Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things) - Cover

Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things)

Copyright© 2009 by Dreaming Bear

Chapter 136: Breakfast is served!

Kiyone had lain for more than several additional moments.

Allowing her over taxed mind to simply 'idle' while just listening to the muffled exchanges from somewhere in the house below.

The exact interval she lay there likewise went unnoticed when she suddenly started. Making out what was clearly Azusa amid the others she could hear.

Perhaps she was still 'off balance' to put her current state into the mildest of terms but hearing the emperor's voice served to crystallize the situation. Enough that she growled, at last sitting up.

"This is stupid!" Key muttered, now throughly angry with herself.

Taking a precious few moments gathering resolve on the edge of the futon.

Damn it! She was Kiyone Makibi! She reasoned coming adamantly to her feet.

And there was no way in hell! she was going to let some man...

Any man! Just push her damn buttons!

She'd gone through too damn much by god to allow it!

"Right!" Key firmly declared.

Unconsciously straitening her shorts as though she were wearing her uniform before marching purposefully to the door.

She hadn't properly gotten through it however, when an unexpected collision with, something?

Forced the young police woman to react for an instant as though being assaulted!

Fiercely grabbing at 'the whatever'. Jerking it out to a proper distance for inspection with a glare.

Instantly identifying some kind of dress?

Well, the upper and lower portion of one anyway.

Long brocade sleeves and a collar formed a sort of mantled 'halter'. Connected by descending swaths of material to a flowing full-length skirt.

Begrudgingly, Key realized she liked the deep royal blue, set off by the delicate traceries of gold woven into its surface.

That is until her scanning eyes fell upon a small piece of white paper, pinned just above the bodice.

One single word, written in galactic standard.

'Please?' And it was signed 'Azusa'. Punctuated with of all things a hastily drawn smiley face!

"AH!" Kiyone gasped, both outraged and annoyed. Of all the freaken nerve!

'Chucking' the garment to the floor as she started for the stairs in a huff.

She wouldn't know for several moments hence that aside from its royal blue color and exact tailoring, the discarded gown was identical to those worn by Ena and Ryoko.

...

"Has any one seen Mayuka?" Tenchi suddenly asked, wincing instantly at how nonchalant it had sounded.

He was concerned! though only mildly so. He hadn't conveniently forgotten about his daughter It was just that the last time he had seen Mayuka she was with Mihoshi after all.

Having agreed to the Jurians terms, (as far as they knew). Tenchi doubted anything short of a full out planetary assault by some as yet unknown party could have reached her!

"Meyow?" Sort of drifted as a response from the living rooms vicinity.

Just as a characteristic mass of hair was making appearance above the sofa as Ryo-oki's face rose sleepily into view. Though as her eyes cleared back of the wrap-around they widened, regarding the assembly in the dining area.

"Oh ho, ho!" Ryoko instantly smirked.

"Lookie who's decided to rejoin the land of the living!"

"Me..." Ryo-chan started to murmurer, her feline feature going slightly slack as she took in Ryoko's new appearance.

"Wow." she finished in slightly more than a hushed whisper, looking in undisguised wonder at a Ryoko transformed!

"Well don't just sit there!" Ryoko gestured instantly warming.

"Come on over here and join us partner!" She added with a wink.

"Ryo-chan?" Came another voice, muttering close at hand.

"Who you talking to honey?"

As the question heralded appearance of Hero's visage sliding groggily up into view near by.

"Oh my! How sweet!" Ayeka gushed, pleasantly at the sight.

"Whoa!" Ryoko smiled, delightedly.

"Guess I wasn't the only one not sleep'n alone last night!"

Looking askew from their sleeping arrangements, both Ryo-chan and Hero blinked. Staring back uncomprehendingly at everyone for a moment before glancing towards one another.

Each instantly averting their eyes, blushing in their own way. Suddenly very self-conscience of their predicament.

"Wa?" Sounded also from the young couple's location.

