Things That Go Bump in the Night

by SilverFoxFiles

Copyright© 2008 by SilverFoxFiles

Fan Fiction Story: On Halloween, with Abby's and Tony's lives on the line, Gibbs' true nature comes out. NCIS fanfiction.

Tags: Ma/Ma   Paranormal   Vampires   Halloween  

Gibbs licked his tongue along his teeth and tried not to sigh. He and Tony had been staking out this party for an hour now. Tony was worried about Abby and had insisted that he travel with Gibbs. After all, Tony had said, on Halloween, nobody can hear you scream.

But Gibbs had nothing to worry about. Absolutely nothing at all. He sighed, shifting in his seat, reaching for his coffee with one hand and a slice of pizza with the other. "She could be in there all night, DiNozzo. You got a contingency plan?"

"Wouldn't call it a contingency exactly." Tony had no problem storming the party, not if Abby didn't come out at some point. Abby just hadn't been acting like herself for the last week. This was her favorite time of the year, but she'd just been down. "I know Abbs doesn't do anything, but raves like this are full of drugs and predators who wouldn't think twice about doing something horrible to our girl. Maybe I'm over reacting, but I'm really worried about her."

"Abbs'll be high on Red Bull, that's all. Try not to worry so much, DiNozzo. Red blooded guy like you doesn't want to be in there with ... who'd Abbs go as this year anyway?" Gibbs smirked.

"Not that anything could top Marilyn Monroe. That was a hell of a costume, remember?" Gibbs ran his tongue over the inside of his mouth again, remembering. He took a huge bite of his slice of pizza and squeezed Tony's leg, high up on the thigh.

As he swallowed, he spoke again. "Remember how sexy she looked, Tony? Every man's wet dream."

"Yeah, that costume." Tony had been very aware of how sexy Gibbs thought blonde Abby was. Gibbs had taken out his sexual frustration on him, not that he was complaining. The sex was hot and hard, and it hadn't mattered a bit that he'd needed to take a day off to recover.

"She was debating between Dorothy from Wizard of Oz or some Goth fairy queen. I voted for Dorothy, so pure and girl next door. I wouldn't mind getting under her pinafore, just to try my luck. But I've got a feeling she was going to go with the costume that had the wings. All black and purple and full of our Goth girl."

Gibbs sucked back another sip of coffee before he answered. "Don't forget our rules. Both play or no one does." They hadn't actually seriously considered playing with anyone in their almost three years together but Abby was a special situation all her own and they had a tacit agreement that if they got the chance and she was receptive, they would.

"I was kinda hoping for another sexpot. Jayne Mansfield or Mae West. Or even as Emma Peel from the Avengers. You ever watch that show, Tony?" Gibbs might not have been up on modern pop culture, but he'd once watched a lot of television and movies. Especially after Shannon and Kelly had died and he'd stopped sleeping full nights.

He rested his head against the headrest. "You can get some shuteye, Tony. I'm not going anywhere."

Tony didn't want to sleep. He wanted to make sure Abbs was okay then head home for sex. If they weren't out in the open, he'd consider seducing Jet. But if they got caught, it was both of their careers, and that wasn't something he'd risk for a little suck off. Tempting, but he wouldn't do that to either of them.

"I'm fine, Boss. Don't want to miss Abbs coming out, I'm worried about her. She isn't going to like that we're out here waiting on her."

"Not sure if I want to play with Abbs. She's not a girl you play with. She's very much a girl you take home to your parents, if you had parents that cared. She liked your dad. You could take her back to Stillwater, and he'd love her to death. Maybe you should do that. I would understand."

"Tony!" Gibbs angled a look at his lover. "We both play or neither do, remember?" Where was this insecurity coming from? It was so unlike Tony in their relationship. He stroked Tony's leg, fingers brushing over the other man's fly. "I'm yours in case you've forgotten."

