Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things) - Cover

Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things)

Copyright© 2009 by Dreaming Bear

Chapter 39: My Life Is A Mess!

"One hundred fifty seven!" Kiyone grimaced, chinning herself on a bar suspended between two of the older trees on the training ground.

"Going to kill her!" She gasped upon lowering to full extension, before exerting, rising again.

"One hundred fifty eight!" She rasped upon returning chin to the bar. "Finally lost what little brain she had!" She then growled, then lowered. Then, in spite of working off a serious 'mad on' since she had arrived, Kiyone executed her one hundred and fifty ninth pull-up easily as she had her first. "Not to mention embarrassing me in front of the Masaki's!" At the top she now paused her face taking on a tragic cast. "To say nothing about what the grand marshal's gonna do when he gets wind of this!"

Sinking down, both in despair and physically Kiyone indulged in a moment of hanging and 'she felt' well earned self-pity.

"MY LIFE IS A MESS!!" She lamented. Her moment however was interrupted by the sound of someone clapping their hands.

"BRAVO!" Tenchi called. Now attired in training clothes, he made his way from the archway to about center of the well worn open area.

"Magnificent performance!" He continued before stopping a few feet away. "I know, it brought tears to My eyes."

"You are such a dick!" Kiyone seethed, still hanging from the bar. "You saw how she was carrying on!"

"Well, to Mihoshi's defense Key." He said quietly, crossing his arms. "You did go off half cocked! Talking to her in front of everybody like that."

"You're taking her side?" She asked unable to believe.

"Kiyone!" He gasped, astonished in spite of himself. "There is no side to take! Mihoshi's a grown woman! With her own mind!" As she continued to stare Tenchi found he was feeling slightly ticked off at her persisting attitude.

"Hell!" He continued. "After the way you're always after her about thinking for herself..."

"Ok! Now, whoa, whoa, whoa!" She interrupted hanging from one hand and gesturing with the other.

"You mean to say, you approve of her shaking her ass in front of a camera?"

"No," Tenchi grimaced. "Of course not!" He answered immediately, shrugging. "But I mean, it really is her choice, right? Whether we approve or not?" At his point Kiyone surrendered her grip and dropped to the ground.

"But, I'm supposed to look after her!" She pouted still obviously upset. "She's my..."

"Responsibility?" Tenchi interrupted nodding his head. "Not your daughter, or your sister though." He then paused and drew a deep breath.

"No matter how much you might feel any other way about it." He then braced himself wondering if he had gone too far, said too much. What right did he have giving advice one way or the other? He then waited, it seemed for a long time during which she said nothing.

"Key," He told her gently. "She's going to have to make her own way, mistakes included."

"But she's so clueless!" Kiyone sobbed. "So clumsy! So..." She stopped for a moment, words failing her at last. "Innocent."

Grabbing the ends of the towel round his neck with both hands, Tenchi made his way over to her. Wishing desperately he could just take back some of the days events. For more than just Kiyone's sake.

"Have you ever told her the way you feel Key?" He asked standing before her.

"NO!" She snapped suddenly, fire in her eyes reacting like she'd been shot! "And don't you dare!"

"It's not my place Key." He returned firmly. Reaching out placing his hand on her arm. "But, I really think she should know."

"Are you saying maybe?" She sniffed. Smiling inspire of the tears she found forming in her eyes. "Its time to come clean?" There was just something about Tenchi that always seemed to give her clarity, strength. But still... "I'm not the only one who needs to fess up around here!" She added poignantly.

"Yeah," He nodded looking away. "I know."

"When?" She asked with hushed urgency. Not wishing to even chance the possibility they might be over heard.

"After I get back from Tokyo." He said, still looking away.

"Why wait?" She asked, then blushed not believing she was being so nosey. Not to mention pushy!

"Got one little detail I need to complete." He said then glanced at her and smiled. "Don't bother asking."

"Go smoke a turd." She bristled. "I didn't want to know anyway." She lied attempting to sound mild.

"Yeah right." He grinned suddenly. "Detective."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" She hissed, just as quickly annoyed.

"Nothing." He shrugged backing towards the small cabin.

"No," She seethed, slowly giving pursuit. "I wan'na know what the hell you meant by that?"

"Nothing." He answered quietly then added. "You know? Like that space between you ears?" Bristling, Kiyone lumbered forward.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.