Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things) - Cover

Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things)

Copyright© 2009 by Dreaming Bear

Chapter 75: Target practice

The afternoon had finally managed to pass uneventfully as it ever could be around the Misaki homestead.

Sasami had been dutifully finishing up the supper dishes. Taking simple if an odd kind of pleasure in the routine task. Doing her best not to think. When Ryo-chan had come gliding in, promptly 'spilling the beans'

just before supper, Sasami had to bite her lip to keep from blowing a gasket.

A situation made worse of course by she, right along with the most of the female members of the house hold, having went right along encouraging Ryo-ohki. Immediately she had reverted to, 'ok I'm over reacting mode'. But was that the case? Oki had just met Hero, hours ago in fact. It just seemed 'things' were going a little too fast for Sasami's taste! She'd mentioned as much, in passing to Ayeka.

"Well, we have seen what waiting can get you." Had been the mildly acidic response. "Perhaps the opposite will yield better results."

It was clear, her sister wasn't taking the situation 'well' as she had been letting on.

"I've got an eye on it!" Was Ryoko's assurance. When Sasami had voiced her concerns to both her and Tenchi. It became rapidly apparent neither one was taking the mater seriously as Sasami herself was. They had both been trying, ' with zero success' to keep from making goo-goo eyes at each other. And let me tell you THAT had been the very definition of infuriating far as Sasami was concerned!

On the rebound, she had abruptly considered talking to Washu about the mater. Only to find from Katsuhito ... Sasami simply did not, 'could not', ever see him as her older brother! In spite of knowing the truth and having it blisteringly confirmed by all parties. Perhaps it would be different when she was ... older.

The train of thoughts had put her in a rather foul state of mind. Barely even hearing Katsuhito's explanation that 'lady Washu would not be joining them for dinner'.

In a huff and taking that as the last straw, Sasami had promptly marched right to the storage space and went looking!

"What? Now I'm the friggen Guidance counselor too?" Washu had actually snapped?

"You damn kids are going to have to start taking a little infinitive!" She had gone on, as Sasami had just stared, totally dumb founded. "The universe doesn't just come to a halt while you have your little dreamy dream fairy tail kingdom!"

Sasami had simply nodded before making an excuse to leave. That had to have been better than any kind of rebuttal, little miss crab had actually been seething!

She had made her way back then, reasoning it had to be stress? Most likely over nearly losing Nobuyuki to those thugs! But the timing seemed wrong. Washu had seemed ... well what passed for her 'normal' earlier in the day? Still, considering that it was stress was easier than the other possibility ... That ' little Washu' was finally cracking up?

It had been with a barely suppressed shudder that Sasami had walked slowly away. The last words she had caught was Washu muttering angrily something about consequences? As Sasami had finally left the the scientists domain.

Supper had sort of washed by in a blur, more than likely Sasami considered she was suffering from information over load. With nothing else for it she had settled upon her most recent worry concerning Ryo-ohki. Though this 'Hero' was proving to more than a complete gentleman. This in spite of Kiyone refusing to let up on the snide cometary. Sasami had let it all blow passed, concentrating and concerned Oki was her best friend and utterly innocent. And, after all, a kiss was still a kiss.

She had still been 'mulling' over the last of the dishes when Mihoshi had descended, leaning in to the kitchen covertly, as anyone with such a mass of golden hair might.

"Psssssst!"

"Huh?" Sasami had looked up, gaping uncomprehendingly at the pair of blue eyes suddenly staring at her intently.

"Shhhh!" Miho intoned, finger pressed to her lips when seeing She had Sasami's full attention. "Come with me!" She added.

"Mihoshi?" Sasami murmured surprised to say the least.

"Sasami," Mihoshi had assured. "It's very important!"

So, she had gone. The dishes were done anyway and well, Miho was acting strange to say the very least! Following all the way, up to the training grounds carrying a box Mihoshi had trust into her hands, moments after leaving the house. Instantly quashing any inquiry, saying only that it was a surprise!

It wasn't till Sasami had stumbled on the steep path she'd suddenly discovered the true nature of her cargo when the innocent looking boxes lid flipped up during her attempts to rescue it from falling. Reveling to her questing eyes ... A GP pulse blaster!

