Prime Directive - Cover

Prime Directive

Copyright© 2009 by Southpark

Chapter 5

As the Daedelus neared the Enterprise, ready to render assistance, another ship was watching the interaction closely. This ship appeared on no sensors, and was in fact quite small compared to the other two. It stayed only moments longer, gathering as much information on the two ships, particularly the unknown vessel, before departing.

This ship was a Gou'ald Ha'tak — scout ship.

"Lord Ba'al will be most pleased."


"Commander, resume communication."

"Aye, Captain," the burly Chief of Security acknowledged, before the image of the mysterious crew appeared.

"Captain," Caldwell said. "We will be alongside within 5 minutes"

"Understood. Commander, first I wish to say that we are thankful for the offer of assistance. However, there are certain ... regulations in place which require me to evaluate your crew and ship before I am permitted to let any of your crew on board." Picard looked apologetic as he said this.

"I think they're worried about creating a paradox." Carter whispered to O'Neil and Jackson.

Picard heard the comment the Major made. "Yes, indeed that is essentially correct. Will you allow us to come onboard? We have a shuttle that we can take over, and our sensors show that you have bays that can accommodate our runabout."

"Captain, one moment." Caldwell replied, before the screen went blank.

"Counselor?" Picard looked at her.

"Captain, they are ... cautious. They are unfamiliar with us and unsure what our intentions are." she replied.

"Captain," Data interrupted. "Starfleet had issued a bulletin 27.4 days ago that I believe will assist in our situation. It is a general hail for use if one is ever in a situation where they are transported to a previous period in the time-line, and encounter friendly vessels of that time. The message is also allowed to be sent to unknown vessels, although Starfleet has another set for hostile encounters. I noted this bulletin as I was inventorying changes and updates to the computer core of the Enterprise 5.2 days ago. I believe this communiqué will clear up questions on their part. There are, in addition, 15 other such communiqués that go over..."

"That is sufficient Mr. Data." Picard interrupted. Turning away from Data, who still had his mouth open, and a confused look appearing upon his face, he turned around. "Commander Worf, please send the Daedelus the communiqué."

"Aye, sir."


"Okay, that explains a lot" O'Neill said sarcastically. "Carter, English, please?"

The entire command staff looked expectantly at Sam.

"Well, sirs, it appears that the ship in front of us is possibly from the future. In order to prevent the possibility of contaminating the time line, they request that we lower sensor resolution, delete sensor logs of anything pertaining to their ship, and offer assistance if we are willing and able. It talks of the paradox theory, superstring theory, quantum physics, and some other topics that are beyond me. I believe..."

A flash of light silenced Carter mid-sentence, before it coalesced into the shape of a human. As the light died down, Jackson took a sharp breath as recognition settled in.

"Oma!

"Greetings, Daniel Jackson. My time here is short, so please listen carefully. Help these people, strangers to our universe. Without them, darkness will overcome all."

With this said, Oma vanished in a flash of light.

"T, I think that's the most direct any Ancient has ever been with us." O'Neill said, looking at Teal'c.

"Indeed."


When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.