Earth's Pain Book I - Justin's Story - Cover

Earth's Pain Book I - Justin's Story

Copyright© 2008 by Fogster73

Chapter 3: Justin finds home

It was Friday morning when the commander informed us the house was ready for inspection. He transported us down to the house and spent a few hours with us making small changes; but it looked great and for the most part was perfect. We walked outside for a bit, it had been a while since we had fresh air. We had about 10 acres of land around the house with a small wooden fence around the 10 acres - this was our border, which we couldn't pass. I was not sure what would happen if we did but I was sure it would be bad. I didn't bother to ask, it might just cause more trouble.

The house itself was two stories with four bedrooms and five bathrooms; it also included a den, living room, workshop, a large office, and a small stadium style media room. Then of course there was the observation post that was down in the basement a few hundred feet under the house. Most of the work could be done from the house, but all of the advanced stuff was down there to keep it safe and from prying eyes. The kitchen had been stocked with food from my trailer, it also had the food processing units like the ship had, and the food from those things was livable but tasted like crap.

"Ok so we're pretty much set I guess, just remember to stay on this side of the fence. Hopefully we won't run into any problems, well what do you think?"

"It's beautiful. If I'm stuck in one place I'm glad it's here and with you; I couldn't imagine being stuck with Melissa and her husband - I would just die."

We went into the house and I turned on the Plasma screen on the wall, and then typed my code into the remote. Commander Fezip appeared on the screen.

"Justin I see you are trying out your new toys, I hope you find everything acceptable?"

"Yes. There were a few changes I needed but the techs took care of them right away, thanks for the help."

"No problem, I am very sorry for the inconvenience we have caused you, I hope this makes up for some of it. The AI in the house has been programmed with everything you need to do your mission and everything about the house and its technology. You can use the AI to send us emergency messages, but they will take a considerable time to reach us. Well if there is nothing else, I wish you luck and bid you goodbye," he said and then he was gone.

"Oh crap what about the dogs." I said right as the two dogs appeared in the living room; we both laughed.

We decided on chili cheese burgers for lunch and they were tasty. We talked a bit about Melissa and her husband. Patricia wondered if they would even bother to check and see if she was ok. Then we got on with what we needed to do.

"Ok, I need to call into work and take the rest of my vacation time and turn in my resignation. Then I need to find a company to clean out my house and move the items here, then sell my house. Then I will need to find an accountant for the corporation that can handle our finances. I think we may want to look into the possibility of a maid; we will need someone to make trips for us when we need things. It would need to be someone we trust totally, what about you?"

"Well I will need to drop out of school, move my stuff from my apartment to here and do something with my car. Oh and pick up my dogs. I hope they get along with yours."

"Those are all good but instead of dropping out why not transfer your credits to an online course?"

"I guess I could do that, with this equipment I could be the best there is."

We settled into the office and started making our calls; I contacted a moving company and set them up to move both of our houses. Then I called and resigned from work stating I had a family emergency and had to move unexpectedly. I talked to my friends at work and gave them my new address and phone number. Patricia found an online college that would accept her credits and she signed up to get transferred.

"What do you think about starting a Private Investigation Firm?" I asked.

"That's not a bad idea; it would give us an avenue to use our surveillance resources, among other things."

"I just thought it would be great to piss off the bad guys." I said laughing.

"I thought of someone for a maid though. My cousin Gloria lost her husband a few months ago. She has a 16 year old daughter and they have been struggling. Gloria has no formal education but I trust her."

"Give her a call and invite her out for a few days, we will pay any expenses for her. Let her know what were looking for to make sure she is interested."

I grabbed the remote and turned the office TV on, switched to the news channel and turned the volume down. I just wanted to keep track of what was going on in the world, and I wanted to know who to keep an eye on in the future.

"We also need to think of an accountant, but I don't know anyone in that field."

"Sorry I don't either." she said.

"Maybe your cousin would be interested in taking online classes like you, I wonder if she would have an interest. Her daughter could do her schooling online to if she wanted to and maybe help with the maid duties."

"I don't know, but they will be coming up for the weekend, so we can ask them."

"Company already, I like it. Oh I think we should start some spaghetti, it needs to simmer for 24 hours. What do you think?"

"Oh that sounds good. Wait a minute you brought stuff to make spaghetti, while you were camping?"

"You bet I can't live without spaghetti." Justin said smiling.

I went to the kitchen and started making the sauce I got everything set and dumped it in the crock pot, set it to low, and went back to the office. I told her the sauce was simmering and we should stir it once in a while. We finished calling everyone about an hour later; Patricia said Gloria was bringing her dogs with her.

"So what do you think about life's little twists Patricia?"

"I think life can be cruel, but sometimes things work out for the best. I guess we just need to wait and see. We just need to remember what Fezip said, and be very careful what we say and to whom."

"You're right. I would hate to end up a stain on the ground or worse." I said as I turned off the news and brought up my new toy - 'Earth Live' I guess I'll call it - and started browsing. There was so much to see, too much - I couldn't find anything interesting. I thought to myself...

"Computer" I said out loud.

"Yes"

"Can you search the internet for all sources of information and give me someone's probable location, then give me video of the area to possibly confirm the information?"

"Yes that is possible"

"Please log onto the website amw.com and try to find everyone that has a profile on the site. If you find any of them please keep track of them."

Patricia was listening to me and was laughing, she wanted to know what I would do if I found them.

"Well we need a contact, or we can just send an anonymous e-mail to the feds. With that in mind we should start an internet site. We can post trash on all the evil people of the world." Oh this is going to be fun I thought to myself.

"How about spyrus.us very simple and hard to forget?" she said.

"Hey I like that, 'Spy R Us'. Yep, I like it."

"We can post a live webcam image of the white house front lawn on the page."

I couldn't hold it. I started laughing and couldn't stop, thinking what that would do to the Secret Service. I was sure it would be interesting. I had no idea how to get a completely anonymous domain so I asked the computer to do it and to set up the hosting for it.

I decided to go for a run before dinner so I got up and went out the door. I ran along the inside of the fence around the whole 10 acres; it's really not that big. I did notice a campground near the rear with its own gate; I guess we could invite friends to camp. I finished up back at the front gate, and then I walked for a bit to cool down. I went out back and played with the dogs then went back inside. Patricia had been busy and was in the process of cooking up some chicken. So I went and got cleaned up, took a shower and headed back down stairs.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.