takes up residence in the ruins of the city, using her powers of necromancy and death sorcery to attempt to sooth the souls of the dead.

1087 BME- the first recorded appearance of Han the Neutral is made by Viniterian sailors who spot him walking along a rocky beach in Eovria not far from a tower that had never been seen before by sailors who plied those waters.

999-823 BME- Bo Sai Civil War erupts through the instigation of Ereshiga, the Sujtasas Collective, and commercial interests in the Federated Commonwealth of Viniterus with the support of the Federated Commonwealth of Viniterus government.

908 BME- the Viniterian clan that controlled the city of Viniteria adopts the newly emerged Am'mortal who would be known as the Matriarch. She replaced an Am'mortal so despised by the Viniterians that no record of that Am'mortal remains.

889 BME- the Am'mortal known as the Magician first appears at the Lampredes Warlock Academy as an instructor; shortly thereafter a group of scholars from the city of Yav will record their accounts of their invitation to the Magician's tower somewhere in the mountains overlooking the city of Yav.

777 BME- Pai Lung is founded by a junta made up of clans from Pai Sha and Lung Da.

590 BME- the first recording of an encounter by a priest of Viniterus with the Am'mortal hermitess Parcolé.

571 BME- the Viniterian priesthood erects a shrine and temple to Parcolé in the foothills of the mountains on Vini Island where the Am'mortal is believed to live.

569 BME- Viniterian scholars first record the existence of the Am'mortal known as the Weaver.

404 BME- the ancient Am'mortal Inoch the Sorcerer is killed by raiders who raze the city of Lung Da to the ground.

403 BME- the Peisti junta of Pai-Lung records their first encounter with the Am'mortal known as the Pirate Lord.

378 BME- the Pai-Lung junta confers upon the Am'mortal Pirate Lord the rank of admiral and give him a commission as a privateer under the Pai-Lung flag.

201 BME- following a punitive raid by the Khiton Collective upon the city of Sujtasas for the attempted assassination of its Queen, the Am'mortal Cklak'tliik-gklok appears to replace Uxxalla Hard-Arm, who was killed in the raid for advising and aiding the Sujtasas collectives in their plan.

77 BME- the Doom of Xia occurs, the near extermination of a party of Kenstrill settlers from Kenashivaliar who disregarded Am'mortal Xia-lo-ni-Jiand's warning that they should go no further east due to the occupation of the land by Pernecor Khitonans. The Khitonans swarmed out of the east and chased the Kenstrills back into the jungles and swamps. When they timidly approached the site of the Am'mortal's tower, they erected their city around her dwelling and built a temple encasing her tower, dedicating it to her as the Goddess of Doom.

50 BME- Ithmus-Meisch is founded by a breakaway collective from Pernecor.

49 BME- Peisti sailors recount a tale of terror and malice as they record the details of their escape from the Am'mortal known as the Butcher; this is the first record of this fearsome Am'mortal.

46 BME-1 ME- Time of Divine Anger, a series of natural disasters attributed to the anger of the Gods which saw great upheaval in the earth, destroying many cities and killing tens of millions.

44 BME- Viniterian merchants record the first sighting of the Am'mortal known as the Windrider in the Sea of Hell.

39 BME- Lord Ni-hi-Voir, the Am'mortal warlord of South Pernecor, is killed on the order of the Pernecor Queen for attempting to aid rival collectives. The Am'mortal known as the Horse Lord appears shortly thereafter and removes his predecessor's belongings to a ranch outside of the city where he takes up residence.

87 ME- the Am'mortal Vandor the Lover takes up residence in the city of Port Kcleek. Who the resident Am'mortal for this domain was before the appearance of Vandor is unknown as the last Am'mortal believed to have been in residence in the region was a shadowy underworld boss known simply as the King.

101 ME- Byrnie the Warmaiden is first seen by Pernecor Khitonans in the border region of the Forests of Zargross.

119 ME- Pernecor Khitonans first realize the Am'mortal Byrnie the Warmaiden has taken over the abandoned stronghold of Ft. Zhrae. Later that year they confer upon her the title and responsibilities of Warlord of Ft. Zhrae.

290 ME- the Am'mortal Viniliavo leaves the tutelage of the Tinkerer and settles into his domain around the city of Pernecor.

361 ME- the first sighting of the Am'mortal Ilgar the Sheitan is recorded by Viniterian traders who hear the tale from Yvaerians coming out of the Sea of Hell around the city of Hajvay.

470 ME- Ithmus-Meisch Collective Queen is introduced to the Am'mortal Kromovz Gubriyech; many more meetings follow and the Am'mortal is soon the chief advisor to the Collective.

483 ME- the Am'mortal Viniliavo is given a grand manor on the outskirts of the city of Pernecor for his aid and advice to the Queen of the Pernecor Collective during an attempted usurpation by several collectives within Pernecor known as the Hinterland Putsch.

500 ME- Eovrians are discovered to be sentient by the Am'mortal.

521 ME- Peisti fishermen near the city of Lao Tong first report sightings of the Am'mortal who would later be identified as Quan-lo-Hsu. The local fishermen and sailors would nickname her the Sea Sprite due to her occasional appearance from the sea completely nude.

573 ME- Viniterian and Kenstrill traders around the outpost of Khuz Jaak record the first appearance of Ojui-ma-Narducci following the murder of the young Am'mortal, Ullaji the Slattern, in residence in the trading post.

609 ME- Kenstrills of the city of Kander are first approached by the Am'mortal Loduccezui and given advice on the establishment of their legal system.

616 ME- Viniterian sailors first report sightings among the Eovrians on the beaches of western Eovria of the Am'mortal Loira the Giant.

622 ME- Kenashivaliar City is founded and the Am'mortal Qardok the Stout is installed in a grand mansion in the center of town as an advisor to the patriarch-priests.

623 ME- Southern Kenstrills coalesce into the nation of Kenashivaliar and establish their capital in Kenashivaliar City.

650 ME- first reports of the Am'mortal Jerimandias the Pirate's activities are collected and realized to be about the same individual.

651 ME- an ancient Am'mortal known only as the Wise One is killed in a sorcerous duel with the Butcher. An Am'mortal the Peistis would come to call Folli the Snide would take up residence in the country manor house in which the Wise One dwelled.

 
There is more of this story...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.