Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things) - Cover

Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things)

Copyright© 2009 by Dreaming Bear

Chapter 54: 'Trouble on the mound'

Night had at last fallen.

Long time Residents of the valley regarded the time just after sunset, as one of quiet contemplation. As indeed did those who now regarded the darkened form of the shrine. They however were trying to figure out the best way to break in.

"Keep the flashlight covered!" Sato growled. "You want the whole fucking town to see we're up here?"

Sato's long time in the city had robbed his recollection. He'd forgotten how just how dark it got here about. His companions were likewise scared spitless. Jumping at every thing that went bump! Or hoot! In the night. They had lucked out in a way, being the night of a new moon. There was however just enough starlight to see by. Unfortunately that meant any light used would also be seen for miles. It had taken almost forty minutes, creeping around in the dark just to get to the top. Then a while longer to be certain the place was deserted. Now, at long last they began creeping up to the shine itself.

"Man, I'm telling you!" Luks was wining while crouched almost at its front stairs. "We are all going to burn, in, hell!"

"I just don't know about this!" Hito likewise added, his voice barely a hushed whisper. "Stealing from a shrine?" He paused glancing about. "Man! That's gotta be bad luck!"

"Confucius say, getting kicked in balls, much worse!" Jax told them hotly. At least he was attempting to keep his voice down Sato noted grimly. "That's what's gonna happen to both you pansies! if'n you don't shut up!" Jax added.

"Zip it! All of you" Sato told them, trying to stay cool. "Luks?" He then asked the closest one to him. "Help me with this old door!"

It took a few moments, using this huge screwdriver they'd nabbed from some farmer browns toolbox, before the old frame gave way and just like that they were in! Now at last, the flashlight could be useful!

As it's beam played round the alien interior, most of the objects illuminated were expected. Wooden floor, rolled up mats, lots and lots of unlit candles. Moments later though, the steadily 'browning' beam, flickered across something unusual, which gleamed reddish seconds before the light just went out!

2

Nobuyuki startled awake, convinced he'd heard ... something. He lay quietly in the dark for a few moments, wondering now if he had just imagined it. After all, the shrine and its out buildings were very, very old and ... There! He'd heard it again! Throwing aside his covers, he carefully got to his feet, making little noise as was humanly possible. Bump! Bump! Crash! Not only did he appear to have prowlers on his hands, they sounded like rank amateurs! Not that he'd necessarily know the difference? Moving stealthily, he opened the door to the priests quarters a smidgen.

"Fucking great Izo!" Luks growled, disembodied, accompanied by the sounds of vaguely metallic rattling.

"Should've got fucking Ever-cells!" He seethed before adding. "Cheap piece of shit!" Sato wasn't certain if Luks was referring to the batteries or Izo, not that it mattered.

"Keep it together!" He told them, trying to stay in control of both the group and his own adrenaline.

"Hey! Someone's touching my ass!" Jax suddenly snapped. After a brief startled pause there were assorted snickers.

"Izo's found love at last!" Hito snorted from somewhere.

"Hey! Goddamn it!" Izo snapped annoyed and from the sound of it, still fiddling with the light.

"Quit the fucking clowning!" Sato remarked, amazed privately Jax would ever even try to lighten the mood.

"Who's fucking clowning?" Jax growled utterly hostile. "Someone put their hand on my ass!"

"Not me!" Luks informed them in a flash.

"I sure as fuck didn't!" Izo gripped almost as quickly.

"Wasn't me!" Hito swore.

"Well, I wouldn't touch your ass with a blowtorch Jax!" Sato added.

"Then who the hell?" Jax began, right at the moment Izo's frantic fiddling suddenly bore fruit and the flashlight suddenly snapped on! Its beam falling upon a leering crimson face.

Sato wailed in surprise, while Luks tripped over his own feet. Falling to the floor in front of Hito who seemed to absorb the shock with the most calm of the group when in fact he'd bitten his tongue. Izo likewise appeared to have little to no reaction, unless one noticed the slowly spreading pool of liquid around his left foot.

Jax, simply gave ground, again delighting to feel a strange hand exploring his lower crevice.

