Enter Sandman - Cover

Enter Sandman

Copyright© 2008 by davidpaul

Chapter 8

I came home to an empty house. I was worried as it was quiet ... a little too quiet. I sensed straight away that our dog wasn't around. I did a quick sweep of the house and everything seemed normal until I went upstairs.

As I entered the master bedroom I saw open cupboards and clothes missing. A quick check of the bathroom confirmed all Kelly's things were gone from there as well. Damn ... I missed my dog! I could replace a wife.

I went downstairs again and did a more thorough search room by room. The envelope was in the kitchen. I grabbed a beer and figured I better read the note from Kelly. I figured she must have known the jig was up. But I was the one in for a surprise when I read the note.

Darling

Sorry for not being home. I had to attend an urgent business meeting and will be back on Friday. Buddy is with your parents as they dropped by yesterday to see us. I'll try and call you soon.

Love

Kelly

What the hell did these people take me for, I mean an untrained monkey could have figured out she was with Sandman. To confirm what I all ready knew I called the police station and asked for Detective Sands. I was told Detective Sands was on vacation for 2 weeks. Well that answered that but was I assuming too much? When I was in the Army I remember being told never to assume as it makes an ass out of you and me.

With that thought I placed a call to the Peterson residence and asked to speak with Peterson Sr ... To my surprise he actually came to the phone.

"What do you want trailer trash, you got the report didn't you!"

"Yeah thanks Peterson even though it was a week late"

He then proceeded to ask me why I was wasting his time. I told him I was trying to track down my wife Kelly Easton. He laughed and asked me how my marriage was going? After that he told me she was at an important business meeting with Brett White the temporary CEO representing Peterson Corporation interests. I thanked him for the information. The old bastard couldn't get off the phone without a parting shot.

"No doubt White is giving her the bedroom tour right about now"

So I thought to myself for once Kelly has told me the truth. The scarier thought was where had Sandman disappeared to? I would get my answer the very next morning.

I woke up knowing I had to get things moving with a lawyer. I was sick of this charade, I was going to divorce Kelly and get on with my life. Let Sandman have the Bates clan, I didn't want any more part of this sick game. I was really a fool that should have walked away earlier and been done with the lot of them. Now there was no time like the present!

With everything going on I had yet to really analyze and finalize my feelings about Kelly.

Her actions had destroyed any future we had together. I really had loved her but it was obvious her heart was only with Sandman. Deep down I knew I wanted revenge and for her to hurt for using me.

I wanted to hurt Sandman as well as our friendship had meant everything to me at one time. But I would rather get out with my sanity than continue this dangerous cat and mouse game.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by my mobile ringing. It was Kelly I let it go to voicemail I didn't have the resolve to hide my contempt for her at the moment. I had a shower, grabbed a coffee and left for work.

I got into work at 8am and went about my daily duties. At 9am I made a call to a lawyer and set up an appointment that afternoon. I then cleared out the bank accounts ... I wanted all my assets liquid and on me. I settled for a bank cheque and walking around cash. At 10am my life changed again.

A courier was standing outside my office and my secretary was signing for a package. I took the package and thought I'd worry about it later but the writing looked vaguely familiar. My curiosity was peaked so I opened the package, what was inside made my blood run cold.

The package contained a videotape and 2 pieces of folded paper. The first piece of paper said "I Know". The writing was brown, crusty and looked like it was written in blood. The second piece of paper was from the front page of the Honolulu Star-Bulletin. In large bold face it said:

"Peterson Corporation CEO Found Dead"

It went on to say Doug Peterson CEO of Peterson Corporation was found dead on the beach. Police were treating the case as suspicious and likely foul play. Looking at the enclosed photo it was more than suspicious; Doug Peterson looked like he had been put through a grinder. I didn't bother looking at the videotape because I knew what was on it ... Doug Peterson's 'confession'.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.