The Author - Cover

The Author

Copyright© 2008 by dak

Chapter 16

The road east of Camelot

I had left with all the appropriate gear for the task at hand, I had taken the duffel with all my heavy equipment. I figured I could try a less direct approach, sneak into the camp at night, kill who ever needed killing take the kid and ride off.

I was traveling for several miles, having left the outskirts of Camelot when I saw signs of large troop movements, I pulled off the road to check it out, I could tell a large number of men had camped here recently from several camp fires that looked recent, I looked around for any thing that might be of use, seeing nothing I got back up on my horse and rode on, keeping a slow pace.

After a few minutes I could see smoke on the horizon from camp fires, once again I took my horse to the side of the road, I rode down the side to a small embankment, making sure my horse would not be seen from the road, I tied him to a near by tree. I pulled my duffel from the horses back, sitting on the floor I took the weapons I would need, one thing bothered me about this whole situation, why didn't Merlin handle this himself, I got my answer as I climbed the hill beyond which I had seen smoke.

"My God, that explains that..." I said to myself.

Below in the small valley was an large encampment of soldiers, that was not what bothered me, smack in the middle of the encampment was an honest to God dragon, straight from fairy tales. I stood there for a moment watching the camp, my enhanced eye sight let me see a great deal of detail, I saw a man talking to the dragon, it looked like they where getting orders from it.

"Shit it can talk." I said.

I was thinking I could wait till night fall and watch the camp, maybe I could sneak up on the dragon at night, I absently rubbed my grenade launcher I had put over my shoulder, I was knelling by some trees on top of the hill watching the camp when I saw men bringing a cow to the dragon, it looked at the cow and roared sending a fire ball at the cow, I watched the cow burst into flames, the dragon lunged and devoured the still flaming cow.

"Fuck." I said.

I checked my P90, getting my gear ready, it was than that I saw the dragon was looking in my direction, I stayed very still, my cloak should keep me hidden, I watched as the dragon tilted its head, I saw it call to a group of men, they quickly mounted up on their horses and started to ride toward my hill.

"Well shit." I said.

I grabbed my rifle and watched the horses ride up, the men were only equipped with swords so I was not too worried just yet, I stood from my hiding spot and got out into the open, I could make out the dragon staring at me from his place in the camp, his four men approach me with in a several yards, the lead rider spoke.

"You scum, come with us now." He shouted.

I looked at the dragon I could make out its eyes, and I was betting it could make out mine, I blew him a kiss before raising my rifle and shooting the lead rider in the chest, His men looked startled and drew their swords.

"Easy cupcake, are you will end up like mouthy there." I said to the next nearest rider.

The rider seemed to rethink what he was going to do.

"The Great Lord Scar request your presence at once, Please." He said.

I looked at him than to dragon in the camp, I raised my hand to point at the dragon, and made a come hear gesture with my finger.

"Tell big and ugly there I request his presence here." I said.

The men looked between each other, as if debating what to do, I raised my rifle and shot the next man.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.