Idin Noah - Cover

Idin Noah

Copyright© 2009 by dak

Chapter 5

Now.

I stand outside Jennifer's apartment, besides me stands Lillian, she is wearing a revealing white dress that leaves nothing to the imaginations, she looks very smug at the moment.

"Idin don't be silly just explain to the girl I am a very important client." She says.

"Than why are you dressed like that it will give her the wrong impression? Why did you have to change?" I ask.

She stops and stares at me.

"I have never seen you like this Idin, are you actually nervous?" She ask.

"I am not, I just do not like bring a beautiful women with me to go on a first date with another women." I say.

She smiles.

"So you admit I am beautiful." She says

"Never denied it Lillian." I say.

She has no comment for that.

"I should call this off." I say.

"nonsense Idin, Ill behave, I promise, scouts honor." She says doing the cub scouts salute.

I shake my head and press the buzzer for her door, the intercom squawks.

"Idin?" It says.

"Yes Jennifer." I say.

"Oh, Ill be right down, you are punctual" she says.

"Sounds cute." Lillian says.

I just look at her.

"I don't get why you date humans, doesn't their life span bother you?" She says.

"I thought you said you would behave, and what about Micah he is human." I say with out thinking.

I can feel her flinch beside me, after a few moments she speaks.

"That has always been the way Idin, you know we mate with humans." She says.

I think for a moment, trying to be more sensitive this time.

"I know, I just meant you chose to marry Micah, normally its a brief relationship." I say

She nods.

"I fell in love with him Idin, I ... I thought we would have more time, I mean I always knew it would be short, just not that short, I am sorry Idin, I didn't mean it as an insult when I asked, I just mean I know how it is now to love someone so fragile, your life span is longer than ours, so I assumed it would seem even shorter to you with a human." She says, starting to sniffle.

I watch her for a moment.

"Lillian it doesn't matter how much time you have with those you love, all that matters is the love itself, that last an eternity." I say.

She starts to cry full blown tears now, I hand her a tissue.

"does it ever get better?" She ask through the tears.

I nod slightly, I pull her into a hug and rub her back.

"It will eventually." I say

And that is when Jennifer opened the door to her building, finding me holding a crying women on her door steps.

"Oh my god, Idin whats happened? Whats going on?" She says

Lillian pulls herself together rather quickly, she wipes her eyes with the tissue, before I can say anything she reaches out an shakes Jennifer's hand.

"Hi I am Lillian, I went to college with Idin, I just lost my husband and I came by to talk to Idin, he offered me to come along with you two, I hope I am not imposing." she says.

Jennifer looks Lillian up and down, but seems to see that her tears are genuine and looks at me.

"Idin you could of canceled I would of understood, she obviously needs a friend right now." Jennifer says

How to say this.

"Jennifer, I know, but its a complicated situation, and she came by at the last minute, I didn't want to cancel like that only an hour before our date." I say.

"Complicated? Idin she lost her husband she needs a friend, come on up you two we can have a nice dinner in." Jennifer says grabbing Lillian by the hand and ushering her into the building.

I sigh and follow the two up, we enter into the elevator, all three of us stand in silence as we ride up, Jennifer is the first to speak.

"So what College did you an Idin go to?" Jennifer ask.

"We went to Harvard." Lillian says.

"Thats not true, Jennifer meet Lillian the Vampire an old friend of mine." I say.

Lillian shoots me an evil look.

"Idin always a joker." Lillian says.

Jennifer is looking at Lillian now, carefully taking in the details of her face.

"Idin but you said she lost her husband?" Jennifer ask.

Lillian looks at her shocked that she seems to take me at my word.

"She did Jennifer, I am going to help her find the killer." I say.

"Stop joking Idin, thats not funny." Lillian says.

The elevator stops and the doors open.

"Lillian its okay she knows about me." I say and exit the elevator.

Jennifer follows, after a moments hesitation Lillian follows also, Jennifer opens her apartment and lets us all in.

