Blazing Angels - Cover

Blazing Angels

Copyright© 2009 by JC Trent

Chapter 5

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 5 - Adventures of a group of start up mercenaries. Set loosely in the Mechwarrior universe.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Reluctant   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Robot   Space   Rough   Oral Sex   Masturbation   Military  

Vin did a good job on the doors. Katrina thought with amusement. Katrina's brain whirled with the possibilities of lost tech far in advance to what they had now. It would be so good if I was able to realise my dream with a working production facility. I mean it is in a mountain and could have been burrowed down and have automated mining... Moving her light around she saw the looming hulks of the HAMrs in the large dark bay.

"I thought that the facility was functional and that's how Vin got out."

"I think it was Aliya." Great! A was previously functioning facility, now not. I hope that Vin didn't destroy everything, but the HAMrs. Katrina let out a big sigh. Still even a non-functioning UN facility is worth more than nothing. Flashing her light over the mothballed HAMrs. "Still at least these are intact ... so far as we know. We will have to look around more and see if we can get power."

"Katrina, there is a doorway over there. It could possibly lead to a control room."

They started walking towards to the doorway which, as they got closer could see was only partially open. Checking the other side, when they went through, they saw that one of the side panels was open from which a crank handle emerge. There was also some blood.

"Looks like it wasn't as fully functional as we would have liked." Katrina commented. "Still it must have some things worth salvaging."

They followed Vin's footsteps in the dust and came to the storage room, where they had a good look around. Taking the canvas off all the crates and opening more than a few. They found mostly supplies of the non-military kind. What ever they have in the way of weapons they must have hidden well. Still best to keep looking. Katrina thought to herself. They exited and continued to follow the footsteps to what looked like the mess. After a cursory glance Katrina continued on.

"Wait! Don't you want to have a look inside?"

"No, I am after something more than food," Katrina scoffed. The very idea that poking around in a mess was ludicrous. The store room, okay, the might have found something in there, but a mess? "but if you want to poke around some mouldy cupboards be my guest."

Aliya frowned not too happy with being passed off like that. Even if there was more to find it wouldn't hurt for a cursory glance. After all it's not like it has gone anywhere or will for that matter. Still she tramped after Katrina determined to cover her, whether she cared or not. They entered the control room that Vin had previously been in. The once illuminated screens were blank.

"It's a pity they aren't working," Aliya couldn't resist saying.

Katrina frowned looking more closely to see that a large bit of material on the floor, looking more closely at the terminals to see that they weren't as dusty as the rest of the place. Vin must have taken the cover off and tried the terminals. Now, which one did she try? She managed to locate one terminal that had fingerprints on the screen ... looking at the keyboard, the enter key had also been pressed. The others were untouched.

"I think they were. See here and here the markings." Katrina breathed excitedly. "I think they were working, but for some reason now they aren't. Most likely the power. After all no-one has been here for ... well I don't know how long ... but a long time."

"Luminae to Walker, come in."

Both Aliya and Katrina couldn't help but jump at the loudness of the comms in the quiet and darkened room. They both laughed and grinned at each other at their find and their nervousness. Katrina shook her head as if trying to clear it.

"Walker here, Luminae. What's up?"

"Where are you?"

"Inside my salvaged base."

"Right we're landing just now. I will see you soon."

Oh Stars! I was hoping to have more time ... on the other hand it will be quicker with their help. Still...

"Aliya, this base and everyting in it is our salvage... 100%," Katrina stressed. "We're going to meet the rest of the company and with a find this big I imagine that the scientist will want a piece of this and won't be going out on surveys. So ... I want you too look after the HAMrs, make sure nothing dodgy is going on ... and I will keep an eye on this room to ensure that no data is removed without my knowledge."

Aliya nodded and agreement and followed Katrina out as she practically ran out to meet Captain Luminae and the salvage crew.


As the transport carrying Vin was zooming back to base, the doctor was issuing order over the comms.

"I need basic plasma ... No, no shots ... I don't know what diseases or infection she might have ... We will have to do a blood work up or we risk killing her injecting her with the wrong thing ... do a search over the NetVerse for more information about Ekstsis morphology..."

Why don't they just ... sigh! That's right, they don't have that tech yet. Still they should be able to find the answers they need on the NetVerse.

"Vin! Hey wake up!"

