Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things) - Cover

Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things)

Copyright© 2009 by Dreaming Bear

Chapter 87: 'The Betrayal'

Since opening his eyes, Katsuhito had blinked several times, studying the world about him, still uncertain if in fact he were truly awake. Everything was swimming in a kind of 'claymation' mosaic. Colorful certainly but less than informative. Nothing made any kind of sense.

Several indeterminable such moments managed to pass during which he didn't feel more than mildly groggy. Nothing more that the usual one experiences during the interval between sleep and wakefulness.

Were he to describe the sum of his current sensations, he felt rather good he would say, perhaps even a tad giddy. It was only the slight visual dysfunction that had initially had 'keyed' him to the possibility. Now having more command of his facilities the obvious firmly asserted itself.

Why couldn't he move?

"Drugged." He thought dryly, as more of his cognitive resources could be brought to bear. With the same lucid deliberation in which he attempted to order his life he took careful stock of current events, not knowing exactly why this had happened. There was however no question as to whom was responsible lingering in his mind.

"Washu?" He called gently, more like a horse whisper than anything approaching his usual voice. Almost at once he felt the touch of soft delicate hands, sensing her kneeling beside him, tenderly brushing stray locks of hair from his face.

"Right here love." Washu said softly as Katsuhito tried to focus on her voice.

All he could perceive visually, was a kind of red swirling mass, presumably, her head, hovering in front of him.

He allowed himself the luxury of a sigh, the last word just from her lips instantly recalling his always having reservations about their odd relationship. Besides it wasn't like it was a romance! Katsuhito was only too quick to adamantly remind himself. With All the hair pulling and jumping about!

No, that was, for the young.

Theirs was strictly a platonic relationship, based on mutual respect. Picnics, long talks, watching the birds and drinking tea. Hardly worthy of Sunday afternoon date magazines or Shojo comics!

"Tea?" He muttered softly, Suddenly remembering how Washu had been waiting for him.

After several hours of answering the same questions over and over again from the police and worrying about his son-in-law, he'd, finally taken the liberty of indulging in a long soak in the Olsen.

A few strong belts from a bottle of two hundred year old sake, he kept around for just such an occasion had at last allowed him to relax.

Admittedly, he'd been feeling pretty good when he'd made his way back to the shrine. It was likely the slight 'booziness' which had contributed to the shock when the door to his quarters opened upon his approach, revealing Washu dressed resplendently in a beautiful Yukata.

Set against the light blue of her outfit, a pattern of pink cherry blossoms made the emerald of her eyes shine like fire.

He'd distinctly remembered trying to swallow a lump in his throat noting how she had arranged her hair. Wearing it up with a single crimson lock falling along her right cheek, just touching the corner of an inviting smile.

Almost in a state of panic he'd tried to clear his throat. Remembering how damn loud it had sounded just then. Whatever it was he was going to say, died in his throat when Washu laid the index finger of her right hand across her lips.

"Shhhhh!" Was the only sound she uttered, before beckoning he enter.

He'd lingered in the doorway for only the moment to notice how she'd rearranged his table before passing where she knelt. Seating himself as was traditional to await her pleasure and was delighted to see how prettily she moved taking her place opposite his.

"Someone has done her homework." He'd mused, watching Washu place one careful measure of tea within the bowl before him. Pouring the water then ever so slowly, smiling coyly as she stirred gently with the bamboo whisk. Turning the bowl then the required three times before serving it to him.

With a appreciative sigh He had lifted the tea to his lips when Katsuhito distinctly noted a small sound just at the edge of his threshold of hearing. Drawing his attention notably to the outside.

The hour had not been extraordinarily late, the sun only having properly set. Enough that the familiar rhythms of the woods about the shrine had established themselves.

Yet what had peeked his senses seemed automatically out of place and close at hand somewhere outside the priest quarters.

Washu's eyes, so lovely with her skillfully applied cosmetics, widened as he had tensed, setting down the serving bowl in haste his hand dropping automatically to his boken.

"Ignore it." She had whispered. Breaking the traditional silence of the tea ceremony.

Katsuhito had eyed her in a kind of uncomprehending shock he felt quite reasonable given current events.

"I'm sure that it's nothing." She had added adamantly.

"Perhaps..." He had nodded, disregarding her admonishments surging to his feet,

"Yosho?" Washu breathed, using his true name, instantly forcing him to turn and regard the haunted look of urgency written across her face.

"Please don't go?" Washu added softly.

Katsuhito had blinked with disbelief, at the wanton almost pleading expression she favored him with.

"Why are you... ?" He had murmured in utter befuddlement, about to have taken a step, to turn and head for the door. When a curious thickness and a sudden numbing of his tongue halted further words.

More stunned than ever he remembered glaring at her, opening his mouth to speak and suddenly found he couldn't.

"Uh?" was about all he could manage before noticing, both a curious tingling creeping up his spine and a poignant little frown suddenly creasing her lovely face.

He'd shaken his head attempting to clear a gather in fog, His expression in turn must have conveyed everything because Washu had suddenly burst into tears as a hand flew to her mouth.

"Oh Gods! Yosho! Please forgive me!" She wept as he took a step towards her.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.