Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things) - Cover

Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things)

Copyright© 2009 by Dreaming Bear

Chapter 127: 'Bed Check'

It was quiet in the rest of the house.

Almost an unnatural calm had settled in the wake of the ceremony.

It was interesting for Key to note that all the Tanzuru had withdrawn from inside.

Maintaining slightly more than a token presence at the home's perimeter.

Whether this was due to no member of the household being perceived any longer as a threat or to simply allow members of the royal guard to 'party' was anyone's guess.

Key didn't give the matter much thought.

It gave her much needed space to decompress, and 'prowl' as had become her nightly habit.

Being cleaned up and out of 'uniform' had already done much to steady her nerves.

She was still riding a slight 'guilt trip' from having to change in the downstairs bathroom.

Sure Mihoshi was drunk but good god!

What crazed half-baked notion would she cook up next?

Over the years this time of the night had always reminded Key of 'dorm patrol' back at the academy.

The time honored tradition of checking each and every bed on a particular sleep-cycle.

With the intention of putting the 'kabosh' on unauthorized he-ing and she-ing among the cadets.

Kiyone herself could right some ... interesting chapters regarding some of the 'goings on' she had personally walked in on.

With the intra-species mix back at the academy some of the carnal gymnastics she alone had the dubious pleasure of witnessing...

But then boys, girls and well, whatever will be boys, girls and whatever.

Starting at the front of the house working her way back, Key's quietly checking every room had always helped somehow to blow off tension.

And with some of the insanity around here over the years...

If for nothing else it just made her feel useful, imparting a sense of control she seemed to need.

Passing the living room, she caught sight of Hero and Ryo-chan snuggled up on the wrap around sofa.

A brief moment of concern descended then lifted as quickly when she spied Mayuka sleeping happily in the mix.

They presented such a cozy picture Kiyone almost longed to join them but settled instead for a lingering gaze and a quiet sigh before turning.

No surprises awaited on the first floor aside from a brief encounter with a single Tanzuru.

Obviously fascinated by the earthly and to him exotic plants, as she was 'checking' the green house.

She made it a deliberate point while upstairs to avoid Mihoshi other than the briefest of peeks, confirming she was indeed asleep.

Lingering longer than was needed at each and every room.

The longest interval of all reserved when at last key stood at the door to Tenchi's room.

Regrets and an overwhelming tenderness playing freely across her mind.

A smile stole bittersweet across her mouth, knowing that these moments were indeed the last of an older way which had grown comfortable with the passage of years.

Yet, with the rising of the sun would but for lingering sentiment be officially over.

What changes would the dawn bring? She certainly could not say.

With a sigh Kiyone opened his door.

Taking then another long moment to stand and just look at the empty bed within.

She amused herself with thoughts of how 'that location' had been one of the most hotly disputed sights over the last few years.

Or more precisely the identity of whom would share it with him.

It was silly in a way really, like a bad soap opera but they all had lived it.

Key finally turned, intent upon finishing her rounds before turning in.

If for no other reason she felt a need of completion, perhaps a final 'farewell' to a way of life about to change, forever.

Her check of the third level then was of course obligatory.

There was nothing up here save for the attic space Ryoko used as her room, plus some additional storage.

Key slid the door open, checked then pushed it closed releasing a sigh.

Knowing this the last detail and any further divergence only procrastination.

Kiyone turned and started back down.

Halting at the landing above the living room on the second floor as her ears suddenly caught a pair of voices all too familiar.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.