A Chef's Journey - Cover

A Chef's Journey

Copyright© 2008 by Allan Joyal

Chapter 6: Jason - A Bad Meeting

Once the ski season picked up I was back to serving a hot breakfast, and even preparing hot lunches for happy skiers. Robert had found some additional help and Patricia was back working the front desk while I trained some new assistants. Patricia still came to my room several nights a week and I had discovered that my nightmares involving Rebecca and Monique were almost gone. I was beginning to consider returning to Phoenix when Linda walked in to the resort to register.

I was standing next to the front desk and chatting with Patricia, as it was a Monday and my day off. I had purchased a used mini-SUV just the week before and planned to drive to the nearest mall for some new clothing. Patricia was suggesting some items I might consider, and at the same time she was teasing me by writing up a list of adult toys she thought might add spice to her nights with me when a waft of expensive perfume hit both of us.

I did not recognize the woman who approached the counter, but she seemed to be studying my face. She had long hair, which clearly had been bleached to keep the blond color. Her face lacked any wrinkles, and her breasts were two perfect oversized melons sitting on her chest. Patricia muttered "trophy bunny", under her breath as the woman checked her bags to make sure they were inside and then walked up to the counter.

"Linda Tuttle, my husband and I have a reservation for your best suite," the blond said. "And can you get the porter to help my husband with the skis?"

Linda was looking directly at me, although I was wearing jeans and a heavy jacket, rather than the stylized uniform jacket of the resort staff. I looked at Patricia who shrugged so I said. "I better be going then Pat. The mall is a bit of a drive and I don't feel like returning in the dark."

Patricia smothered a laugh and then turned to help Linda as I headed to the parking lot and my trip to the mall.

I returned about four hours later to find Linda standing out in the cold watching for me. I had barely finished parking when she walked up to my car and looked at me again. "I'm sure I know you from somewhere," she told me as I stepped from the car.

I pulled my bags from the car. "I doubt it. I haven't had the misfortune of knowing too many trophy wives," I said.

The blond looked at me, scornfully. "Is that what I look like to you?" she asked.

I looked at her for a moment. In addition to the obvious cosmetic and surgical adjustments, there was not a single item of clothing the lady was wearing that cost less than a weeks pay for me. I closed my SUV door and turned to her. "Couldn't say you look like anything else," was my reply.

The lady seemed to look at me more closely and suddenly shouted. "Jason?!" I nearly dropped the bags as she attempted to hug me. "Wow! Who would have thought I'd see you here. Its Linda, how's Rebecca? How's your dad? Are they well?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.