"EWWWWWW!" She had instantly gasped. Ok, she supposed it was silly, being who she was or rather who she was becoming to have an aversion to firearms. After all Tsunami was arguably the biggest 'gun' imaginable! However, she was still Sasami! Sweet and innocent! Well ... maybe not the last part so much anymore but come on!

"Mihoshi!" Sasami whined, charging the last few steps up to level ground. "What the heck is this?" She demanded, showing the box and its contents. "You know I hate guns!"

"Ok, cadet!" Mihoshi suddenly snapped, turning around. "Listen up!" The uncharacteristic harshness of her normally singsong voice made Sasami jump! Instantly Making Sasami wonder if everyone in the house was systematically losing their marbles?

"Here are the facts!" Mihoshi began.

"What facts?" Sasami queried.

"NO QUESTIONS MAGGOT!" Miho suddenly shouted, blue eyes blazing.

"Yes ma'am!" Sasami quipped, eyes about to tumble from her skull. Thinking, "Maggot? Cadet? When did I join the military?"

"Fact number one!" Mihoshi continued, walking with hands clasped behind her back, making a slow circle of Sasami. "With the exception of you, everyone in the house knows how to defend themselves!" She paused regarding Sasami disdainfully.

"Even little Mayuka has her claws!" She attempted sounding sarcastic, Kiyone made it always look so easy! Having completed a full circlet, Mihoshi leaned close.

"This makes you a liability!" She added firmly then straitened. "We are therefor here today to correct this!"

"Hope I'm doing this right?" Having made her point, Mihoshi privately considered "It always works in the movies!"

"May I please say something?" Sasami asked.

"When you address a superior!" Mihoshi told her sternly. "You always begin and end a sentence with SIR!" Sasami almost rolled her eyes.

"Yeppers! Mihoshi's really lost it this time!" she observed quietly.

"Sir, May I ask you a question? Sir!" Sasami then compliantly asked.

"NO!" Mihoshi barked. Then paused looking embarrassed. "I mean yes!"

"Sir! Which is it? Sir!" Sasami smirked.

"Watch your tone with me cadet!" Miho warned. "Any further insubordination and I'll assign you some K P duty!"

"Miho." Sasami sighed. "I already do all the cooking." At which point, 'training Sargent Mihoshi's' face fell.

"Just ask your question."

"Look, I understand where you're coming from," Sasami told her. "But I've got Tsunami to protect me!"

"Yeah, but She's in orbit!" Mihoshi responded with a nod the indicated direction. "What if someone came at you with a knife or a gun?"

Sasami regarded her, considering asking 'Or a pointed stick?' But the reference would likely be lost on Mihoshi. In spite of all the constables TV time, 'classic British' humor was likely just too cerebral a brand for Miho.

"How long would it take to target and fire from way up there?" Mihoshi wanted to know.

"Miho," Sasami sighed. "Tsunami's..." She paused gently eying her friend. "It just doesn't work that way!" Prompting, Mihoshi to suddenly move that much closer, crouching down.

"Listen, kido," She said softly, suddenly again the Mihoshi Sasami knew.

"I know how tough your other self is supposed to be right? But we just almost lost Tenchi's dad!"

Sasami looked back, drinking deeply from those blue eyes, her resolved already crumbling when Mihoshi put in the final nail to the end of the matter.

"Sasami?" she asked leaning close. "You do know how much I love you right?"

"Miho..." Sasami muttered uncomfortably, knowing she was pinned!

"Do this for me?" Mihoshi whispered. "Ok?"

"Ok." Sasami whispered, then smirked. "Sir."

"Alright!" Mihoshi stood up positively beaming. "Let's get down to business!" She called. "Present arms!"

Smiling, hoping to lighten the moment Sasami offered both of hers, palms up.

"Just hand me the box!" Mihoshi breathed rolling her eyes. "Little miss smarty boots!"

Sasami complied bending and retrieving the container. She felt nervous as hell! It was almost laughable! She just couldn't seem to help herself. Guns were loud stupid and useless! She felt so ... torn. Tsunami,

was above all a goddess of light. All life was sacred!

Yet ... hadn't the time... 'she' Sasami nodded, setting aside any internal confusion on such matters.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.