A Story - Cover

A Story

Copyright© 2008 by Yoron

Chapter 9

At last Derek started to open up. He was still scared of frightening her away though, and even more so of finding her repulsed by him. It took quite some time for Hope to get it all out of him. But in succeeding his abrasions finally got their chance to heal, and Dawn too helped by her silent support and willingness to listen.

Derek finished his tale, then he just sat there silent studying his wife with something nearing awe in his eyes. He finally shook his head, and taking a deep breath carried on with describing his first meet with the 'flow'. He had just found out how this place seemed to coexist between the 'planes', and he was very thrilled by it all. He was sitting on the porch alone one afternoon, slowly falling asleep when he started to dream.

It was one of those dreams where you're not sure if you are dreaming at all. It was very real to Derek, in it he was talking to his former wife, just as they used too, while at the same time seeing her slowly transform into a corpse. He knew he screamed inside but they just kept on talking. 'Do you regret it.' She asked. 'Regret what.' he said. 'This.' She said showing him the bodies of his kids.

In his dream he now seemed to remember that this was all his doing. He thought he screamed again but somehow there was no sound to be heard, now he saw them starting to move, opening dried out black eyes coming towards him. 'Papa' he heard his dead daughter, 'you're back' opening her arms to embrace him, he desperately tried to move but it was like standing in a morass. He realized now that it was a dream, but he just couldn't get free of it.

In the end the only thing saving him was Hope's voice, guiding him, ever so gently, out of it, telling him to relax. When he woke up he found both Hope and Dawn at his side. 'I have to call my kids.' It was the first thing he said as he woke up. First after Dawn had promised him that nothing bad had happened to them could he let that thought go. This was the first time they told him that he was a 'natural', and that sometimes badly healed wounds could resonance in the 'flow' creating a overload of emotions.

That was what had happened to him, he was lucky, they said, that he and Hope had such an affinity for each other. Otherwise he could have got stuck inside that dream forever. 'So the flow is a dangerous force Carl, easy to get lost in.' Linea seemed to shiver as she sat beside Carl. 'Are you saying that it can build on ones desires.' She asked secretly wondering of her new games. Dawn who all to well could understand her trepidation smiled at her. 'Aye Lassie, so it can, but not in our case Linea. That's all our own doing.' Linea smiled back, much relieved but blushing.

Now Hope brought it all to an end by saying. 'I think it's time for bed now if we want to get a early start.' She took her husbands hand in her and together they walked into their room. Carl smiled at his Ladies. 'Would you mind very much if we just slept tonight?' he asked. Linea smiled hungrily at him. 'That we will see, baby boy.' She said licking her lips in a most suggestive manner. Dawn who saw how Carl froze, like a deer caught in the headlight, gave Linea a little slap. 'Stop teasing him girl. It will be a long day tomorrow and we all need our sleep.'

Carl went to Linea before she could start again. He put his hand over her mouth hindering her to talk. 'Ha, how easy you are to control my beauty.' He then proceeded with throwing her over his shoulder at the same time as he was rushing up the stairwell. He let down a slightly green Linea in the bathroom flying down the stairs saying 'And one more to go.' Dawn's shrieks could be heard all the way over the house as she most unceremonious was dumped over Carl's shoulder exactly like Linea. After letting her down at Linea's side he went in to his room to undress.

Linea who didn't know what foot to stand on reconsidered her moves, one part of her had found it quite exiting and invorigating, the other one though was clearly peeved over her unruly 'Puppy's' behavior. Dawn smiled at her. 'Whatever you decide Linea.' She said. 'Make it quick, we need our rest tonight.' Linea nodded thoughtfully. Carl was feeling quite satisfied with himself as he was putting on his boxer and tee-shirt.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.