Repeat Performance - Cover

Repeat Performance

Copyright© 2010 by Coaster2

Chapter 9: Moving Along

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 9: Moving Along - Lee North suffers a fifty year setback after an accident. Fifty years into his past, he's having to start his life over again. It wasn't going to turn out the way it did the first time.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Time Travel   DoOver   Slow  

I didn't date for several weeks as a consequence of Sandy's hurtful admission that I was just being used for "information purposes." I was wary of the women who approached me, even if their motives seemed innocent and directed at school work rather than personal.

As October ended, I attended a Halloween mixer at the SUB, and although stag, I had plenty of opportunities to dance with several pretty young girls. Some of them asked me and I was happy to oblige, not having any plans further than the dance floor. I did see a very attractive redhead several times. She seemed to be unattached, but for one reason or another, we never made contact. I would, however, keep her in mind for future reference.

I found my courses and study much easier this semester. It seemed like my habits and my ability to concentrate on work helped a great deal. I was putting in less effort and still getting good results. That gave me some free time that I hadn't had the previous year. I decided I would plan how I should use that time.

I would be spending my Christmas break working at the brewery again, happy to do so even though my bank account was quite nicely packed compared to last year. I started to think about investing again, since there was some spare cash and I had the time to devote to it. I renewed my search of the financial pages and found a couple of starters for myself.

I didn't want to use the same broker as my parents. Who knows what information would be passed back and forth, and I just didn't need the hassle. If they were interested in where I was putting my money, I would happily tell them and give my reasons as well. Otherwise, I would be tight-lipped.

Dave Meehan and I had remained in contact, and I knew he was investing in some blue chip stocks with money his grandparents had left him. I dropped in to see him on a dreary Tuesday afternoon when I knew he would likely be alone in his office.

"Hello, Lee. Good to see you. Here to brighten up my day?"

"I hope so. Looking outside, I think we could both use it," I grinned. "Actually, I was interested in the fellow you were using as a broker for your investments. I wondered if you were happy with him and if so, would you mind if I contacted him."

"No ... of course not. Tony Alardyce is a good guy, not one of those penny-stock pushers that hang around the Vancouver Stock Exchange. He was recommended to me by my grandparents when they bequeathed me that inheritance. I've done well with Tony, but only because I listened to him. Tell him I gave you his name. He'll look after you."

"Great. Thanks, Dave. I haven't got a huge pile to invest, but I'd like to get started when I have a few bucks to risk."

"Well, the only advice I can give you is not to borrow to invest and listen to Tony. He won't steer you wrong."

"I will take his and your advice," I smiled.

We exchanged some small talk about what had been going on since the last time we had seen each other in September. I told Dave about Sandy and how upset I was. He was interested in my reaction. It was different from what he might have expected, I think.

"I can understand how that bothered you. It was pretty callous of her. Do you think this reputation of yours is the problem?"

"Yeah, no doubt. On the other hand, I guess I could just go along with a bunch of one-night-stands and take advantage of it."

"That doesn't sound like you, Lee. I don't think you're looking for a lifetime commitment, but you seem to have higher standards than just taking advantage of whatever comes up."

"Yeah. I know I wouldn't feel good about it. I just want something ... someone ... I can have as a friend for the next while. It doesn't have to include sex, but that would be a bonus. I thought that's what I had with Diane. We both knew what it was about and were happy with it."

"How's Belle?" he asked, changing the subject.

I had told Dave about Belle and my decision to allow her to mature before getting involved with her. He seemed to think it was the sensible thing to do.

"I haven't seen her in months. She's working at the Royal Bank in the shopping center. It's where I do my banking, but I'm usually in there late Friday, so she's gone by then. I've been meaning to drop in a say hello some day. I just haven't gotten around to it."

Dave didn't offer any comment. Again, he changed the topic and we chatted about a number of things, including my courses. I didn't have any physics classes this semester, so only my occasional visits kept us in touch. We'd become close despite the age difference. He was someone I felt I could confide in and he didn't seem to mind my doing that. On the other hand, I learned little about his private life. He was very guarded in that regard.

It was a sunny Thursday afternoon in mid November when I finally decided to see Belle. I had no classes scheduled, so I drove to the shopping center and pulled up to the front of the bank just before two pm. I was a bit nervous, as it had been a long time since we had spoken, and that had ended badly. I was hoping our conversation this afternoon might be a little more civil.

I walked into the bank and saw her immediately. She was at one of the two open teller windows and she had three people waiting in line. I walked over to her line and stood behind a fairly large man who would block Belle's view of me. I wasn't trying to surprise her, but I didn't want her to see me and start to wonder why I was there. It would be a distraction for her and that could cause problems.

"Hello Belle," I said quietly as the big man moved off.

She looked up in surprise. "Hello Lee. Nice to see you. How can I help you?" She was a bit rattled, I thought.

"Two things. I'd like to make a deposit, and I was wondering if you get a coffee break this afternoon. Maybe we could talk?"

"Oh ... uhhm ... my break is two-thirty. There's a coffee shop next door. I could meet you there."

