Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things) - Cover

Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things)

Copyright© 2009 by Dreaming Bear

Chapter 47: 'Roll up'

"Roll up! Roll up! Roll up!" Ryoko called across the field. "You boys hungry? I got the cure! Plain, mild or spicy? It's great I'll insure! Step up quick, Jump up real fast! I got the beef but it sure won't last! Pork so juicy you'll yell for more! The pigs in heaven and the taste'll take you there for shore! Noodles so tasty slippery and hot! Come one, come all my Ramen will hit the spot! Roll up! Roll up! Roll up!"

Ayeka found herself smiling, Ryoko seemed to be in her element. It was a true pleasure to watch her work the crowd.

"Ryoko!" The first man to belly up to the cart gruffed cheerfully. "You're here almost everyday! Why do you gotta bark at us like a street vender huh?"

"Hey!" She snapped, playfully lifting a fist. "Don't be bust'en my chop, Ogi! I might return the favor!"

The sizable man made an elaborate display of throwing up his hands.

"Oooo!" He muttered. "Don't hit me little lady!"

"The usual?" She asked quickly, noticing other customers approaching fast.

"But of course Mamzell!" Ogi said using his best pseudo-French accent.

"One beef bowl, extra spicy coming up!"

"You still got pork rinds?" Another of her regulars was asking.

"Thought your wife said to lay off?"

"Shit!" He griped. "Not you too?"

"Did Sasami send any of those fucking incredible cookies out here today?"

"Don't swear around the kids cook'n!" Ryoko smirked. "She might hear!"

"Got any fish today sugar?"

"Caught it myself!"

"Great!"

"You got it!"

"Extra large pork bowl, not so spicy this time sweetie!"

"I warned you didn't I?" Ryoko told him.

"Got any cold beer?"

"Not a chance!" She replied. "Tenchi was watching me too close!"

"Ain't that just like the damn choirboy?"

"But! I got soda, green and iced tea, lemonade and..." She paused flipping open her cooler. "Plenty o' sake!" She grinned to the crowd as a cheer went up.

Yes, Ryoko was definitely a hit. And not a drop of 'space toad oil' in sight!

It was amazing just how happy she looked here, among these people. Ayeka prided herself on her abilities as a public presence. Being a member of a ruling class. Made that sort of thing almost mandatory. That was still a lot different however from having a true gift of gab like, well, Ryoko for instance. She was so amazingly earthy! Strange, as that might seem to whom she was applying the term.

"Excuse me, Miss Ayeka?"

"Huh?" She was startled, but only for a second before realizing someone was addressing her. "Oh! Mr. Ogi." She apologized, bowing to the enormous day worker. "I was lost in thought! Please forgive my rudeness!"

The mountain of a man smiled down at her, seeming pleasantly startled.

"You don't have to apologize to a ditch digger like me!" He told Ayeka politely.

"I was just curious why your pretty little self is out here with miss fowl mouth today?"

Ayeka snickered with pleasure in spite of herself. Not without a tinge of nervousness as well just the same. Ogi Kazarra could easily make three of Tenchi! Yet in spite of his bulk, was a man of gentle mannerisms. Thank god!

"Keep a lipp'n blimp!" Ryoko warned. "An you and this gang o' crack miners 'll be eat'n cold box lunches again!"

"Now, now little miss Q-tip." Ogi told Ryoko with reproachfully grin. "There's no need to insight these boys to hanging my butt! I'm just wondering why Miss Ayeka decided to treat all us dirt kickers to the pleasure 'o her company."

He gestured to the rest of the assembled field hand with a huge callused paw.

"After all when the best scenery you get during the day is Jako's butt crack."

"Shut your hole!" Came the immeadeate response to his right.

"You take the time to appreciate the gift of some real beauty!" He added doggedly.

Shaking her head with a snort Ryoko glanced over to where the princess was staring hard at the ground, cradling beet red face in her hands.

"Mr. Ogi please!" Ayeka begged.

"Hey!" Ryoko griped. "What the hell am I? Chopped liver for piss sake?"

"Well," Ogi told her, shrugging elaborately. "Chopped liver is a beautiful thing to a man who can't afford steak?"

"Your push'n it bud!"

"Hey Ryoko!" Another man called. "When you gonna dump that monk? Give one of us real men a chance?"

Ayeka's gaze immediately snapped up. Swinging a baleful glare towards the offending party. Her ubiquitous 'How Dare You!' forming on her lips. When she caught sight of several field hands now standing close around Ryoko. Flexing for her inspection in various 'body builder' stances. Even committed to Tenchi as she was, Ayeka's righteous furry sort of died in her throat. Almost hypnotized by the sight of so many ruggedly male specimens.

"Oh my!" She whispered while over crossed arms, leaning back against her cart, Ryoko was taking in all the testosterone with a bemused grin.

"You limp bunch'a potato pickers, just crack me up!" She snorted.

"You sure bout that babe?" A man Ayeka didn't recognize said sliding close, presenting a thick corded arm for Ryoko's close appraisal. "How do you know? till ya taste 'n compare?"

Ryoko shook her head smiling warmly. To her this was old stuff. Though she knew and was flattered to think, these guys were about half-serious. Hey, she wasn't made of stone! Glancing over at the princess, one of the younger workers, a 'not', in Ryoko's opinion bad looking dude', named 'Jeremy Sprig' Was extending a well muscled arm for Ayeka's inspection as well.

It was all Ryoko could do, not to 'bust a gut' at how wide the princesses eye's were as she tentatively squeezed the guy's bicep. Almost in a trance, she knew instantly it was time to 'call off the dogs' before it got out of hand and Ayeka panicked.

"Ok! Boys that's it!" She sighed patting an enormous chest in front of her. "This ain't chipp'n dales!"

"Aww! Com'on Ryoko!" Some grown man pouted. "Were just having fun!"

"Yeah!" Ogi gruffed, instantly in control of the mob. "Ryoko knows that, ya bunch'a knuckle heads!" He indicated Ayeka.

"But that little ladies not used to your brand 'o back woods charm!"

"Ok," Jeremy sighed, instantly backing away flashing Ayeka a huge smile.

Ryoko shook her head again sadly, The princess looked like a deer caught in a cars headlights managing a little wave in return with a nervous giggle.

While the first wave of dinners abated, a lull settled upon the road. Each of the men picking a spot to eat near one of his fellows, leaving Ryoko and Ayeka pretty much off to themselves. The princess watched her friend cleaning utensils for a moment, before she heaved a heart felt sigh.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.