The Author - Cover

The Author

Copyright© 2008 by dak

Chapter 18

Morgan and I sat on the path to the cave, it was hidden behind a large water fall, Morgan said it was a large cave that went on for miles underground. Night had fallen and with the moonless night and the sound of the falls anyone would be hard pressed to spot us.

"How do you know of this cave again?" I asked

"It was used as a hatchery once." Morgan said.

I nodded.

"I showed it to Mordred, he has been using it as a strong hold for his men." Morgan said.

"Okay, lets see what I can do to help" I said

I pulled out my phone, opened up the app I needed, found the selection for ammo type, there was a selection like I had never seen, hundreds of types, most I had never heard of.

"Wow, what does a concussive round do?" I said to myself

Morgan looked over my shoulder at the phone.

"Dark magic." She mumbled

I hit the description link, what it described was a 45 cal subsonic round that when impacting a target detonated a micro explosive that created a small area of concussive force, if it struck bare flesh it would probably kill or maim, but if used on nearby surfaces would be non-lethal.

"Sounds good to me" I said

I heard a click come from my hand gun signaling the switch.

"Morgan I will go in and get the girl, you stay out here and make sure I have to surprises come in behind me." I said

She shook her head.

"Are you sure you don't want me to go in there could be many soldiers human." Morgan said.

"Thats right, you only have seen the grenade launchers, don't worry Ill be fine, stay out side and be ready to get us the hell out of here." I said.

My phone started to vibrate, I answered.

"Yeah boss?" I said.

"Sorry not him" A male voice on the other end said, it sounded familiar.

"Who the hell?" I said.

"You don't remember me kid? The man of your dreams?" He said.

"That sounds wrong..." I said.

"Don't be cute you know who I am." He said.

"Right ... I do, what do you want?" I asked.

"Kid I want to ask you a favor." He said.

"Whats that" I asked.

"Don't kill Mordred to get at the girl, He has a role to play in this world." He said.

"Why would I do this favor for you, this is your world is it not, aren't I working against you?" I asked.

"I thought you had more intelligence lad, if this was my world you would be dead already, I know where you are, if I had control I could of stopped you a long time ago." He said

"So whats your part in all this?" I asked.

"I told you kid your boss and I have been at this awhile now, look kid I can't explain it all, but I told you you had to be a pawn, and you do, I wont begrudge you that I know you have to follow his orders, but Mordred has a further role beyond this moment." He said.

"He is a kid napping bastard." I said.

"True kid, but would not the dawn lose meaning without dusk?" He asked.

"Hippy bullshit" I said.

"Alright kid look, time doesn't work the same in all verses, things are different, I forget that people like you and your boss, born humans don't get that some time, but the world you are in is out of my realm of control, that doesn't mean that was always the case." He said.

"Okay so this was your old world and you what? You like to make sure its taken care of?" I said.

"Not exactly kid, look that world is or was in my realm, one of my creations when I was very young kid, very very young, beings like your boss still screw up the time streams, they get confused when encountering realms that flow differently." He said.

"Look I am still waiting to see how this matters to me." I said.

"Fine, out in the verse you encounter many strange things, all things are possible, this realm exist for in an earlier time for me, where as your boss encounters it thinking it is my current self as opposed to my younger child like self..." He said.

"Wait? Im in your past?" I said.

"In a manner of speaking, I can not interfere with what I have done, but I can still influence it with your help." He said.

Morgan was looking at me strangely, I shrugged at her.

"SO again why do I care?" I said.

"Because if you help me, I will give you what your master wants." He said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I know how this plays out with out your interference, I was there, I know that sometimes one needs to be taken down a notch for his own good." He said.

"I don't get this why not just talk to yourself." I said.

"Because I can't, its not possible, your interference allowed a much older wiser me access to this realm again, but only to you, I was stupid and immature in my dealings once, I am not anymore." He said.

"Look you fuck with me ill go on a killing spree and everyone with a name I recognize gets a grenade to the face..." I said.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.