A Story - Cover

A Story

Copyright© 2008 by Yoron

Chapter 2

Times can be hard, Linea's time here surely had been. Among us we can find them, those unsung heroes. Those who just keep on an always are there ready to help out not caring for their own hardships. They are to me like candles in the night, each of them a clear light of their own. Linea was one such person, as was Dawn and Hope, Carl and Derek knew it of course, not that they ever thought about it, but the knowledge was there inside them.

When Carl woke up the next morning he found himself alone. After getting himself dressed he went down to the kitchen to get his cup of coffee. Nobody was there so he went out on the porch to drink it. The morning was fresh and a little cool, one could feel the ozone from the storm lingering but soon the sun would lift it away. When he looked out the green hillside he noticed something strange. The neighboring houses were all gone.

'Now, what the... ' Carl said surprised. He knew he had a pair of binoculars in his car so he went down to get them. Coming down he found that his car was gone, in its stead there was a covered rig, looking somewhat like an old-fashioned Conestoga. He looked inside and to his surprise all their stuff was in there. But in the little leather bag where his Japanese Binoculars should have been there was only an old fashioned field glass.

It was beautifully made out in copper, with lots of obvious marksmanship invested in it. He found it a marvelously intricate instrument to behold, although it wasn't his he decided to take it with him up to the house anyway. Once back up, he started to call for the others to come and see, but there was no one answering. Now he started getting worried for real, he ran down to the barn to see if they were there. Four horses were gone and there was a note hanging on the door. 'Told you to keep your head. We're just having a morning ride. Enjoy your coffee. Derek.'

He felt himself relax a little, whatever strangeness there was here, he was sure he could handle it as long as he had his friends around him. When he had drunk his coffee he at last saw them coming. They rode up to the house in a tight line, following a path through the woods that he could swore had been a paved road yesterday. Linea shone as a little mini-sun as they came up to him, 'Carl, I love it. Can you smell the air, don't you like it?' Carl gave her a strong hug. 'well, now when you are back I may like it a little more Linea.'

Dawn looked at Carl, all of a sudden feeling guilty, she came over to him and gave him a long kiss. 'Look lover, ' she whispered, suddenly making Carl into a very happy man. 'We couldn't resist taking a quick look. Linea wanted it so much, and we all thought we would be back long before you would wake. I'm Sorry love.' Carl didn't care to be angry any more, hearing Dawn naming him love made all his pondering insipid.

'I don't mind Dawn. As long as you come back. And that goes for you all.' He said, trying his best to sound severe. His goofy smile revealed his true intent though. Derek smiled as he saw it. Oh yes, that boy is a true goner. Dawn have him twisted around her little finger, same as Linea. Thank God I'm not like that he thought. Hope turned to him smiling. 'You're sure?' she asked.

Derek started to chuckle. 'Don't you know that it's impolite to listen to others thoughts Girl?' 'Ahh, but you're mine Derek, did you not know?' Derek who now was laughing so hard that he had to dismount for fear of falling gave in to her. 'Yes Hope, I'm yours, now and forever. You can listen in any time you like love.' 'Good. Then there might still be hope for you.' Hope said in her most imperial manner as they lead the horses back to the corral.

When they had saddled down their horses and rubbed them dry they all went back to the house to have some breakfast. Carl who by now somehow had accepted that it all had changed, even though he wasn't sure that he still might be laying in that bed hallucinating, enjoyed cuddling with Dawn sharing their food with each other.

Linea studied them, Gross she thought! But it was fun to see, almost like they were drooling on each other. Hope suddenly crumbled what was left of her sandwich and threw it on the others. 'Food fight! She shouted. Come on... ' It was lots of fun for them all but for Dawn, who was the one usually fixing in there, and the kitchen sure looked like hell afterwards.

'You know Hope.' Said Derek thoughtfully. 'Do you think we should get some dogs?' Dawn smirked slightly as she heard his teasing. 'Oh no.' She said smiling. 'Why, Hope is only too happy to clean up after you. Aren't you dear?' Hope who now seemed somewhat subdued looked at Dawn. 'You don't mean that really. Do you?' Dawn smiled sweetly back at her. 'Watch me.' She said, as she left the kitchen.

Linea who had thrown her share now stepped in. 'We'll help you.' she said 'Don't you worry, when Dawn comes back it will be spotless, you'll see.' True to her words it was a spotless kitchen meeting Dawn as she came back to start preparing dinner. She came in, daintily drawing her finger at a corner and after inspecting it looking at Hope.

'Well.' She said, 'It will have to do for this time, but' and there she held up the same but now warning finger. 'Next time I might not be so lenient.' Hope made a deep curtsy. 'Oh thank you, thank you so much mistress.' Then the girls started to laugh again. Yep, thought Carl. A hallucination maybe but if so the best in my life, and hey, I don't mind.

He asked Dawn if she needed some help but she just hushed him up. 'Go you out and help Derek instead.' She said. 'Let me do me dinner in peace and quiet for once.' He noticed that her word rhythms seemed more marked now when they were here, wherever that might be? 'Ok love.' He said, testing the waters, if you know what I mean. He went over to her and kissed her carefully on her right ear. 'See'ya.' He called cheerfully as he went out in search for Derek.

He found him outside marking up where he wanted the cabins to be by sticking in pins in the ground marking their locations. 'Do you need any help?' asked Carl as he watched. Derek looked at him, 'Could you get those 3D drawings you printed out?' 'Sure thing.' Carl found them up at his room, but now they looked as drawings instead, most meticulously done but drawings all the same, he shook his head but he started to get used to it now.

Everything seemed to change shape when it moved to here he thought, Derek thanked him and carefully laid out them on the grass. He then looked at Carl saying. 'This will be your first lesson Carl. Come and join hands.' Carl backed up a little, holding hands? 'Come now Carl, this will teach you much, we don't have the whole day on us you know.' Said Derek. now starting to sound impatient. Carl went over and they joined hands standing over the drawings. 'Now Carl, do you see your drawings?

Now imagine them standing exactly where I marked it up with the pins. We will take one cabin at a time starting with the one over there.' he pointed. 'To here.' You can close your eyes if you like, but try to see the cabin as exactly as you can in your mind.' Carl studied Derek skeptically. Did he really believe this to work? On the other hand, it seemed to be working in so many other ways so? Why not, I'll play it out, we'll see.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.