Noble - Cover

Noble

Copyright© 2008 by acolodude

Chapter 15

There was that jumbled up static sound on the radio again. I think I might be in trouble. It took a few minutes for them to see me on the bike. Finally, someone got them all to stop talking or had them turn off their radios. Kevin asked where we were headed, then pointed out a sign saying hunting lodge 30 miles. Jen looked up the location and found the Lodge was very comfortable with 12,000 square feet of space, complete with 11 bedrooms, recreation room, meeting room, bar and Restaurant. The view off the decks would give coverage of the wide-open spaces and provide secure over watch positions. The bedrooms in the lodge looked very roomy, each with their own bathroom, deck access and individual design. This would work for us. In a short time, we were pulling up to the lodge.

Our SUV could blend in just about anywhere, but the ambulance stuck out like a flashing light in a dark room. Once we got Kathy set in a bedroom and the rest of the medical supplies unloaded. Kevin and Dove drove the ambulance and the SUV to a wrecking yard and turned the ambulance into a clump of smashed metal. When they returned, we had established a secure perimeter and were just finishing final checks on cameras and sensors that were setup around the lodge, this place has been used for different types of business meetings and famous/important people to get away. Someone had the video put in and it was top of the line.

We all got our first night of peaceful rest in a long time. We were lucky that the lodge was vacant and after a heated negotiation (IRS audits thank you Mr. Black) we were able to come to an agreement on the sale of the lodge at a more than fair cost (thank you Mr. Takidi).

Mr. Black and Mr. Takidi both confirmed that we were ghosts again. Nobody saw us leave hence nobody knew where we were. Mr. Black confirmed that those looking for us were also laying low due to the recent actions.

We all enjoyed the freedom we had. We were able to relax after finding the reliable security system. There were motion sensors; cameras; local security service doing the patrolling; and our newest members Karl and Kate two Rot/Sheppard mixed fully trained attack/guard dogs that had free run of the entire area. Add to the fact that doggie doors on three sides of the house allows them to get out or come in just about anywhere as fast as possible. The fact that it used an electronic door that would not open without the tag which attached to their collars helped prevent unwanted visitors from coming in the doggie doors. I was shocked at how fast the dogs took to the girls. Kate would plop down on the floor next to Kathy wherever she was resting. Karl would make rounds of the entire house then check outside. I found he would find different places to lie down and watch the house.

Karl and I began to have a game between us. We would try and sneak up on the other whenever we were outside. Honestly Karl could sneak up on me four times for every time I was able to sneak up on him. The first time I successfully surprised him almost got me hurt. He was not too happy about me sneaking up on him. His ability to stop mid-attack once he recognized me brought my respect for him way up.

It was shocking to find we had been relaxing for just short of three weeks. Kathy was up and moving around and started doing stretching on her own and Katas with the rest of us. Kevin had found a shooting range a short distance away and we would go in small groups of 3-5 allowing someone to watch while the others shot. The owner finally asked if we would run the place and give instructions or pointers to some of the local hunters. We agreed and setup a security system to increase our ability to protect ourselves while there.

Mr. Takidi called saying he was flying in on a helicopter and did not want us shooting him down. He came to tell us that the FBI and Homeland Security had just about cleaned out all of those responsible for our attack and CIA along with Scotland Yard and Interpol had arrested or killed those responsible for the attack on the Ambassador and his family. He added that Mr. Black said that we were safe to come out of hiding but to keep our guard up.

Everyone was glad to hear the news and since everyone was healthy again it was time to rejoin the world.

I did ask if anything more was known about those still alive that were responsible for my family’s death. Mr. Takidi just said that nothing had changed and if anything was heard he would tell me personally. I thanked him and watched as he flew away in the helicopter. “A promise is a promise!” I thought to myself.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.