An Unsettled Calm
Chapter 15

Copyright© 2007 by msboy8

After sleeping at Mrs. O'Grady's for the first time since March, we had breakfast. When I say we, I mean Sarah too. Mrs. O' has become very attached to Sarah and is having her sleep in the house. Of course, she told me that no hanky-panky is allowed and she thinks of Sarah as a daughter. I may be dumb, but I'm not stoopid, so I didn't bring up the fact that if she treated me like a son and Sarah like a daughter, then how could Sarah be my girlfriend?

Surprisingly, the G-men wanted the meeting to be in my 'office'. When I reminded them the size of my office, they told me to rent another, larger space in the building and that the FBI world pay the rent. I called the gee that owned the building and he was overjoyed! He told me to meet the superintendent at 8.00 AM and he would show me the rooms. Rooms, I couldn't afford that. Oh yeah, the G-men were picking up the tab.

I pulled up in front of the building with Sarah in the car. The building super was parked on the stoop of the building smiling. If anything Mr. Guthrie, the building superintendent, smiled even bigger. He directed me to a parking place around the building and told me that was where I would be parking my tin can. He quickly rushed over the additional cost for the private parking spot and I didn't point out that it was the city's alley.

The rooms he had for me were one floor up, on the forth floor. He said the view was better and it was three large rooms. I pointed out that the building next door blocked any view and he pointed out that I could watch my car in the alley, so no punks did anything to it. The furnishings were included, for a nominal additional fee, and I could move right in.

I was trying to get the place ready for the meeting, when I noticed him still hanging around. When I asked him why, he said he was waiting for the deposit. Not wanting to gross about it, I gave him my last Benjamin. He accepted it graciously and turned to go. He then turned around again and asked when I was vacating the other office. I heard him mumbling about double rents and I went right down to move my radio and things in my desk. He followed me and told me I could leave the desk right there. I remember buying that desk when I moved in, but didn't want to argue. I gave him the key to that old broom closet and asked him to send the gentlemen in new suits up to my new office when they came. He said that he would send the G-men up as soon as they arrived and that I had reminded him that the office needed it's lock fixed and that he would get right on it. I climbed the stairs to my new office and thought how my life had changed since I took the lay for Miss Sykes.

Sarah had arranged the office so I had an entry office, my office, with a fine desk, and a meeting/catch all room. I put the radio in the office and noticed that she had an electric coffee pot and was making coffee. She had even come up with some clean cups. I wondered how she made it look so easy and knew that I'd found my Mrs. Malone and a new partner when she left the FBI.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.