Vin felt a cool rubbered hand on her cheek, the fingers tapped her then smartly causing her head to ache suddenly. She grabbed the wrist, firmly pulling it away. Looking into the doctors eye she said, "Doc ... I hit my head pretty badly, so it's best not to do that."

"Verses! Why didn't you say so! Let me take a look" the doctor ordered. Vin was amused at the request turned order and painfully rolled to her side to allow the doctor access to the back of her head. He gently probbed it seeing a large lump, but no blood. "Have you taken anything for this?"

Vin rattled off the name of some of the drug that she had taken, how many and when, plus any effects. The doctor shook his head in disbelief.

"What? Did I do something wrong?"

"No Vin ... It's just that that drug should have put you to sleep. Not just taken the edge off the pain."

"Well ... it could have been really old and out of date."

She gave him the best smile she could in the state that she was. He continued to look at her, his mind weighing up all the implications and possibilities. Finally, he got out a syringe.

"I am going to need to some blood to analyse so that we can do a work up if you get an infection or something."

"Sure, Doc ... on one condition." The doctor stopped, surprised. "Only you will analyse my blood and you can tell anyone what you see without asking me."

"Come on, Vin. No time for games." He moved to take her blood. She grabbed his wrist again firmly. "Look, this is needed. Let me go. I can assure you that patient privacy is assured."

"Doc, you know that blood is sacred to my people."

"Yes and you have spilt so much sacred that I fear you have very little left and that is impairing your judgement."

"There are very good reasons for this, not just tradition." She looked in his eyes, drawing him into her own, conveying her will. "Promise me on your career as a doctor that only you will analyse my blood and you will not tell anyone anything about it without asking me first."

The doctor could see that this meant a lot to her and that he wouldn't be able to get a sample of her blood otherwise. This just made him even more curious about Ekstasis morphology. His first Ekstasis patient! The ambassadors that travelled throughout The CORE always travelled with their own phyisicians and so no one knew much about them except they at least sexually compatible with humans. A few Ekstases had taken human partners. "I promise" the words were out of his mouth almost before he knew it, his wrist was suddenly released and he had a complacent patient once again.

As he took her blood, he pondered on what he might, the significance of their blood to their culture being more than they had been led to believe. The curious condition Vin had imposed upon him. He just had to ask, "What are the good reasons?"

Her eyes twinkled as she replied,"It's a secret."

"Right Doc, we are landing now ... I can't hang around ... I need to get salvage crew and the Captain back there."

The doctor was once again all business as he help remove Vin from the transport to allow the salvage crew and the Captain to board. As the salvage crew were loading their gear, along with a few extra scientists excited with the find of a mountain base, Captain Luminae went to check on Vin's condition.

"Doc."

"Captain."

"How is she?"

"I'm fine Captain. Although, I have had better days."

Luminae kicked her an amused glance, the corner of his mouth almost tweaking in a smile.

"From what I can assess at the moment: Severe lacerations on the leg, stomach and arm, massive blood loss, some head trauma, possible concussion and over exposure to cold as well as severe bruising. I won't know if anything is broken until I get her back to the bay, but there doesn't appear to be any internal bleeding."

"See fine!" Vin piped in.

"I don't think you realise how badly you look."

"Hey, I am still alive."

A brief flash of anger came across his eyes ... so quick that Vin wasn't sure that she had seen it. Captain Luminae turned then to board the ship which lifted as Vin was being wheeled away to the medical bay.


Aliya stood a little behind Katrina who literally planted herself at the open doors to the mountain base, as if her very presence would stop anyone from trying to take her salvage. Aliya was a little anxious to find out about Vin, she looked awfully pale when she was flown out. I guess she did lose a fair amount of blood.

The transport landed in a flurry of snow, technicians, scientists and half the company seemed to bubble out almost before it had settled. They were busy unloaded all sorts of diagnostic equipment as Captain Luminae approached Katrina.

"This is quite a discovery."

"Indeed," Katrina replied. "And I have full salvage as per our contract."

"Quite, and I will honour it. It will be hard for you take the whole base with you or maintain it yourself with just 3 in your company. However," he held up a hand to stop Katrina's protest. "our employer is willing to pay you handsomely for everything."

He has a point. The three of us can't keep something like this running, let alone protect and fix anything that needs doing, Aliya considered.

"First I'll have to take an inventory of everything and then decide what, if anything I don't want."

