A Story - Cover

A Story

Copyright© 2008 by Yoron

Chapter 10

The next day they woke up early to prepare themselves for their ride to Briars Cove. Hope and Derek, who were hoping on selling some horses, had a whole remuda with them. The morning was slightly chill with the wind softly sweeping through the beeches that made up for most of the wood here. It was a remarkable experience riding under those mighty trees, like being inside the pillars of a cathedral, with the green moss representing lush carpets. The sunbeams traveling in columns of light through the canopy made it into a very ethereal experience.

Carl had some problems of his own though, he remembered all to well yesterday and the way Linea seemed to have him under her thumb. Even though he enjoyed it at times, he clearly felt that there needed to be some restraints to their play. Dawn who felt his trepidation came up to ride beside him. 'Carl.' she said. 'Don't worry. I know that you are on the verge of revolting here.' She suppressed her smile, continuing. 'She will grow up, she has found her sexual prowess exhilarating, but she tries real hard to be mature about it. Just give her some time.'

Carl thought about it, well she hadn't really done anything stupid yet, although, this thing about the bathroom? 'I don't know Dawn. I do enjoy it in small doses but there has to be some limits to it.' 'I believe she is a very possessive young girl.' Said Dawn. 'She has never had very much and now, for the first time in her life, she has you.' Carl looked at her surprised. 'Do you think?' Dawn nodded, knowing as she did about Linea's diary. 'Yes, you are everything she didn't have growing up, and she strives desperately to bind you to her in any way she can.'

Now Carl saw it through another light, he smiled fondly at Dawn lightly caressing her arm. 'You are my first love and wise beyond years girl.' He said, as he allowed his horse to slow down so he could catch Linea who was having a conversation with Hope. 'Linea.' He said. 'I'm lonely, care to ride double with me?' She smiled surprised. 'Can the horse take us both?' she asked sounding doubtful. Hope snorted. 'No problem. Mystery won't even notice you Linea.' She smiled at Carl. 'And how's our romantic?' Carl bowed clumsily in the saddle. 'My Lady.' He smiled. 'As good as new, impatiently waiting for my little Mistress.'

Linea who now had dismounted told Carl to sit still as she tried to get up behind him. Carl who reckoned he had the better idea just lifted her up in front of him, while turning her towards him. Linea blushed when she saw the way he looked at her smiling. 'Is this comfortable Linea?' he asked. 'Do you like it?' at the same time as his eyes seemed to behold and caress her very soul. She already loved her little Puppy but now she could see the man behind it, she felt herself blush even deeper. In the end she just had to give in to her feelings, leaning against him and holding him, saying nothing just resting. Carl felt very satisfied, perhaps he thought, with Dawns help, they still would get some balance to this.

They rode up to Dawn and holding her hand in his Carl was deeply at ease with the situation. If only every day could be like this he thought. Dawn felt a deep easing of her worries, they had came such a long way in such short time she thought, she and her lovers. I so wish it would turn out well she thought. They didn't know all about Briars Cove, yes it was a fair, and a ruling place of the community too. But there was also the Sage, every visitor to her realm sooner or later had to commit to the Sage's judgement. Also there would be other surprises she thought in a somewhat lighter mood, not all of them dangerous but strange enough she thought mischievously

After riding until midday they stopped for a light meal and something to drink. They had found a hill with a little trail leading them upwards. Well at the top they could see out for miles over the forest's roof. The heat of the day was slowly turning up and Carl felt quite relieved to be able to lie down and rest on the thick grass. Dawn who was sitting beside him started to feed him small morsels of food. 'Thanks Dawn.' He smiled raising himself. 'But now it's my turn.' It was a pleasant view over the woods and as the heat of the day made them somewhat lazy they forgot about the time.

It wasn't until Derek woke up they started to move again. But by now it had already started to get dark, especially under the trees. Linea who still sat with Carl asked Dawn. 'Dawn, how long is it until we get there?' 'Oh, I don't know really.' Answered Dawn. 'It depends on the path.' Now Carl started to be interested. 'What do you mean? The path?' 'Well.' Said Dawn. 'One never knows what have changed here, sometimes the path is short but on other occasions it can be much longer.'

'Ah, a little like the old Chinese concept of distance then?' wondered Carl. 'What do you mean?' asked Linea. 'They used to have an idea that distance was work, that meant that if you were going uphill the workload would be higher and the time taken longer than if going downhill. Therefore their maps gave different distances between the same places, depending on if you were going to or from it.' 'Cool' said Linea. 'Well, it does make sense.' Said Dawn.

'But that's not the reason here. This world is a living thing existing on many planes simultaneously.' She studied them, searching for their understanding. 'Don't make the mistake to believe this place to be the same as the one you left. Here is the crossroads of Earth, this is where all possible paths emanate.' Linea looked around, there was still some light seeping through the canopy's foliage but it was fast becoming dark.

'What should we do then?' she asked. 'Should we stay here for the night or should we just press on?' Dawn called out for Hope and Derek and they started to discuss. Hope who thought that this path differed from what she remembered was of the mind that they should find a place to camp. Derek was the impatient one, he wanted them to press on until they would find Briars Cove, and the local pub, and yes, he was indeed somewhat thirsty.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.