"Great. Let's do that. Here's my deposit and my book. I'll see you next door at two-thirty."

She was a bit flustered as she handled my request, but gradually, I could see her calm down. She was still the beautiful young woman that I fell in love with all those years ago, and I felt tense about our meeting. She continued to have that effect on me after all was said and done.

I stood as she entered the coffee shop and held a chair for her. The waitress took her order for a hot chocolate while I nursed a coffee I'd been drinking for the last fifteen minutes, killing time while I waited for her.

"Nice to see you again, Belle. You look lovely as always," I smiled.

She nodded but said nothing, probably wondering what I wanted to say. That made two of us. I was really unsure of why I was here, other than to see her again. I thought several times of clearing the air with her, and maybe this was the time to do it.

"The last time we talked, it didn't end very well," I started. "You were upset, and I was not very patient. Over the last months, I've wanted to see you, but to tell the truth, I never got up the courage. I guess the first thing I should do is apologize."

She looked at me questioningly. "Why. You didn't do anything. I just lost my temper and didn't give you a chance to explain. I've been kicking myself ever since."

I must have had a very surprised look on my face. "It was so long ago, that I really don't remember all the details, Belle. I just remember you feeling that I was going out with other girls behind your back. I wasn't, but I know how rumours can get started. I gather your girlfriend's sister was the source of your information."

She nodded. "And my sister."

"Now that's a surprise. Helen is a senior. I didn't think she'd even notice me."

"I got the impression everyone noticed you, Lee. You caused quite a stir that first year from what I hear."

I was relieved that she didn't seem to be getting angry again. She was more controlled and even a bit sad if I was reading her right.

"Anyway, that was then and this is now. I'm not seeing anyone at present. What about you? Are you dating?"

"Now and then. Nothing serious," she answered, avoiding my eyes.

"Good. No need to get serious." I almost said 'at your age, ' but managed to hold back.

"Why do you say that?"

"Belle, you're eighteen. There's no rush. Play the field. Find out what you really want in a guy. Look for Mr. Right," I said in as earnest a voice as I was able.

She looked at me, then looked up at the clock on the wall. "I've got to go. My break is almost over."

"Yeah. Thanks for joining me. I'd like to do this again sometime."

She looked at me for a moment before answering. "Sure. Whenever you get a chance," she said as she rose from the chair. I couldn't read the expression on her face, but it wasn't one of happiness.

I watched her walk out and turn toward the bank. That feeling in my gut wouldn't go away. You don't spend fifty years with someone and not have a strong pull whenever they leave. I wasn't about to let that happen, but I wasn't about to rush it either. I was risking our future on letting her mature, hoping that she wouldn't find a different Mr. Right before she was ready for the one Mr. Right I intended for her to discover: me!

I returned to my routine at school and home. On a sunny and warmer-than-usual late November Saturday, I took advantage of the weather to wash and vacuum Mrs. Pontiac. All the while my brother was sitting on the rock retaining wall, watching me work. We were back speaking to each other again.

Against my better judgement, I had been letting John use my car now and then if I didn't need it. He never put a dimes worth of gas in it, but that was largely because he usually didn't have a dime. Unlike me, he wasn't interested in a part-time job, so he was living off his allowance, for which he also did nothing. I found I was still the official grass cutter, leaf raker, snow shoveller, garbage taker-outer, etc. I used to resent it, but now, living this second life, I had just accepted that was the way it was.

Our falling out had occurred in October, when I ran out of gas for the mower and had to borrow Dad's car to run down to the village and get some. As I was filling the metal jerry can, I saw Mrs. Pontiac go rolling down the street with at least seven or eight kids in it, my brother at the wheel, squished up against the door and just barely able to steer.

When he finally brought the car back that afternoon, the inside was a trash pit and the outside not much better. I laid into him right then and there. I let him know in no uncertain terms that he wouldn't be using my car in the foreseeable future. I also told him he had a half hour to clean it up to my satisfaction, especially the inside. I had seen John's outside wash jobs and I would be better off doing it myself.

He did a half-assed job of cleaning up the inside and I let him know about that as well. I also landed on him both boots about how many kids he had jammed into a two door coupe and how dangerous that was. I might as well have been talking to a brick wall. He didn't get it and didn't hide his lack of concern. As far as he was concerned, I was his over-reacting asshole brother with a superiority complex. He didn't even seem to care when I told him he could forget about borrowing my car again.

When my mother asked me the next week why John and I weren't talking, I told her. She was very unhappy with my brother and apparently, in private, lit into him not much differently than I had. She also banned him from using her car for a month. No one borrowed Dad's car except me. It was an MG TF with a crude, four-speed transmission. Not the easiest car to drive.

The result was that I was getting the silent treatment, not to mention a complete lack of co-operation on his part when it came to the chores around the house. He had decided to teach his smart-assed brother a lesson. He had no idea what little impression it made on me. I'd seen it all before and I just let it go. He'd get over it soon enough. He always did. The car ban would remain, however.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.