A Just Reward
Chapter 16

Copyright© 2010 by Kaffir

Although the meal at the Yew Tree was very good it was a quiet meal. Becca may have forgiven Steven but she was still badly shaken. Steven, despite that forgiveness, was still wracked with guilt at what he had allowed her to be subjected to. Becca insisted on them sitting side by side on the bench seat rather than opposite. She did not crowd him but her knee was pressed firmly against his thigh throughout. She needed bodily contact and Steven was thankful that she was still prepared to seek it from him.

They did not hang about when they got home but kissed each other goodnight and went to bed. It took Steven some time to drift off and then he was suddenly awakened by Becca sliding in beside him and clinging to him. He jerked awake.

"Please, Uncle Steven, can I spend the night with you. I don't want to be on my own," she pleaded.

Steven was fully awake in an instant. "No, no, no!" he thought. "This will lead to even more trouble but I can't just turn her away, poor little lamb, after what I've put her through."

He took her in his arms and kissed her gently. "Yes, my sweet, of course you can but I need to take some precautions because I don't want to upset you even more. I'll be back in a minute."

He slipped out of bed, picked up his Y-fronts and went to the bathroom to put them on under his pyjamas. When he got back he separated the top sheet from the blankets and slid back in again between them. He took Becca in his arms again.

"There we are, my precious. Now we ought to be all right."

She snuggled up to him as best she could with her head on his chest.

"Thank you, Uncle Steven," she said softly. "It's like dancing with you. I feel secure now."

"Sleep well, dearest Becca." He kissed the top of her head and left his lips there. They fell asleep.

When he woke the next morning they had changed position. She had rolled over and her back was pressed against him. She was holding his right hand firmly against her right breast, the unwounded one, and her bottom was pressing back through the sheet against the painfully restricted morning erection in his Y-fronts.

"I've got to get out of here quickly," he thought, "before she gets the wrong idea and everything goes bananas again."

He gently but firmly removed the hand that was pinioning his to her breast and placed it against her chest just below her left breast. Holding the blankets from moving he slithered back from her and then tucked the blankets in behind her again. He was relieved that she never stirred. He padded off to the bathroom.

Becca was awake though. He had not groped her but she had put his hand on her breast and it had instinctively tightened. She had loved it. Yes, she did feel secure in his arms but with his hand on her breast she had felt the tingles again. Despite all his precautions she had definitely felt his erection against her bottom and she had enjoyed that too. He clearly was not a homo. She giggled silently. What had Helen said? Two magnets. Certainly he was a magnet but was she? Her happiness dwindled. She was pretty sure that he was attracted to her but was going to fight it all the way. He was convinced that the age gap was too large. That's what all the talk of loving her as a daughter was about. Helen was probably right. If she made him desire her she would probably frighten him and lose him. She could not bear the thought of that. Her happiness ebbed away. She would just have to make the best of it and hide her real feelings. She fought back tears and, when she heard Steven come out of the bathroom, went there herself.

Steven went down to the kitchen in his dressing gown and put the coffee on. While it was brewing he got out the makings of breakfast and started on fried bread and bacon. At that stage Becca came in also in her dressing gown.

"Good morning, Uncle Steven. Sorry I'm so late. Let me take over."

"Good morning, little one. Only if you don't trust me to do it properly."

"All right. A special treat for both of us."

She sat down at the table and a few minutes later Steven presented her with breakfast. He joined her with his own.

"Did you sleep all right in the end?" he asked.

"Yes thanks: like a log. I'm sorry to have been such a baby."

"You weren't. It was perfectly natural. You had a foul thing happen to you. I was half expecting it."

"Well, it still made things difficult for you."

"Not really, just a few minor adjustments."

She looked down shyly. "I enjoyed it even more than dancing with you," she said softly.

"Don't tempt me, my sweet."

"Sorry."

He smiled at her and she had to look away. He decided the subject needed changing, fast.

"So what's your plan for the morning? I've got a client at ten."

"Dusting and hoovering and also organising the girls for the visit to the home tomorrow."

"What about brushes and paint and sandpaper and things?"

"Would you consider giving me an advance? Helen's going to pay us for the paint but we will need to get the other things."

Steven grinned. "An advance, eh? And when may I expect to see that paid back?"

Becca had the grace to blush. "Well, it may take some time," she admitted.

"OK, my sweet. When do you want to get it?"

"Whenever suits you."

"Well, how about if I take you in tomorrow and we'll all go on to the hardware shop and buy everything afterwards."

"Wonderful. Do you want me to bring you and your client coffee?"

"That sounds a great idea. About half past ten?"

"Yeah, easy."

"OK but I'd better check with her that she doesn't mind you seeing her."

"Ooh! Scandal!"

Steven laughed. "Some are a bit touchy so I'll answer the door when she arrives and you make yourself scarce. When you bring the coffee I'll either let you in or take it from you at the door."

"Well, make sure you're both fully dressed."

"Becca!"

She pealed with laughter and Steven joined her. He was thrilled to see her back to normal.

They both went to get dressed and Becca got on with her chores. She did the hall and the sitting room first so that everywhere was spick and span for the client and then went upstairs. While Steven and the client were ensconced she rang round the girls and organised them. She then left a message for Martha Olney confirming the following morning's meeting. She was allowed to take the coffee in but was not introduced to Steven's client.

Shortly after eleven the telephone rang and Becca answered it. It was Nick Crossley.

"Hello, Becca, It's Nick Crossley," he said. "How are you this morning?"

"Fine thanks, Mr Crossley. Uncle Steven said you gave him a rocket last night."

"Yes," replied Nick. "He deserved it."

"I gave him one too but I've forgiven him now."

"That's good of you. Is he about?"

"He's got a client. Can I take a message?"

"Thank you, Becca. Can you tell him that both boys were remanded for the Youth Court on Tuesday? Both were remanded on bail. They are confined to their homes but please remind him to watch both your backs."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.