Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things) - Cover

Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things)

Copyright© 2009 by Dreaming Bear

Chapter 22: You were a girl once

"Lucky son of a bitch!" Todd said wonderingly as Tenchi was dragging Ayeka away.

"Come again?" Kiyone asked, in the act of taking a step forward to follow almost involuntarily, When Todd's remark brought her up short.

"I mean some guys have all the luck!" He said quickly. Having seen what had just 'gone down' Todd was reevaluating his chances. 'Clearly, Masaki and that 'Ayeka' chick were an 'item'. "So." He ventured now that he seemed to have Kiyone's attention. "What's your stake in all this?"

"Huh?" Key wondered, studying the young man. Concern over yesterday and this morning, to say nothing of what might be occurring behind the priest quarters was making her decidedly slow on the up take.

"Oh!" She added finally, thinking she took his meaning. "We're just good friends." She told him, more over her shoulder not really paying that much attention.

"How nice." Todd said grinning. Something in how he said it made a red alert sound somewhere, causing Kiyone's head to turn and for her to actually look. Seeing then, Todd grinning, like the Cheshire cat.

"Oh Great." Key exasperated silently. "Just what I don't need right now!" Not that she found Todd Runion bad looking. No, that was not it at all. Briefly, Kiyone mind wandered sourly over the romantic situations, both current and other wise. Not to even bridge how Mihoshi was carrying on! Wondering if it wasn't something in the water here about? She like everyone else had felt its pull. Her affection for Tenchi were as deep and true as...

Kiyone mildly shook her head. Clearly, there were too many irons in the fire around here! To even entertain the notion of ... She started glancing about for something, anything, which might throw him off her scent.

"Of course that's the official story." She said quickly, suddenly getting an idea.

"Huh?" Todd started. "W-What do you mean?" he asked edging even closer.

"The truth is," Kiyone told him, her expression a complete deadpan. "I was dispatched to this planet by the galaxy police force!"

"What?" Todd asked, continuing to smile.

"I was sent in a attempt to locate my partner Mihoshi." Kiyone continued, gesturing beside her to where her partner stood eying her curiously in turn, watching then as Todd's gaze moved, in a quick appraisal of Miho then back. "Well, as it turns out. "Key pressed on. "I found her safe and alive, living here, apparently stranded while attempting to apprehend the space pirate Ryoko. Who'd taken up residence in the Masaki's household prior to her arrival."

"Really." Todd said, blinking slowly. "A-a Space Pirate?"

"Of course, that's because Ryoko, who I just mentioned." Kiyone told him. "Well, she's the reason this shrine here exists in the first place!"

"Oh?" He grunted.

"Well, turns out, She's is the actual demon!" Key added buoyantly. "Sealed away in the cave the shrine was dedicated to just under seven hundred years ago! By Yosho the legendary warrior." Kiyone paused. "You know who that is right?"

"Mmm" Todd nodded intently.

"Well it so happens That Yosho," Key resumed. "Was ... though, I suppose IS would more correct since he's is alive, kicking not to mention standing right over there." She then nodded Katsuhito's general direction. "A prince from a distant planet. Seeking vengeance for an attack by Ryoko on their world."

"Who you mentioned." Todd said, still nodding.

"Come to find out Tenchi, Who you've met, is a blood descendant of the same Yosho."

"The Legendary warrior?" Todd offered.

"Right," Key nodded, "We covered that. Who by the way is posing as care taker of the Masaki shrine just so he could watch over the demon."

"Do tell." Todd grunted.

"So by that reasoning," Kiyone mused. "Tenchi is the actual 'heir apparent' of a fabulous ancient galactic empire. Which is, I should mention, why Ayeka has 'the hots for' him." She paused. "Aside from the obvious, because she is also from the same planet as Yosho and in direct line to the throne."

"Makes perfect sense to me." Todd agreed.

"We, meaning me and my recovered partner here." She gestured again at Mihoshi still standing mute. "Were later re-assigned to protect this Solar system by Mihoshi's grandfather."

"Ah." Todd mildly sighed.

"Oh!" Kiyone digressed at a sudden thought. "He's is the galaxy police's grand marshal, you should know! Mainly were still here, because there are so many members of the royal family around." Kiyone paused glancing at Todd, Who was registering a blank look. "Mihoshi, did I miss anything?" Key asked, looking curiously over at her partner.

"No, I think that about covers it." She answered, still bewildered by the whole affair.

"Well, thank you for the explanation!" Todd blurted suddenly, nodding curtly. "Excuse me." He then walked away muttering unintelligently under his breath.

"Yep." Kiyone nodded satisfied. "Works every time." Her smile faded quickly as she caught sight of Tenchi coming back around the shrines out building.

"Mihoshi, you wait right there till I come back!" She said, starting forwards, calling over her shoulder. "Don't do anything without me!"

"So Mr. Higomi!" Tenchi began cheerfully striding up to where Wataru was standing. "Grandpa said I should look after your needs?" The director looked up, from were he had been explaining some changes in lighting to Ben.

"Back so soon?" He smirked, watching with amusement as the color rose again in Tenchi's face. "Nothing at the moment Mr. Miskai." He added laughing. "I just finished putting the rest of those slackers to work on hauling a few additional props up here." He frowned glancing down at his hand.

"Though I haven't a clue what I'm gonna do with this!" he added. Tenchi focused on the object Wataru was hefting. A small brown machine stitched burlap bag.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.