"Haven't forgotten, Jeth. Just thought now that your dad is back in your life..." Tony knew he was being stupid, but he couldn't help wonder what was going to happen now that Jackson Gibbs was back in his son's life. "Just ignore me, I know that I don't have to worry about that."

"No, you sure as hell don't. Jack doesn't get a say in how I live my life. I'll tell him eventually, maybe Christmas. As long as he doesn't tell the team. Abbs and McGee call him a couple times a week, did you know that?"

"Not surprised. Abby, she was automatically in love with your dad. I wouldn't be surprised if she went out to see him on a Saturday off since then." He'd really liked Jack, and hoped that he would come to DC for Christmas. Even if they didn't come out to him, it would be nice to have a family Christmas all the same. "Your dad is great. I would like to get to know him better."

"He gave ya his favorite sweater. He thinks you're great too, Tony. You could call him, ya know. I wouldn't mind. And Jack'd love it. He sees a lot of me in you, without the attitude I think." Gibbs squeezed Tony's leg. "You wanna get to know him, I approve."

"You sure? What if..." Tony wasn't sure he could handle another parental type person turning his back on him. "Maybe I will call him. I had some questions about you that I bet he'd be willing to answer for me. You tend to be tight lipped."

"He won't push you away. He didn't push me away and I didn't talk to him for seventeen years, Tony. He wouldn't do that, I promise you that." Gibbs gave Tony an indulgent look. "He doesn't know my biggest secret and my biggest gift. You." And what I am, he added silently.

"Yeah, but you're his kid. I'm just a guy who works for you for all he knows." But he liked the idea of having someone like Jack in his life again. A real dad, not the jerk that had donated the sperm that created him. Jack, even after seventeen years, still loved his son. He'd be willing to bet that his father hadn't even though of him since the last time he called.

"He might not like the fact that you're seeing me. He's old and lives in a small town. That doesn't usually make someone very open minded." There it was out in the open, he couldn't take it back. But that was what was on Tony's mind.

"Tony ... Tony. Settle down. Jack may come from a small town, he might live in a small town, but he's pretty liberal. He'll either accept us or he won't, my money is on him accepting us. But I'm not gonna lie to him about me—us. When the time is right, we'll tell him together. You don't have to worry. I'm not hiding you from him, Tony. I'm not ashamed."

"Just don't want to see you blow a good thing, Boss. Not all of us get our parents back out of the blue. I want you to be able to have that, because you don't know how long you're going to have with him." Tony would step back if it meant that Jet could have a relationship with his dad. "I want you to do what you think is best. I understand if you don't tell him."

"I just told ya I'm telling him, DiNozzo. You need to sit back and let me worry about this, okay? Jack had a black business partner in a time when that wasn't done and sure as hell never in rural Pennsylvania. Jack is gonna accept us just fine. Like I accepted L.J. as his best friend and business partner when I was a boy. Like she—my mother—accepted L.J. as well. The foundation is there, DiNozzo."

"He does seem ahead of his time." But best friends were different from children. But maybe Jeth was right, and it would be fine. His family, it would be a huge issue, but he didn't worry about them any longer. "I'm telling you I'd understand if you didn't tell him. But I'm glad you are. I could use a couple more sweaters. Partner moves me up the rank from team member and that means Christmas gifts."

"He is. Always was. So you need to not worry, Tony. Jack stuck with me even when I didn't want to stick with him. He's different from your family - you know that. Your family isn't Jack, Tony. Don't worry. And yeah, he'll spoil you. Guess you'll get the father you should have had all these years without going kinky on me."

At first Gibbs had thought Tony's interest in him was some misguided father figure thing. It was only after he'd gotten his lover in bed that he'd realized Tony had wanted him a damn long time.

"How many times do I have to tell you, of all my kinks, the daddy kind isn't one of them." He'd found several new mini kinks since being with Gibbs, including the fact that sawdust at three in the morning was as sexy a smell as they came. But he'd never wanted to call Gibbs daddy when he was being topped. "A little spanking yes, but I don't want to hear what a bad boy I've been. I'm pretty sure that would just weird me out."

