10% Book2 - Cover

10% Book2

Copyright© 2008 by John Wales

Chapter 14

We changed course. Many people would be coming out to see what happened. I had to assume that Nicolas was able to access Colins' computer and get through to the destruct instructions.

People were out in their pajamas looking down the street. A fire was burning in the rubble. There were too many people thinking worried thoughts for me to home in on the house. We could only get a block away because so many people were blocking the road.

One car was nearly filled with mercenaries. They had no idea what to do. There was a lot pressure on my mind from so people. The drug had kicked in and I was much more receptive now. Strattera helped but I tried to avoid it so I could build up some form of resistance. It was not happening now.

Herb and Kim hurt too but we stayed to find those that had been in the house. We could find none of them.

The pack arrived but couldn't get near. I said, "Brandon, Tatum, Dina, William, you guys stay here and see if any of them got away. We're going to get Emily."

It took time to get out of the area. Fire trucks, ambulances, and police cars converged on the burning home. I had a chance to think about had happened. The servants had probably died. They were innocent and their deaths weighted on me. Again, my justification that the pack came first helped but not as well as when the deaths were of bad people.

There was a possibility that other innocents had been killed or injured. All I could do was hide within the entity that was the pack.

The three of us drove to the farm and stopped at our usual spot. I could sense Emily much easier now. "Hi Emily. We've come to take you home." She could not send this far so I continued. "There's one man left. Tell him we're coming for you. He has the option of leaving now. Tell him that Carstairs and all the men he brought with him are dead along with his employer."

The three of us flew just over the trees and saw a car rapidly leaving just a few minutes after I repeated myself to Emily.

Emily was outside waiting for us as we flew to her and gently alighted.

"Hi Emily," I said as I hugged the woman of forty two. "This is my sister Kim and our husband Herb." I looked in her mind. Her shield was up but with a little more push I saw that she was just frightened.

"Emily, we won't hurt you. You're part of our family now."

We searched the house and found some weapons that would have been used against us but nothing much else. We took what we wanted and with Emily we drove home.

I took the woman into a bathroom and bathed her as if I were her mother. After we had a light meal I slept with her to reassure her. She cuddled with me and I began to see just what I had done to her and tried to fix it. Emily was always unstable and I had just pushed her hard and she fell. I didn't sleep as I was trying to see where she hurt and what I could do to fix it.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.