Golem - Cover

Golem

Copyright© 2009 by dak

Chapter 11

//intrusion by cyber warfare.

//Countermeasures in place.

//Main memory and cpu Firewalled.

//Asses system damage.

//Civilian and biological systems compromised, Standby mode active.

//rebooting military cpu and primary A.I. Backups.


Laura

I couldn't feel or see anything, it was as if I was floating in one of those senosory deprivation tanks. In front of me scrolled an endless stream of raw data, I spent awhile trying to figure it all out. I was able to determine the main chunk was me, but I could also detect two smaller sources near me, as well as on far off.

A few more hours I was able to determine what had happen to me and why, I had been attacked. This would not do, The military hardware in me came to the forefront and began strategizing.


Shanor

It had been two days since Laura had fallen ill, I had sat by her in shifts with Entoch, one would leave and get food and rest, while the other stayed and held her hand. It was on my shift that I heard on odd hum from with in, I noticed something too her skin became hard, and the holes on her palms and wrist became exposed. Her eyes too switched to a dim red glow.

Then I heard it in my head.

"Shanor, I am ok, something has attacked me, and I am currently combating it, but I need both you and Entoch here"

I got up to get entoch, we both came back as quickly as we could.

"Children each grab a hand"

We did, it felt eerie to touch her when she felt almost dead.

"It is ok children, I am upgrading the gifts I have already given you, I am not ready to be hilled yet but there is something that can help near here. It is a probe, I need you two to go and retrieve it while I recover here."

"Can you do that for me?"

We both looked at each other

"Of course we can"

"Good, it is a few days out, take the supply's to last you, as well as trade goods just in case, Children I will only be able to advise you on this and nothing more, I am not yet ready to move on my own"

Laura squeezed both our hands gently.

I looked to Entoch then back to Laura.

"we will not fail"

I stood to let Entoch have a moment with Laura, I went to talk to Ogna. I explained what was needed and that we would be gone a few days, he was not happy but he understood. Entoch was already outside of the hut when I got back, He nodded to me.

"lets go there is no time to waste."

The two set out on the trek for this probe, the journey would take them along the river for most of it. Laura had given them a good set of direction, Shanor had her bow out and was walking ahead of the two.

"Entoch, what do you think this is all about?"

Entoch seemed to dabate something before he spoke.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.