Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things) - Cover

Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things)

Copyright© 2009 by Dreaming Bear

Chapter 114: A Fine Mess

"Bounty hunter scum..." Someone suddenly murmured darkly across the room, bringing Nagi's wandering mind firmly back to the present.

"Yudai!" Came the immediate if somewhat louder reaction, just as she was refocusing upon the Two Tanzuru seated there.

"You boys got something to say?" Nagi challenged cavalierly between bites, smiling at the two knights.

"Don't be shy now!" she added, now actually looking.

Nagi instantly recognized both, as two of the queen's personal guard.

Not part of the attachment assigned to her to subdue Ryoko. Both however had been present during her 'dressing down' in front of the queen.

"Aye." The taller, and in Nagi's personal assessment better looking of the pair growled.

Coming immediately to his feet sporting a glare that would have melted steel. Kicking his chair away as he made way around the table and towards her.

His companion, only a few inches shorter though boasting a considerably more substantial allotment of self control, quickly followed.

"Azaka will have your head!" the trailing man was rasping instantly upon his companion's heels.

"We are ordered to extend every courtesy." Yudai growled in barely feigned pleasantry.

"I merely wish to properly acknowledge our guest!"

"Want some grub?" Nagi asked blithely. As the first halted at table side.

"Got'ta be better than that slop they serve in the officers mess!" She finished the statement, leaning back.

Taking a long pull directly from the neck of her wine bottle.

Further incensed, Yudai leaned forward, slamming both fists on the table hard enough to make most of the lighter courses jump.

"WE DO NOT EAT WITH BOUNTY HUNTER SLIME!"

"Do tell." Nagi said regarding him mildly. While Ken-oki bristled, letting off a long low hiss of warning, baring his teeth.

"And why is that?" Nagi added, sparing her partner a single glance. The look and their long time association telling him 'not yet'.

"We are warriors of the imperium!" Yudai hissed regally.

"Conscripted to serve the greater good of Jurai!" His sneer lightened into a mocking smile as he surveyed the length of her body.

"Not, 'soldiers' of fortune!" He spat. "Whoring our skills for anyone who'll match our fee!"

Nagi regarded him, coolly amused. She then took another swig from her bottle, swallowed before smiling at him pleasantly.

"Bullshit." She grinned, enjoying the color rising in response to his face.

"You come from wealthy families." Nagi added evenly.

"All with heavily vested interests in the Jurian imperium." Her eyes narrowed further.

"You yourself, wear a Paradisen crest!"

"What of it?" Yudai Demanded hotly.

"That's mostly botanicals, pharmaceuticals right?" Nagi mused.

"You know? I've lost track of all the perps I've tracked." She went on mildly. "Who've been whacked out of their gourds on Paradisen smack."

Yudai stood regarding her for several seconds, the corner of his mouth angrily twitching.

Then suddenly with a roar born of shear rage, drew and swung a concealed pair of tarics with such speed and force, the table in front of where Nagi had been leaning back splintered as she pushed away.

Rolling nimbly to her feet amid a shower of shards and food almost as the Jurian short staffs impacted. Even as Ken-oki was up! and over the table in the following instant, bringing claws to bear!

Yudai, to his credit reacted as quickly, dodging what was to one of his training a clumsy attack while Ken-oki also nimbly countered. Resetting, by turning a full somersault to land, 'naturally' on his feet.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.