Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things) - Cover

Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things)

Copyright© 2009 by Dreaming Bear

Chapter 116: Key to a 'T'

"There." Malet said stepping back with professional flourish.

"Not too tight across the shoulders?" He asked carefully.

Kiyone surveyed herself critically in the three full-length mirrors provided. Still trying to 'get over' the current brand of strangeness.

Events of the last few days hadn't given any of them time to think really, let alone adjust.

One moment she was angrily discussing world domination with the queen and now the 'fresh' oddity of being fitted for a dress uniform!

'Hand tailoring' while not unknown in the circles Key traveled, were more the province of the dirt poor, the mega-eccentric or the uber-rich.

She, like Mihoshi occupied none of those categories.

As detectives first and third class respectively however both police women had grown accustom to the usually stringent, off times almost insane budget restrictions imposed by G-P command.

Particularly in the case of the directives suggested, and in her opinion 'bull-headedly' enforced by the quartermasters division!

I mean good god! How the hell did they expect you to get by with ONE full uniform allotment any given solar year?

And forget about any request concerning replacement of 'dress blues' getting further than the 'round file' back at QMD. Especially this far out!

One would think if GP command wanted to avoid the money grubbing bureaucratic image they'd acquired, they might just 'loosen the purse strings a little! Especially among the commission field operatives!

You know? The ones who actually TALK to the people they're SUPPOSED to be protecting and serving?

Even given the best of circumstances, Key could never have afforded a uniform like the one she was currently being fitted for!

Some of the most advance biometric tailoring software ever developed was employed by QMD. Assuring each and every uniform issued met the exact requirements of the individual.

In short ether too large or too small.

Definitely not the case with what the old Jurian tailor was fitting to her now.

They had stayed with the predominate colors of GP dress issue, but that is where any similarity ended. Even 'pinned' together as it currently was the uniform was soft, comfortable and flowed about her form.

Not loose or even remotely baggy though.

In fact she would have to be careful about selection of undergarments due to how form fitting it was in certain key areas!

"Amazing." She breathed, moving her right arm and shoulder through a full range of motion.

Astonished at how well the jacket moved with her.

"Then I have accomplished my task?" Mallet inquired, beaming delightedly.

Key's only response was to nod, hoping it wouldn't be deemed overly rude.

Lightly slapping the back of his right hand against palm however if indeed any offense had been taken, the old tailor gave no indication. Signaling his awaiting assistants to converge.

Beginning the task of removing Kiyone's fitted attire while he removed himself without further comment.

"MAYUKA!" Mihoshi's voice suddenly came.

Instantly focusing Kiyone's attention on the flap marking her chamber's border with the next inside the massive tent.

"Little lady!" Miho continued still unseen. "You get yourself right back here!"

"No-WANNA!" The voice of the youngest Misaki returned flippantly.

Setting the stage for her sudden appearance as she bolted through the flap.

"My Goodness!" Kiyone observed pleasantly. Sincerely delighted at the charming image before her.

The child looked radiant. Arrayed in a flowing white dress, the first Kiyone believed she had ever seen on her.

Discounting, that is the one disastrous attempt Ayeka had committed trying to use Mayuka as a dress model.

"KEY!" Mayuka wailed instantly upon catching sight of her.

Sprinting fast as her slippered feet could carry her Kiyone's direction. Sporting all the ruffles and ribbons one would expect to see on royalty.

"Help me Key!" She continued as she rustled along.

"They try to make me peach pit princess!"

"I'll save you!" Key called elaborately. Extending her arms to the little girl. Releasing an appropriate 'oof!' as the child leaped the last few feet into her arms.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.