Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things) - Cover

Tenchi Muyo (All Good Things)

Copyright© 2009 by Dreaming Bear

Chapter 110: Day 7-'Cards, on the table'

Gearan shouldered the second tray with the same sense of pride he had the first.

Moving across the central mess area with the practiced ease one tends to acquire after a century of service. Of course while the galley facilities aboard the imperial launch were 'limited' compared to those in his kitchens in the palace on Jurihelm. The hastily granted refits he'd demanded, more than allowed him to compensate. Fortunate enough indeed, given the lavishness of the orders received unexpectedly this morning!

Though in all honesty, with most his staff 'still pending' abroad the imperial dreadnought, this was welcome practice for the feast they would soon prepare for tomorrows wedding!

It had been too long since he himself had personally worked his culinary magic so directly!

But he would be damned if the task of cooking and serving the queen and the emperor's wife would fall to a lowly, if even hand picked assistant!

"Ah!" He smiled setting the tray upon the receiver besides the first.

"Let us see if we have accomplished our task!" He added indicating the first of many delicacy so recently prepared.

"Lashandra curd, broiled in Boralin tea! Spiced with fine Telldainian pepper.

Next, we have Scalloped Zon, served augroton with dried crushed Vanue.

Poached Clairaon, on the half shell, with brown earth-spice.

Served with Bazen-spel marinated in black wine.

Torgon crewl, deep-fried in Laves butter, served with Mezen's eye sauce.

Karzan Naz, glazed with pellit, rolled in jot spice."

He paused, presenting a dark glassed bottle with a flourish while his assistant finished placing the remaining dishes in appropriate order before their expectant guest.

"And, as requested our finest bottle of Rasin-drol, third dynasty!"

Nagi stroked the label of the offered wine with a sense of pleasure at the layer of dust still evident at its edge. Noting also the gold foil inlays looked absolutely authentic.

'Hey', if they were going to keep her here 'under house' arrest as it were, she had no difficulties what so ever using the offered ... or even the implied perks!

She also couldn't help noticing as the imperial chef and his two assistants were laying out the last of what was a twenty-course meal before her, the presence of two Tanzuru eying her disgustedly from across the mess.

Nagi therefore concluded that if one could enjoy ones self while wreaking even some measure of petty revenge, annoying the living hell out of someone in the process had to be the best kind of bonus!

"Don-gain..." Nagi Nodded to the chef. Thank you- in the trade-speak tongue.

"Mo-fa-sha-shin!" Gearen appropriately responded. May you enjoy!

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.