Gibbs chuckled and nudged Tony's shoulder. "Too bad, a little Daddy from you in bed might be fun." He knew Tony understood that he was just teasing, but it was fun to wind DiNozzo up.

"And Jack already loves you. You're the son he wishes he had." He was convinced that Jack would completely accept Tony. His lover would charm Jack and Jack would do the same.

"There will be no Daddy out of me ever. That's just nasty. I think of you as a lot of things, Jeth, but not as my daddy." Tony just wasn't prepared for that kind of relationship, not in any way, shape or form. "I like you just as you are. my partner, not my daddy."

He smirked. "You know how much I love it when you squirm. Makes driving you crazy so much more rewarding. No 'Daddy' in or out of bed. I've been one of those and I couldn't do that..." Not in bed.

"Jeth, I know you thought I was trying to work out my father issues with you, but that never crossed my mind. There won't be any daddy or bad boys or spankings. Well, maybe spankings, but if you expect me to talk baby talk, that's out too. Neither of us need that in our life, and I don't want to bring up bad memories for you."

"I wondered a few times," he admitted. "If you needed a father figure more than a lover. Glad I know better now, Tony. Real glad. Always wanted an equal both in and out of the sack."

"Don't know if I'm that, but I'm working on it. One of these days, I might be the equal I wanted. If I want a dad, I have Ducky to fall back on. Never had dirty thoughts about him the way I did about you."

Gibbs laughed and shook his head "Guess what? Me either. Never had a sexy thought about Ducky. In fact that's kinda disturbing." He regarded Tony with a gentle smile. "You're the equal to me, DiNozzo."

"Oh come on, Boss, the accent alone drives women wild." Tony teased, loving that Gibbs thought he was an equal. He'd accept being a junior partner, because he didn't feel equal. But one thing he learned. Jethro Gibbs had never lied directly to him. Maybe distorted the truth a little, but never lied. "I don't get it, but ask Abby or Ziva, they seem to have some sort of thing about older men with accents."

"Yeah, I noticed." Gibbs rolled his eyes. "Never mind. There are some things we're just not meant to know. Anyway ... what is your concern with Abbs, DiNozzo?"

"You know how she is boss. Always so excited this time of year. This year though, she's not herself. My gut is telling me something is wrong, even if it isn't."

Gibbs sighed, regretting that he'd asked again. They'd had this conversation a couple of times already tonight. "Why worried about Abbs, DiNozzo? She goes to parties like this all the time. Don't tell me you're scared of thing that go bump in the night."

"She just hasn't been right. I guess I can't explain it, but Abby isn't her normal Abby self." Tony said, defending his reasoning for being here. But if Gibbs wasn't worried, why would he be here? "You wouldn't have come out if you weren't worried, Boss. So if you think I'm wrong, why you out here? This can't be your idea of a good time."

"You think I want to be home answering the door every two seconds for kids and teenagers in costumes?" Gibbs snorted, shaking his head. What Tony couldn't know was that he had to be here, he had to be near someone who would help him restrain himself. Nobody knew ... and if Gibbs went attacking people on this night of all nights, the situation would go from bad to worse. This way he'd ease Tony's mind, take him home, and who'd be the wiser if a sharpened tooth pierced Tony's skin in the heat of passion

"So I'm your excuse to be cheap and not buy candy?" Tony didn't care why his partner was here. They should probably be curled up on the couch at his apartment, watching something creepy and not out here waiting to make sure an adult got home safely. "You could have hid out at my place, so you didn't have to buy candy. Or just hide your car and left the lights out. It is an acceptable way out of Halloween fun."

"You don't think the kids in my neighborhood know me now. Despite trying for the creepy evil neighbor, for some reason they think of me as a hero." He winked at Tony. "And you have no idea how many of em ask how I'll get the boat out."

