Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things) - Cover

Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things)

Copyright© 2009 by Dreaming Bear

Chapter 65: 'To Catch a train.'

Ryoko floated to the street in a huff.

"Look's like my flight privileges have just been revoked!" She remarked touching down.

Sure it was late but She had to live around these people and couldn't risk someone seeing her darting about in the air! Though she'd wondered a lot lately how many here about knew more than they were letting on? Its not like she'd been the most discriminating when it came to using her abilities. That and some legendary boo boos over the years! Maybe someday she could just let it all hang out, but for now...

"I nailed two!" Ryoko heard, turning slightly to her immediate left, she wasn't really surprised seeing Kiyone come sprinting out of the dark.

"Three down, two to go!" Ryoko told her. "Ether of them the shooter?"

"I don't think so," Kiyone shook her head. "Otherwise they would have used it?"

"Key," Ryoko Told her concerned. "You're bleeding babe."

Reaching up Kiyone touched her ubiquitous headband. Not surprised when her fingers came away bloody. She probed the wound. Finding most of the bleeding had stopped.

"It's not bad." She said. "No time right now." Ryoko nodded, understanding completely.

"Could've tossed the gun down somewhere." Ryoko mused. "The one by the lake shore wasn't packing ether."

"Did you?" Kiyone asked evenly.

"No, left 'em breathing. You?"

"Tied to a tree." She shrugged. "Old habits die hard."

"Any ideas?" Ryoko asked looking around.

"Split up, search Five minutes, meet at the rail station."

"Right." Ryoko nodded. With that, they again separated.

Jax was hunkered down in the darkened doorway of some shop when he heard the most beautiful sound he'd known in a good long while as the distant wail of a train's horn finally signaled his ticket out of this hell hole!

Surging to his feet he made way toward the noise. When he had come out of the woods, he'd wandered for a good twenty minutes at least, totally disorientated. One thing that he had found however, was the solid conclusion he really hated small towns!

This one was proving no exception! The place was deserted! No one out walking the street, no business open. In short, nothing that could have help in his current situation.

"They must roll up the fucking sidewalks!" He had grumbled. Figuring he could've picked up some loose change somewhere but no. He would have gone strait for the rail station, but that would mean waiting around out in the open for who knows how long?

He was perhaps a hundred yards away when something occurred, having hung out at rail stations and subways for most of his young life. If the train's driver didn't see anyone on the platform, it was more than likely he wouldn't stop! Just keep barreling along! Leaving him stranded in this hayseed asylum! With that in mind, Jax began a determined sprint towards the station.

Despite the 'gravity' of the situation, some portion of Kiyone still delighted at the thrill of just being able to open up full throttle! It always amused her to think, she was considered somewhat of a klutz growing up. Down right slow too! But then that was when she was fourteen back on home world, this was earth, now and she was twenty-eight! Rounding the end of a street, heels smoking slightly as she skidded, corrected then shot forward. Clearing a parked farm truck in a single bound.

Lon Migi was twisting keys in his street level apartment's door.

Vowing, soon as the bar started clearing some profit, He'd be moving to more human accommodations! Hell! There wasn't even a curb between his door and the road! The damn asphalt came right up to his door sill! His butt was practically hanging out in the street!

"Who zoned this place?" He grumbled, fumbling for keys. "One of these days and WHAM! I lose fifty pounds the hard way!" He'd just turned the knob, when a sudden motion from the corner of his eye caused him to lurch forward, painfully racking him self on doorknob.

"Shit!" He grimaced ruefully. "What the hell?" Smoothing rumbled clothing over his ample stomach, Lon glanced around at dust trailing through the air past him and down the street. "lousy kids on their damn motorcycles!" It was funny though! He realized he'd not heard an engine! That and there was a smell of perfume hanging in the air?

"Fuck it!" Ryoko swore, finally rising into the night air. The street level searching was getting her nowhere! Anyway it was dumb! The longer she played this by earth rules, the better chance the fuck that shot Nobuyuki would get away! Shooting up Fifty feet then confirmed her actions. Catching sight of someone, running strait to the rail platform like a jackrabbit with its ass on fire! Reflexively Ryoko drew back, summoning an energy bomb for a long shot. Fairly certain she could 'vape' the jerk from here! Just as reason belatedly kicked in!

"What if there's someone else down there?" She grumbled aloud. To say nothing of the collateral damage. "Stupid bitch!" Ryoko added openly. "Use your head!" dismissing the bolt, Ryoko angled into a dive. Wondering for the umpteenth time what Tenchi saw in her that was so noble?

Jax had almost made the platform, when a backward glance caught sight of something he would rather not have! Skidding into view at extreme distance, moving so fast when applying breaks she slid sideways, the big pistol packing Moma from the woods appeared at the end of the street! Kicking gravel, dirt and, so help him smoke! As she halted briefly at about street center. Before correcting then barreling strait for him like a missile! Gaining the same impossible speed!

"You gotta be fucking kidding me!" Jax swore. Turning and running for the train as fast as his human legs could take him!

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.