"Very well. We will help ... and don't worry it is in my best interest to help you as by mediating I get a negotiator's bonus ... which is a percentage of what he will have to pay." Luminae gave her a small smile. "That is in my contract." He lifted his hand and all the personnel teemed forward to check out the base, Katrina leading the way to the control room. Aliya stepped in to watch those that started to get busy with the HAMrs inside, whilst keeping an eye on the one outside. She felt Captain Luminae nearby looking at her.

"Um, Captain? I was wondering ... about Vin."

"Ah. From what the Doc could tell me at the time is that she is okay, but she has been badly injured and lost a lot of blood. He will do anything he can to help her."

"Oh, thank you, Sir."

The silence was full of contemplation as they both watched the technicians do their work. Aliya looking outside and Luminae looking in. Aliya crossed her arms, her finger absently playing with the cool bead of her charima. Captain Luminae studying her out of the corner of his eye. Her lithe figure a little tense under whatever thoughts were clouding those deep viridin eyes, her long mahogany hair lightly flexing itself in the shallow breeze.

They could be a formidable company some day. It wouldn't do to cross these women individually, let alone as a group. Mentally Luminae went over all the information he had on them. Katrina from the FPA (Federated Planets of the Americas), one of the original founder of The CORE. Eyes always on the money and ready to fulfill her own agenda, her way no matter what. Vin, an Ekstasis. Previously a race known only for their reputation as Eros peddlers and for their lose moral standing ground, but now? Who knows why Vin is travelling in CORE space and for what purpose? She hasn't caused any harm to any in his company, just what is her agenda as well?

And finally Aliya from the Empire, another founder of the CORE and a Noble no less, whom despite Katrina being the smallest physically is not the frailest. Katrina had a specific goal, Vin didn't appear to have any, but Aliya was searching for something and was unsure where she should look. She did appear to have at least found a friend in Vin and Katrina.

"Aliya, I am just as unhappy about the turn of events as you are. Katrina is right to concentrate on the salvage as there is nothing to be done for Vin at the moment." Luminae looked deeply into Aliya's eyes.

Is he coming on to me? Aliya blushed at the thought and averted her eyes in confusion. I hope not ... I am already betrothed. What if he is? What should I do? Best to ignore it...

Her dilemma was solved as a tech called to them from Scotsman outside. They both walked over as the tech reached the ground from the HAMr's cockpit.

"Captain, we have a problem. Vin has encoded this HAMr via a Neuromet."

"Hmmm, so no one else will be able to pilot it and it's too heavy for the transport that we have here to lift."

"Well, we wouldn't be able to get it into the mountain base anyway, the doors are stuck." Aliya put in. "If we just close the cockpit, it should be fine until Vin recovers enough to pilot it in. Provided that the weather in the Zone is okay for the next few days."

"Actually," put in the tech. "the weather in the Zone is now the same as the rest of the planet."

"What?" Aliya blinked. Now that she thought of it, looking around she realised that he was correct.

"Curious," Luminae commented. "Okay, lock it up and let's go inside, we should be able to find some answers there."


Aliya said that she would stay in the bay as instructed by Katrina whilst Captain Luminae went to the control room. Katrina gave him brief directions saying that it wasn't hard to find. The techs had managed to find out that there was no power left. They had managed to rig up a portable generator someone had the forethought to bring, to one terminal. They were about to power up the terminal when Captain Luminae came in.

"How is it going in here?" Captain Luminae queried

"We have just hooked up on of the terminals since this place has no power left." Katrina said before anyone else could reply. "We are just about to try it now." So saying Katrina hit the power key on the terminal. The screen went green for a minute listing the diagnostics, with most of the status reading as non-functioning or sectors missing, it then went blank the green cursor blinking. All were waiting breathlessly. a picture of a sword and shield surrounded by a laurel wreath faded onto the screen.

"YES!!" yelled one of the techs in the background.

"I don't believe it!" Katrina breathed as she pushed everyone aside to take a seat in front of the terminal. "The Old UN symbol."

Around her there was laughing and pats on the back. Katrina called for them to be quiet. She typed into the terminal.

Run brief status report.

Overall status of base: Non-functional

Base security: Comprised

Security protocol: Executed

"Oh, man!" Katrina heard behind. "The security protocol has already been executed."

She heard a variety of curses and turned around in the chair to face the techs. "Does anyone know what the security protocols for the Old UN were?" She saw a lot of blank looks and shaking of the heads. Oh great! A room full of techs and not one of them with a clue.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.