"I don't have to invite you in?" Jennifer ask Lillian as she walks in.

"Idin tell the girl you are joking." Lillian says exasperated.

Jennifer looks at me expectantly.

"Jennifer I have known Lillian since she was a child, born in 1809." I say.

Lillian is frowning at me, Jennifer smiles.

"Cool, Do you guys want something to drink? I have wine." Jennifer says.

"Wine will be fine." I say.

Jennifer looks at Lillian.

"Do you drink?" Jennifer ask.

"Of course I drink I am not a Vampire." Lillian says exasperated.

"I meant alcohol, do you drink alcohol." Jennifer says.

"OH oh yes wine is fine." Lillian says shyly.

As Jennifer leaves the room Lillian and I sit down on the couch, I take in the small apartment remembering Jennifer said she was a student.

"What the hell are you doing Idin? This is not funny." Lillian hisses at me, her fangs extended slightly with her anger.

"Careful Lilly, your getting long in the tooth." I say.

She covers her mouth and exhales slowly, when she is done her fangs are retracted.

"This isn't funny Idin, stop joking with her about that." She says.

"Lilly I mean it she knows, I told her about myself, and when she met me she saw me take a bullet, she thought I was a vampire so I explained it to her." I say.

"You told her about the Daughters?" She ask frowning.

"No, but I thought it would be fun to show her a real vampire." I say

She frowns and leans back on the couch.

"I am not a "vampire" I am a Daughter of Lilith." She says.

"PO-TA-TO potato" I say.

She frowns at me as Jennifer brings three glasses of wine out and a bottle on a tray, she set everything down and serves us, she sits across from us on a recliner, she grabs her glass and sits cross legged.

"Lillian I am so sorry about your husband, was he another vampire?" She ask.

Lillian shakes her head.

"No he was human." She says taking her glass.

"Oh." Lillian says.

"Well I am sure Idin will find who is responsible." she says.

"You have a lot of confidence in him." Lillian says.

"He earned it." Jennifer says.

"I thought you just met the girl Idin." Lillian says looking at me.

Jennifer frowns at being called the girl.

"Idin saved me from two attackers, let just say they will never bother anyone again." Jennifer says.

Lillian nods looking at me as I take a sip of the wine.

"I see." Lillian says.

I frown at that, Lillian knows I rarely kill.

"They where going to seek revenge on Jennifer, I had to ensure they didn't." I say.

Lillian smiles slightly.

"Surely the cop could of handled it." Lillian says.

"you mean Sharon?" Jennifer asks

Lillian arches her eyebrow at me.

"Introduce her to the whole family? Move fast don't you." Lillian says.

"Its complicated." I say.

"Yes its been an interesting day so far." Jennifer says.

Lillian's eyes widen.

"Day? You have known this girl a day and you trust her with your secret and MINE?" Lillian raise her voice.

I just stare at her a moment and she flinches.

"Sorry sire, I meant no disrespect." Lillian says.

Jennifer looks between the two of us obviously trying to figure out the dynamic.

"Jennifer, as you know I am old, Va ... The Daughters of Lilith and the Sons of cain to a lesser respect place a high amount of value to ones age, as the older one is the more powerful they become." I say.

Lillian nods looking at Jennifer.

"Idin has known the progenitor of both of our clans." Lillian says.

Jennifer looks to me.

"You knew the first vampires?" Jennifer ask.

I nod slowly.

"I knew the two people who claimed to be the first of their kind." I say

Then

.

After finishing the burial of the tribe all three of us where drained, we slept for a few hours outside of the village, Jora curled up next to me, enore a few feet away. Once we all awoke we decided to head out, I had explained earlier that the people at the village had seemed to have knowledge of the illness. Jora made it a few hours before she started to stumble, we all stopped to rest.

"Jora do you wish me to carry you?" I asked.

She laughed.

"You simply wish an excuse to touch me." Jora said.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.