Superlove - the White Angel's Autobiography - Cover

Superlove - the White Angel's Autobiography

Copyright© 2009 by A P Gilmore

Chapter 25

Now most people know how many people I have saved, well almost. The count is different on different websites, but there is one final incident that only a few know about. About 5 years ago, a disaster on such a global scale was going to happen, and only I was pre-warned and the only one that could actually stop it from happening. I was almost killed on this one, and only just made it home, before I passed out.

There is a particular shelf in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. This shelf when moved against each other can cause tidal waves. In my vision, I saw a tidal wave, 2 miles high and spreading out at central point, causing the tidal wave to hit every continent and killing millions along coastlines all over the world. When I got the image, I almost screamed, I was planning to keep it a secret from Amy, but she needed to know the risks involved.

"Amy, I need to go."

"That's ok, the kids are in bed, just go if you need to. Why are you telling me?" Then she looked closely at my face and the fear I displayed. "What are you not telling me?" Luckily, this event was not going to happen for another hour, my Instinct giving me plenty of time to plan or decide whether I would actually go.

As I have written, I could, if I wanted to, find out when and how I die and that was the only way of discovering the effect this was going to have on me. I could see if what I was going to be doing next week with Amy, but because so far I had not decided whether to go. There was no way of knowing if I would be with Amy or not, too many variables to get a clear image. Therefore, unless I asked how I die, I could not predict the outcome and knowing how I die, was just something I very much did not want to know.

"It's big, maybe too much for me."

"So don't go if you are not sure."

"It's not that simple, millions are going to die. I think it could even change life as we know it."

"What is it you need to stop?"

"A tidal wave, the biggest seen by humans." She pulled me into a tight hug as she cried, knowing the dilemma we were both facing. She knew the decision was mine to make, and that was why she was crying. She knew that I could either save millions or possibly die or I could stay safe with Amy and let it happen. I began to cry too as I let me emotions overload me. It was a very hard choice to make. We were safe, no matter what happened, but like Amy, I had integrity, and sometimes we do what we need to do. I had made difficult choices in my life, but this was my biggest ever. Amy eventually pulled back and kissed me hard. She knew what my decision would ultimately be.

"That is for luck, because you are going to stop that tidal wave, and I will be here waiting for you to return. When you get home, I will have a nice warm drink ready for you and then we can take a couple of days off to rest, and I will even get Melissa to look after the kids." I wish I could share her optimism, because I was scared. I tried to smile, but Amy could clearly tell I was faking it.

"I will try."

"When will it happen?"

"In about 50 minutes."

"Well it seems your Instinct has given you time to plan this one."

"But how do you stop a tidal wave?"

"Well let's look on the internet and do some very quick research." So together, we searched. Amy was the better researcher. She typed in some specific words, and searched past instances of tidal waves and their movements. We briefly read some of the horror stories and facts. It did not have a way of stopping them specifically, but there were enough ideas to give us some advice. It was decided that I move float quickly and move the tidal wave inwards rather outwards, pushing it back in it's beginning stages, hopefully halting it's cascade effect. I am sure my Instinct would guide me if I did anything wrong. I also knew that my Instinct was warning me of the dangers I would face.

"Because of your abilities, you have many options to choose from that could force the tidal wave to stop, but because of the speed and power you have to work faster than normal, or you could end up spending hours stopping it, especially the distance you would be covering. Your float ability requires a lot of concentration, specifically when you move your own body. Try to stay above the water and stopping the tidal wave, could be too much for you to handle. I know you only float for short periods, but it will need to be for a minimum of 10 minutes before you could have at least some effect on the wave. Therefore, I think you have to remove other abilities but float from the equation. So you will need your Instinct to do most of the work, to protect you, it could stop the wave, while you float into certain positions, like a surfer."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.