Sorcerer: the Inner Circle - Cover

Sorcerer: the Inner Circle

Copyright© 2009 by BJohn

Chapter 48: References and Glossary

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 48: References and Glossary - Book 1 of the Sorcerer. What happens to an ordinary empath (a person who can sense other's emotions) when he meets a wonderful lady and falls in love? There are some problems right away: she's willing, but there's a major family issue involved so she can't date. Can the Sorcerer's magic of making things go right find a way through this?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Ma/ft   Fa/Fa   ft/ft   Fa/ft   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Humor   Extra Sensory Perception   Paranormal   Incest   Group Sex   Interracial   First   Safe Sex   Oral Sex   Masturbation   Petting  

References

1. Chapter 12. This is a highly-abbreviated spiritual counseling process Mr. Hubbard developed.

Glossary

Note: The term Gaelic is usually used to refer to Scottish Gaelic, or Gaidhlig. Although Irish Gaelic, or Gaelige is also a Gaelic language, it's usually referred to as simply Irish or called "The Irish Language". In Sorcerer, it's called Irish, Gaelic or Irish Gaelic.

"English" is the U.K. English. "American" is the U.S. "Irish slang" is the English-language slang used in Ireland; most of the Irish slang in Sorcerer is from Dublin because that's what I could find easily on the Internet.

A-wunnerful (adv/adj): A real old-fart joke. Back in the 50's and 60's there was a television show, Laurence Welk. It was an hour of popular music with his big band and the Lennon Sisters. When the band had a number by itself, there were lots of soap bubbles floating around. He had a broad European accent; when he'd start a song, he'd say, "It's a-wunnerful, a-wunnerful." My brother and I used to tell each other, "It's a-wunderful, a-wunnerful! Start up the bubble machine."

Act the maggot (v): Irish slang. Mess around. Play around. Goof off.

Aintin: Irish. Aunt. "Aintin Siobhan."

At it (v): Irish slang. Making love.

aul segotia: Irish Gaelic. Old friend; connotation of very close friend.

Aussie Kissing: French kissing, only Down Under.

Banger (n): Irish/English slang. Old car.

Bob (n): Irish/English(?) slang. If a girl sees a good looking man, she can say that he is a "bob" or that she would "give him a few bob," meaning she would like to have intimate relations with him.

Bold thing, the (n. phr.): Irish/English slang. Sexual intercourse.

Bush Telegraph (n); Australian (and heavily propagated to other languages as slang) A radio program on the Australian Broadcasting Corporation's Radio National network, broadcast weekdays (Monday-Friday) at 11-12am, reporting Australian rural news.

The name of the show is derived from the eponymous Australian country concept of a very quick means of stories getting to everyone in all parts of a particular region. The rumor line, gossip line or the back fence.

If your married sister had a baby, the community would know all the details within a day. If she was unmarried, it would be reported she was recovering well from her illness.

Cheek (n): Irish/English slang. Disrespect.

Clann: Irish. Family. While a clan is usually among blood or marriage-relatives, we've extended the meaning to be among people with common interests. The same concept of tightness, support and love apply. Lower-case is simply a family; upper-case is the large group.

Clan: Spanish. Clan in the same sense as an Irish Clann.

C'mere till I tell ye: Irish slang. Starts the yarn.

Col: Irish. Cousin. "Col Alyssa." Probably first cousin.

Coleen (n): Irish slang. An Irish girl. "Colleen" is a Hollywoodized name.

Colpo di tuono: Italian. Sharing or exchanging part of the souls. See also Thunderstruck.

Cutre: Spanish slang. Idiot, jerk.

Dayum: My own Irishism. Damn.

Diddies: Irish slang. Female breasts.

Do a Bunk/Flit (v): Irish/English Slang. Sneak off, usually to avoid paying a bill, the rent, etc.

Doing a line (phr): Irish/English slang. Courting, seeing someone.

Drawers (n): Irish/English Slang. Underwear, usually ladies' :-).

Drop the hand (phr): Irish slang. Gain access to a female's nether regions, go below the belt etc.

Eejit (n.): Irish slang. Fool. Someone of reduced intellectual capacity (also 'Gobshite').

Em (phr.): This is the word Dublin folk use when pausing to think. It takes the place of the "um" and "uh" that Americans prefer. This two-letter word alone will radically alter your perceived Dublin-ness if you can learn to use it pervasively and unconsciously. This is perhaps the single most commonly used expression in speech, so with this one change alone, you can drastically alter your accent.

Endorphins: Natural opiates that the body produces to reward itself for positive behavior. They are what a person feels after a hard day of work, or skiing. Or the warm, listless feeling a person feels after sex. Also reduces or alters the body's physical response to pain.

Fairly lively (adv.): With great haste. "Run up to the bar and get me a pint fairly lively."

Fanny: Irish/English/Aussie slang. Female genitals.

Fine thing/fine bit of stuff (n): Irish slang. Admiring comment on member of opposite sex; sexually attractive.

Fla/Flah (n): Irish slang. Very attractive person. (I assumed fla is male and flah is female).

Fla/Flah (v): Irish slang. To have sexual intercourse with someone (From Irish 'Fleadh' meaning party).

Flitters (a): Irish slang. Tattered and torn.

Full-shilling, not the (n. phr.): Irish slang. Mentally handicapped.

Hacer la sopa: Spanish slang. Lick the pussy

Gammy (adj.): Irish slang. Weak, unsteady.

Geeser (n.): Irish slang. Cat.

Gingernut (n): Irish slang. Redheaded person.

Gobsmacked (a): Irish/English(?) slang. Very (nicely) surprised. A connotation of being so surprised one can't move or think.

Greyhound skirt (n.): Irish slang. A very short skirt, only an inch from the hare.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.