The Lost Fighter - Cover

The Lost Fighter

Copyright© 2008 by SonofJohn90

Chapter 3

Traveling through Trans-space was a colorful experience. All around Aocles colors swarmed. In some parts the space was empty. It wasn't white nor black. Neither was it any color Aocles could see. It just seemed transparent to him.

For four hours Aocles sat in the cockpit and watched the colors of Tans-space go by. Hemsut kept small company preferring not to talk while she was "plotting" their path. Through those four hours he sat their and let his mind go free. In his mind numbers started scrolling by.

9548,1354,19,5,44498x6648,2219,19,5,44498. As the numbers went by he somehow knew what they meant. First was the galactic longitude and latitude. Followed by his altitude in the galactic plane. The fourth set of numbers was the galactic zone. The last number was the date. Fourth month of the 4498th year. Many more numbers went by. Finally he saw them as a whole. They were a set of coordinates by which he was traveling through. He was seeing in his mind the "plotting" of Trans-space. Finally after four hours of sitting watching the colors of Trans-space they exited it.

Right over his cockpit a laser soared by. Three more soared by going in the opposite direction. Aocles moved his eyes from the lasers to the small balls of flame in front of him. Everywhere explosions where appearing. Small dots moved around in complicated maneuvers. Looking to his left revealed gigantic ships. Angular in shape these ships would make a carrier of the U.S. navy jealous. There were at least fifty of these giants. In between these giants were smaller ships about the size of a carrier. Missiles were soon launched from them. Hundreds of them heading almost straight to him. As the missiles passed by his small craft Aocles followed them to see the opposing fleet.

He thought the others were big. These were titanic. Although there were only five of them they still made the opposing fleet look like a rubber duck in a bathtub. In front of these titans were frigates and missile boat ships. The missiles honed in on the frigates and exploded before they were even close. All the ships on the titans' side fired a return volley and their own wave of missiles.


"Sir, we have a new ship reading. If our information is correct sir it is an old Tol'marinea fighter," the comms worker said.

"Well this is certainly interesting. Either we have a stray ship or the Tol'marinea are going to try and make a comeback. Either way we need to get rid of it. I want all Rapiers to target that ship make sure it is destroyed," the captain said. He turned away from the bridge to a small computer to inform his superiors of this development.

As one the five giant Rapiers fired lasers and a single volley of missiles at the lone Tol'marinea fighter.


There was mass confusion aboard the Elbis as the Tol'marinea fighter emerged from Trans-space. They didn't know what the fighter even was as the Th'Arirax came into the space age long after the Tol'marinea disappeared. When the admiral saw all five of the Rapiers fire at the lone fighter they knew a potential ally was about to be destroyed. It also showed her that the Gr'Ivicus might actually fear someone. It was too bad that this unknown was about to be destroyed.


"Warning missile lock. Warning missile lock." Aocles shut the warning off and switched the controls to manual. He accelerated quickly and headed straight at the missiles. Playing chicken might not be safe but it can be one of the best evasive maneuvers. At the last possible section he dropped below the missile line and threw on the afterburners. The missiles collided and wiped each other out while trying to adjust their course.

"Hemsut. What kind of defense capabilities does this ship have?" As he asked the questions he shot straight up into the sir to avoid the delayed lasers from the titanic ships.

"We have shields and reflector shields. Other than that we have speed. As for offensive we have missiles and lasers." Although he didn't ask it of her it was his next question. He headed in on the frigates and the missile boats. He shot two missiles and then two lasers so the lasers arrived first to weaken the shields while the missiles slipped in and destroyed the first frigate. He was soon repeating this on all the smaller ships.

After the first five ships were destroyed Aocles had to start evading smaller fighters. Having done this simulation several times at home he tried to keep with it. He dodged what the Gr'Ivicus fighters threw at him and when possible destroyed a few. His main targets were the frigates and missile boat ships.

It took him awhile, more or less over five hours, but Aocles managed to destroy every frigate or missile boat of the Gr'Ivicus. With the pests out of the way he turned toward the first titanic ship.

He raced over one of the titanic ships heading for the next one. Every time he hopped a ship he turned his weapons hot. This seemed to scare the ships into motion. Finally after the third hop the ships wouldn't move thinking it all a bluff. He hopped the fourth titanic ship and warmed up his weapons. Repeatedly he shot his missile laser combination. In total twelve missiles hit the titanic ship. The core of it went critical and imploded. In desperation the remaining four ships fired lasers then turned and ran for their life.

After dodging the lasers and the titanic ships were out of radar range Aocles approached the other fleet.

"Aocles we are receiving a hail from the flagship. They wish to speak to you. I do not know their language but I am quickly becoming proficient in it. Would you like to answer there hail?"

"You mean to tell me you don't know this race?" After receiving an affirmative he agreed to answer the hail.

"Khaanhiofh kajivi kasfaif avaovna lavojaenf ajoahanf aovjafa oajvodfjman ja." The weird language came from a pale looking woman. Her skin was the white of not having enough sun and her hair was whiter then bleach. Even her eyes were white.

"Hemsut please translate."

"Greetings, we would like to thank you for your actions against the Gr'Ivicus. We would like to meet you. Please respond."

"Greetings. I would happily meet you but I would first like to know that you mean me no harm. I might have helped you but that was only because they attacked me. But as we humans say you're enemy's enemy is your friend. So that would make you my friend."

"We understand if you would like you can land in one of our hangers and I will meet you there." Aocles never heard the strange words and it was almost like she spoke English. The only problem was that there was a small gap where the words didn't fit into her mouth.

"Hemsut we are landing. Go ahead and tell them we agree and then take us down into the hanger."


Admiral Ackish stood at attention waiting for the fighter to land. This was a someone who could take out a whole fleet with only one fighter. From the hail it looked like he was some sort of deformed Th'Arirax. He actually had pigment on him. Even his red hair was different. Although in her opinion it made him look cute. The language he had spoken was entirely different from what they spoke. Where did this strange man come from?

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.