"Kinda like being here with you, DiNozzo. Don't ruin that for me by flapping your gums too much."

Tony settled back down, pleased to know that Jet wanted to be there and just hadn't been guilted into it. "Yeah, I can see where the kids would think you're pretty cool. You've got a cool job; you shoot terrorists for a living. And you've been there forever, so you're a neighborhood icon. Bet most years you even handed out candy. I know you're not the hard ass you want us to think you are."

"Used to. Liked to see all the ghouls and goblins. Then the teens came by and I wasn't as nice as I was with the little ones. They'd grab handfuls of candy and I wasn't quite so nice. You ever hand out candy and look at the little ones and their costumes?"

"My building is mostly old people, and transient students. We don't get too many kids at my door. If I was dating someone at the time who lived in a family neighborhood, I'd go over to her house and hand out candy. It's been a while though." He'd been with Jet for so long he'd really have to think about when that was.

"Maybe next year, we can hand out candy. You can charm all the little ones, and I'll scare off the teens. We could dress up, have a little NCIS get together, and make a night of it." Tony gave Gibbs a grin.

"Maybe next year you'll be a permanent fixture at Casa Gibbs," Gibbs quietly challenged back. He wanted Tony to move in but Tony'd seemed resistant and Gibbs had stopped pushing hard even though he made a dig every so often. But this wasn't even a dig.

"Come over next year. Stay with me. We make a good team."

"Always have, Boss." Tony wanted to move in, but what were they going to tell the team? They'd managed to keep it from them for this long, but if they moved in. There was no way they could manage to hide anymore. "I'll consider it. I know you want me there, but you still need to think about your career."

"More worried about yours, Tony," Gibbs admitted softly. "My career could take the hit. There'd be a lot of smirks and a lot of 'he's actually human' and 'at least not another redhead', but I don't think anyone would care beyond that. And they'd only be shocked that you'd been settling down and they didn't know. We're both so alpha that nobody is going to care that we're involved. It's not going to change much."

"My career will be fine. I don't have to stay with NCIS if it gets to be too much. I've talked to a couple of local forces, they'd love to have someone with my experience on the team. If I decided to stay in DC, I wouldn't even have to go into the field. They have a position that is a federal liaison. No one has stuck in there, but I could probably make a go of it."

Tony would hate to leave NCIS, but, if he had to, he would. There were several smaller forces in the area that would pay good money for him to leave the feds behind. "Why would anyone be shocked? Men and women alike check you out when you come into a room. I may have been a player in my day but I'm not stupid. I always want the best, and you're it."

"We'll see, DiNozzo." Gibbs wasn't going to let Tony leave NCIS. He was too damn good and too damn valuable. He smirked. The best? Hardly. He was good but he was generally known as the bastard he could be.

"So I settled for you?" Gibbs asked Tony teasingly.

"Well, obviously. I thought you always knew that." He'd worked harder for Gibbs then any previous supervisor, because he hated to let the man down. He had gotten so jealous about Gibbs previous relationships with his former agents that it had driven him crazy until he had the chance to work with Burley. That had really shown him how different the boss was with him. "But I lucked out that you seem to think I'm such a steal."

"And I thought I was the prize. What am I? Chopped liver? And yeah, you're a steal. Younger and good looking. I'm a lucky lucky man to have you with me. Just wish I could tell the world." Or at least Ducky and Abbs.

"If I move in with you, you're going to be telling the world. Maybe we can start small. Your dad, Abbs, Ziva, Elf Lord and Ducky. If they take it well, we can branch out a little at a time. But who else besides the team and your family really needs to know?"

"Nobody that matters," Gibbs said softly. "Maybe Fornell. He's been a good friend to me, Tony."

"I'll let you tell Fornell over bad liquor some night. I don't think I need to be there for that discussion." Even though they had worked together several times, there was no love lost between the FBI Special Agent and Tony. He'd rather not deal with the man at all. "I'll leave that to your discretion."

 
There is more of this story...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.