Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things) - Cover

Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things)

Copyright© 2009 by Dreaming Bear

Chapter 134

Day 9 'wings in the wind.'

Dawn had made its appearance at last.

The fading remainder of the night having presided over one of the most angst ridden intervals Kiyone could remember enduring in quite a while.

Over the last few days she'd been coping ... she supposed.

Attempting to exercise the practical side of her nature. Preparing best she was able for the changes fate in its way had ordained. Convincing her self that she was ready. Or at the very least 'braced' for anything possibly to come. Or so Kiyone had thought...

"The emperor wants to knock boots!" Key moaned quietly. Confiding to the frying pan she was currently cuddling with. A little security blanket seized from the wall as she had exited through the kitchen only a few hours ago.

A part of her was detached, surveying the whole scene disgustedly. After all what was she afraid of?

She was a thoroughly modern woman! An officer of the galaxy police for crying out loud!

It wasn't like Azusa would just have her knocked on the head then 'shipped off' to his private harem ... right?

One of her fingers reached again, lightly caressed the still healing area at the back of her skull. Where persons, still unknown had cracked her!

No ... it wasn't like he'd ever do anything like that at all.

Oh, she definitely had her suspicions. As to whom had sucker shotted her. With one Kamadaki figuring prominently at the top of a very short list of suspects. Not that it was particularly important at the moment.

Key had difficulties enough of an entirely different kind to hold her concentration!

"While I would never demand it of you my dear," Kiyone again heard the words Azusa had smoothly told her only a short few hours ago. "There are many advantages to one who would be my consort!"

In the face of such a confident onslaught only moments after the departure of the queen and his wife.

Kiyone found herself totally at a loss for rebuttal, competent or otherwise!

"And should you ever choose officially to received my mark," He continued in earnest.

Staring deep in to her eyes while again having captured her hand.

"You would find doors undreamed of open before you!"

"Your?" Kiyone had stammered, trying to focus.

"What mark?"

"The royal crest? " Azusa continued softly. "The holy seal of Jurai."

His free hand had gestured, indicating her direction.

Or more precisely, below the table where she knelt.

"Placed traditionally just below you're lovely naval," he smiled.

"At the very 'crest' of your womanhood."

Kiyone had blinked, several times in fact. Suddenly aware of every single sound in the room around her.

Glancing then briefly down at herself.

Particularly at the 'contested' location to which Azusa had currently referred.

Never until that instant feeling more 'naked' wearing her usual nighttime attire.

Though most likely before the Emperor's burning gaze, full space armor would have felt concealing as her 'light green' halter and shorts!

"Ah, Your grace?" She had breathed shrinking back slightly.

"Th, this is all s-so sudden!"

"Kiyone?" Azusa spoke softly, using her name directly for the first time.

"Can you not call me by My name?"

Hearing it in this context however felt like icy needles dancing along Key's spine.

"I!" She gasped drawing her self up. Taking several fast gulps of air.

"Am not certain THAT would be proper!"

"I could command it be so." Azusa chuckled. "If it would ease your mind?"

"N-NO!" She started, then swallowed.

"I-I mean I'm feeling rather vulnerable here!" Kiyone then managed to stammer.

"You? Vulnerable?" He asked nonplussed, obviously amused.

"Now I find THAT highly dubious!"

"Ah," Key gasped, wondering in that instant what it was about the man, which made it so hard to mount a defense?

Of course there was the utterly obvious...

"But YOU'RE THE EMPEROR for Christ's sake!" She mouthed.

"Why would someone like you want..." Kiyone gestured at herself helplessly.

"And I have told you..." Azusa continued emphatic.

"You're strong, intelligent and beautiful. And your youth inspires me!"

He leaned closer, whispering gently.

"I can taste the sweetness of your days on my tongue!"

His hand lifted, brushing almost casually at a stray lock of her hair.

"And your eyes! So deep, and thoughtful." He continued gazing deeply.

"Yet I can see a sadness there." He confided softly.

"Oh, sweet Kiyone," Azusa suddenly almost begged.

"Let me but take you away! Wrap you in silks and bathe you with love!"

"I! I can't!" She resisted. Or at least attempted some portion of her had hoped.

After all she had a career! A future to consider!

Didn't she?

"Give yourself to me." He gently insisted.

"And you'll never want for anything again!"

It was only with the most supreme of effort Key was able at last to pull away from him.

All but jerking her hand free as she rose clumsily from the table just shy of stumbling in her retreat.

"I really have to be going!" She panted. Before turning away from his gaze. Doing what little she could to compose.

Only the sheer impropriety of doing so kept her from somehow bolting immediately from the room.

"I'm sorry if I have upset you." His voice called softly to her back. Touching something within her, enough of a cord to force her to halt.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.