Prime Directive - Cover

Prime Directive

Copyright© 2009 by Southpark

Chapter 3

After receiving clearance from the bridge, Riker and Data departed the Enterprise on the shuttlecraft Hawkings, with Commander Riker at the helm.

"Commander, please plot an elliptical course around the Enterprise," Data requested, while typing away at the science station.

Riker did not respond, but rather started plotting the course requested. As the shuttlecraft flew around the Galaxy-class starship, Riker noticed the planet floating in space, as well as the dust cloud surrounding the area. "Data, are we still in the same solar system that we followed the Borg into?"

"Yes, sir, we are, according to current star maps." Data replied. "However, sensors indicate that the sun has red-shifted due to the addition of heavy particles to the mass of the sun."

"So, we're in the same system, but now there is only the one planet, and the sun is not the same as it was an hour ago?"

"Correct, Commander." Data replied, while continuing to type away at the console. "Commander, it looks like we are no longer in our normal space-time dimension." He paused. "Sensors indicate that the quantum variance now indicates that our ships now are the anomalous entities in this universe."

"Data, are you saying we entered another dimension?" Riker was floored.

"Yes, sir." Data replied.

Riker turned back to the helm, and hit a series of keys, opening a com link to the Enterprise. "Enterprise, this is Riker. Commander Data reports that the anomaly that affected our ship has put us in a different dimension."

Picard's image looked at Data through the viewscreen. "Mr. Data, are you positive that this isn't a sensor malfunction? Did the anomaly that we encounter affect the sensors of the shuttlecraft?"

Data frowned for a second, before rapidly entering commands into the console. After a moment, he turned back to the viewscreen and responded, "Sensor diagnostics show no irregularities, Captain."

Picard tapped his chin for a second, thinking. "Commander, return to the ship. I would like Mr. Data to personally see to it that our sensors are back up and running in a short a period as possible. I want confirmation of the shuttle's sensor readings, as well as some answers, and the full use of the Enterprise's sensor array will be better in determining what happened and where we are."

"Yes, sir. On our way now" Riker replied, before shutting off the com link and plotting a course back to the Enterprise.

"Commander, I am picking up a vessel on an intercept course towards the Enterprise." Data said. "The ship is not a configuration that the computer recognizes, and I am not reading any ship identification broadcast."

"What's the status of the Enterprise?" Riker asked.

"Currently, shields are up, and at 10%. Impulse reactors are online, but the warp drive is still offline." Data replied. "There is 1 photon torpedo tube operational, and phasers are still offline."

"Riker to Enterprise, there is an unknown vessel approaching your position. I'm tying in our sensors to the bridge, and will remain outside of the shuttle bay so you can maintain sensors through us."

"Understood. Have the computer maintain station keeping 5 meters from the deck outside the shuttle bay in case we need to make maneuvers. I want you inside our shields at all times." Picard replied.

"Yes, sir."


"Carter, how BIG is that thing out there?" O'Neill asked.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.