"Son of a bitch!" He snarled whirling, one hand slapping promptly rewarded by an unyielding impact and a reverberating thud. Pain shooting up his arm, realizing even in the dim indirect light of Izo's torch, he'd been groped by a suit of ancient armor!

"What the fuck?!"

3

Nobuyuki having stood listening intently for several moments now noted the pause in the action next door.

"Wait a second here!" He heard a voice say. "That thing ain't movin!"

"Shit!" Another swore after a few. "That's some fucking kind of mask!"

"Ah," Nobuyuki mused, now absolutely certain of what had turned their knees to Jell-O. "Too bad Ryoko isn't here!" he whispered. Those assholes would find her far more terrifying than her burial mask. Standing for another moment, he considering his options. Much as he wanted to, charging over there was just plain dumb! Glancing around, his well-adjusted eyes spied His father in laws phone.

"I wonder if?" He mused, tiptoeing over, wondering at the moment why he was bothering? The thieves next door were making enough noise to wake the dead! Lifting the receiver, he got his second shock of the evening, a dial tone!

"The dorks!" He mouthed wonderingly. "Aren't you supposed to always cut the phone line?" With a mean little smile he dialed 110.

Crash! Came another loud noise, this time there was definitely glass breaking involved.

"Alright!" A new voice elated. "I got it open!"

"Give me a hand with this thing over here!" He heard someone rasp. "It weighs a fucking ton!"

"Quit staring at that fucking thing and get your ass over here Izo!" Came another voice clearly, confirming Nobuyuki's suspicions as to the identity of the little group, or at least some of it members.

"Those punks!" He muttered grimly, thinking upon the earlier encounter. "Why I ought to!"

"Awwww sweet!" Sato fairly drooled, having found the shrines silver prayer bell, he'd chanced to spot something old and at once familiar. Siting atop an old box was the shrine's leather bound I-Ching! or book of coins.

He stood for a moment oblivious to Jax and Izo attempting to dismantle the old armor. The book had to be at least a hundred years old! Making off with that would accomplish something far in excess of its monetary value. It would really piss that old fucker Katsuhito off!

"This was going to be a night to remember!" As much as he wished to stay, really give the old shed a going over! He figured now was good a time as any. Moving back to the door Sato pulled an aerosol can from his pocket.

"Just one more little thing!" He chuckled to himself.

"Izo?" He called. "Shine that light over here!" After all he didn't want the big moment to be spoiled by poor penmanship!

The I ching is a Chinese fortune telling device. Where commonly a set of three coins are tossed against a book's spine. The pattern the coins have landed in are then referenced against those listed within to determine fortunes.

Nobuyuki had waited in the dark for several minutes, according to his watch.

"Just let the police do their job!" he muttered. That was what he kept telling himself. Each time he heard a noise however his supply of resolve rapidly diminished. After getting off the phone with the police he'd tried the house but the line was busy! It was when his ears caught the hiss of an aerosol can mixed with the sounds of chuckling he decided enough was enough!

Moving quietly to the door, he took a deep breath and slowly pulled it open. Crouching down, Nobuyuki stole forward till he was at the front steps. Retrieving some implement from their place beside the stairs. Enjoying the feel of wood polished dark by time and oil from the hands of it wielders. It was time to show this group of punks the fruits of his training at the shrine!

"OW! Shit!" Hito yelped from across the room. Bringing everyone to a temporary halt.

"Was the matter?" Jax gripped.

"Fucking glass!" Hito wined. "I'm bleeding!"

"Want momma to kiss your boo, boo?" Sato asked. "Did you get the fucking sword?"

"Yeah! yeah!" Hito snapped. "Got it!" Sato felt an intense pleasure rise from within, He only wished he could see that old bastard Katsuhito's face!

"God damn it!" He heard Jax swear. "This thing won't come off its stand!"

"Let me help with it!" He griped, making his way over.

Behind him, in the backwash of Izo's light, a large tanned hand quietly broke through the framed panel on the wall. Then just as quietly, removed the red mask from its hook, before pulling it back through the hole it had made.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.