Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things) - Cover

Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things)

Copyright© 2009 by Dreaming Bear

Chapter 2: Think Of The Future

In spite of her being closer at start of their sprint, Tenchi easily beat Kiyone to roadside.

Not that she was really going 'flat out' mind you.

When coming finally a breast to him however, it seemed to her that most of his sense of urgency was lost.

Obviously reading her next question with a glance, Tenchi simply pointed.

Allowing her to follow the line of his gesture. Before Kiyone suddenly felt a groan rising from within.

"Kiyone!" Came a weak and distant wail.

Staggering up the road towards them, Mihoshi Karamatsu was a total mess.

Her normally radiant gravity defying hair currently was hosting an assortment of leaves and small debris.

The thermal running togs she was wearing were severely grass stained and torn in several places with sticks and brambles protruding from various locations. A fine layer of dirt and mud completed her current sorry appearance as she was drawing near.

"Oh Kiyone!" She whined, slowly approaching, blue eyes brimming with tears which streamed down both her bronze cheeks.

"We were coming past the shrine? just before the stairs?" Mihoshi lamented.

"And I thought I saw a hundred-yen coin!"

While Tenchi strained to the task of keeping his face perfectly neutral. His peripheral vision displayed Kiyone characteristically grinding heel of hand against her forehead as her partner continued.

"Well, I tried to grab it, while still keeping up?" Mihoshi went on obliviously.

"But I went, head first down the hill!" She drew a breath, as a tiny catch was audible in her throat.

"And I wound up in the yard behind the rest stop!"

Kiyone's hand had slid slowly from her forehead as she listened. Its pressure and path slightly distorting her features.

Giving the appearance she might be trying to 'rub' her face off.

Or at least erase the sad tableau before her as her hand finally arrived at the vicinity over her mouth.

The eyes that then peered over it at Mihoshi wore a look of supreme weariness.

"And after all that!" Mihoshi sobbed while presenting something that glimmered in the early morning air.

"It was just a lousy pop tab!"

Holding blamed object of her current state out to them, Mihoshi then proceeded to bawl her eyes out.

After a moment during which she continued to stare at the situation tiredly, Kiyone at last stepped forward.

"Come on." She sighed dutifully. Taking hold of her partners hand. Key then began leading her back along the road.

"I'll catch up with you later Tenchi!" She called over her shoulder.

"Let's go and get you cleaned up!" she then added to a still snubbing Mihoshi as Kiyone gently towed her distraught companion back toward the house.

Shaking his head sadly, Tenchi stood for a moment watching them go.

It never ceased to amaze him how anyone who could operate and repair ultra sophisticated equipment like the Galaxy Police had to offer. Could get themselves in to the kind of dire straits that Mihoshi seem to?

She had even personally repaired an old lap top Tenchi had inherited from an old school chum with what appeared the amount of effort he might need to change a light bulb.

Yet when it came to 'ditzing off', a term authored by Kiyone at some point along the time she had been here on earth.

Mihoshi was the undisputed queen!

He supposed however that 'technical brilliance' and the ability to chew gum and walk at the same time were poles apart.

"Meyow!"

Tenchi mildly cringed at the familiar call issuing behind him.

Immediately turning as he guiltily recalled., catching sight then of Ryo-Okhi as she was just now closing on his location. Carrying both of their field baskets with some difficulty.

"Sorry about that Ryo." Tenchi told her. While quickly taking the steps necessary towards 'Oki' to relieve her burden.

"Meow." She shrugged simply, smiling up at him. Not seeming to mind the mild neglect on his part.

Waiting patiently as Tenchi considered before handing her back the lighter of the two.

"Just look at you!" He could still easily make out Kiyone's voice in the distance. Prompting Both Tenchi and Ryo-chan to pause, watching the now distant figures.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.