A New Hope - Cover

A New Hope

Copyright© 2008 by Stormy-san

Chapter 3

Destroyer "Highness Gift" - unknown sector:

The instant the admiral had closed the channel, the Lieutenant Irtea leaves the main bridge to go to the secondary bridge. The AI has informed him that there is no damage.

As soon as he enters the secondary bridge one of the junior officer's gives a status report. The Gift has lost one of the three hydrogen reactors. The rear weapons and the main bridge are beyond repair. Otherwise the Gift is in pretty good conditions, even if it is considered that the Gift has taken a pounding from three fast cruisers to cover the running of the Heavy Duty. He can tell the admiral at the conference that the Gift is fit to warp.

Transport Ship "Heavy Duty" - unknown sector:

On his way to the medical deck Tadaki meets many repair teams. They are working fast to repair the damage the ship has taken. Seeing his efficient working crew fills him with pride.

On the medical deck he finds chaos. His medical crew are working fast and competently, but many light wounded are waiting to get medical attention. As one of the doctors passes him he asks " How bad is it?" The doctor turns, and as he recognizes the admiral he nods and says "It could be better, Admiral, but also a lot worse!" He examines the wound on Tadaki's head and adds "Most of the heavy wounded will be prepared or are in surgery. The nurses are working on the minor wounds like yours. It will be your turn in one moment." He smiles, and beckons one of the nurses and asks her to take over the treatment of Tadaki. Then he nods once more and continues his rounds.

The nurse, a young woman, smiles bashfully and asks "Sir, would you follow me please?" He lays his hand on her shoulder and replies "Lead the way!" The nurse blushes and guides him to a medical couch. She says "This crewman will take only 10 minutes more, then it is your turn, sir!"

Tadaki observes how the crewman lays on the couch and many medical instruments are working on his body. He sees how the skin regenerates and the swellings reduce visibly.

A gentle sound signalizes the end of the treatment. The crewman looks up and the nurse helps him getting up. With the instructions to eat something and then rest for one hour, he leaves the medical deck.

Now the nurse asks Tadaki to lie down on the medical couch. As soon as he lays down a green scanner beam begins to scan his body. When the scan is completed, the nurse activates the treatment. At once he loses consciousness. After the nurse has checked how long the treatment takes, she leaves to help another patient.

Twenty minutes later he wakes groggily, as the nurse bends over him to check his reactions. She is pleased that all is well, and after getting his instructions to eat and rest, he leaves the medical deck immediately.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.