Prompting a certain toddler's eyes make their entrance over back of the sofa as well.

Instantly brightening upon focusing on those assembled in the dining room.

"Daddy!" Mayuka called excitedly, instantly chambering up and almost over before Ryo-chan and Hero made panicked simultaneous grabs. Lowering Mayuka more cautiously to the floor behind.

Allowing the child then a full tilt charge her father's direction.

"Oof!" Tenchi characteristically elaborated as he caught her, having turned and braced for the interception.

"We were wondering where you had gotten to you little terror!" Ayeka supplied happily from where she knelt beside Tenchi. even as Ryoko was 'giving ground'.

Having gotten sufficient snuggles from her father for the moment, Mayuka suddenly leaned out table-wards looking direct and critically up at the crown princess.

"Aka got bed-hair!" She suddenly announced delighted, pointing a chubby digit.

Noting the deviation from the princess's normally meticulous immaculate attention to personal detail.

"Why yes I do!" Ayeka confirmed elaborately while smiling as Tenchi let his gaze slip her direction.

Unable to keep from thinking just how incredibly 'sexy' his princess look right then.

Or of the precious few times he had gotten to see when her impenetrable royal mask was allowed to slip. His mind returning to the very first.

Her ebony hair wetly askew, soaked likewise to the skin.

Wearing only an equally wet Jurian under garment.

The two of them, drying slowly lit by firelight.

Erotic? Perhaps but that vision paled beside the incredible image of the present.

Kneeling in flowing yellow, hair softly disarrayed. Smiling contentedly back at him.

Ayeka seemed at peace. Appearing so beautiful to him at that moment it almost hurt.

"Hey little britches!" Ryoko called, patting the floor between her and Tenchi.

"You can sit right here!" Prompting the child turn, eyeing her oddly.

"Who you?"

"Huh?" Ryoko mouthed, staring back at the little girl mildly perturbed.

"What do you mean 'Who am I?'"

In response, Mayuka leaned mildly forwards apparently studying Ryoko intently. The child's large eyes narrowing to crimson slits for a moment before suddenly widening.

"Anti Oko?" She queried uncertain.

"Damn strait!" Ryoko huffed, utterly perplexed.

Tilting her head while continuing to stare, one corner of Mayuka's tiny mouth quivered for a moment.

"You got Tina Turner make-over!" Mayuka blurted joyously.

"Look like Anti Ashu!"

"Wha..." Ryoko gaped, Totally at a loss.

Amid several snickers and outright rising 'gafaws' round the table.

"The child looks different from the last time we were here..." Azusa mused quietly.

"That's because Ryo-oki is the one sitting over in the other room!" Funaho whispered harshly.

Garnishing her a perplexed glare from the appropriate source.

Before the emperor's gaze flickered briefly that direction. Taking a moment allowing his surprise to register.

"I fear our 'intelligence' on 'this child' has been sadly lacking!" Misaki added softly.

"To put it mildly." Funaho agreed quietly. Thinking that the lack of that particular nubbin of 'information' had garnered time in the infirmary for three of their best Tanzuru and almost gotten Kamadaki scalped!

Three pairs of eyes then turned to where lady Ena now knelt utterly composed.

Having of course heard everything the concubine was now surveying the three of then coolly in return.

"Perhaps you can explain this 'gap' in our information my dear?" Azusa pressed.

"Unfortunately I can not." Ena supplied pointedly.

"Though I believe that she is the 'beloved third princess' the daughter of great power and great evil, of which the cards clearly foretold."

"Interesting choice of terms." Misaki smirked.

"Perhaps my wife spoke truly some time ago..." Azusa nodded.

"That your powers may at last be waning?"

"Perhaps," Ena conceded darkly, knowing however he was merely baiting her.

"But it was my understanding that you now possess the sum of Ryoko's memories." Funaho whispered urgently drawing close.

"How could you not know?"

"In the realm of bureaucracy, I forever bow to you my sister and queen." Ena told her carefully.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.