Noble - Cover

Noble

Copyright© 2008 by acolodude

Chapter 14

The comfortable small protective vests we were wearing obviously were not providing enough protection.

This pissed me off!

The Dragonskin armor was too bulky to wear with normal clothes. So, we were wearing standard body armor vests which look like tank tops. I don’t know why we had not added the special plates MR Black sent in addition to the Dragonskin. Well hindsight is said to be 20/20 or perfect. I just hope the girls are not hurt too bad.

I was on the carport for the ambulances watching for anyone or anything coming to the Emergency Department that might be looking for us. Kevin was on the inside at the far entrance watching for the same things I was. The other girls were watching those that were hurt and being treated. Since war had been declared everyone was now wearing the Dragonskin and full tactical gear which was drawing all sort of looks from those in the ER.

Jen stated for the umpteenth time that we were not going to hurt anyone; we were just protecting our injured friends and ourselves. We would also make sure that if anything did happen, we would protect everyone here as we would protect ourselves.

Tammy had to have her appendix scar increased due to the bullet, but the good news was there was not much collateral damage. There was more concern for infection from the bullet wound rather than the bullet. She was conscious and asking about Bee and Kathy.

Bee was hit by the first bullet at enough of an angle that it didn’t penetrate her body armor just pushed her hard enough to turn her around. The second bullet did penetrate her body armor, but her shoulder blade stopped it or rather the boney spine of her shoulder blade. The bullet was just under the skin and easily removed. She suffered a minor fracture; a stable break in the boney spine of her shoulder blade but nothing life threatening. She would be sore and be in a shoulder sling for a while, but she would live.

Kathy was critical. The first bullet had to have been a ricochet as it managed to penetrate her body armor and cut into her left breast stopping at her rib where it cracked the rib but did not break it. It was bleeding a lot worse than it really was. The second bullet went right through the body armor and her abdomen stopping in the back part of her body armor. Like Tammy the wound was not the major concern infection was. The third bullet was low in her abdomen just below the body armor and made a bigger exit going out. It passed straight through and only caused a small wound going in; nicked her small intestine and blew close to a 3” hole coming out without hitting any of the vital organs in the area. She was the only one who had to go to surgery and would be stuck in recovery for a while after she was fixed up in the OR.

The surgeon said Kathy was lucky considering the path of the bullet passed within a few inches of her ovary, uterus, spleen, pancreas, kidney and bladder and none of them were damaged. He said that he used the large exit wound as his access point and only enlarged it slightly to allow him to check all the vital organs repair the damaged small intestine and thoroughly wash out the entire area before closing her up. There would be a small 2” scar next to her belly button and a good size Y-like scar on her lower left back just above her pelvic bone.

I saw a car drive up and stop the driver staying in the car as three guys got out. What kept my attention was the fact that the guy on the back passenger side turned and walked to the back of the car. The guy on the driver’s backseat was walking toward the ER entrance along with the guy from the passenger front seat. As I reported it on the radio Amanda and Yoshi were reporting the two guys approaching the door. When they both pulled a handgun as they walked through the door Yoshi called to them to put the handguns down and show their hands. One managed to get a shot off as they both raised and aimed at Yoshi which is when she and Amanda shot them in the head. I shot the guy standing at the back of the car then shot the windshield four times killing the driver.

Jen asked if anyone was hurt by the wild shot. Nobody was hit as the bullet struck the far wall. I was afraid that whoever was after us might check the local medical facilities trying to find us.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.