Lost & Found
Chapter 7

Copyright© 2007 by Douglas Fox

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 7 - Kyle Martin goes to PSU seeking football glory. Read about his successes, failures and excesses as he tries to find his place in the world

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/Ma   Consensual   Romantic   Group Sex   Anal Sex   School  

Christian woke me too early for my tastes on Sunday morning. I tried to sleep again when he left for breakfast with Bev. I tossed and turned for awhile and finally gave up on sleep. I got up, feeling pretty good. I didn't have the hangover I often had on a Sunday morning. After breakfast I checked my e-mail. I wasn't in as much of a hurry to check now that I didn't get daily e-mail from Penny.

Andy filled me in on the details of my high school team's Friday night game. The Wolverines beat the Braves, the second strongest team in our league, by 31-24. My friends fell behind early. They needed some second half heroics to pull out the win. Andy scored the winning touchdown with only a couple minutes left in the game. Andy said our team expected to easily win the final two games against weak opponents. They were well positioned for a strong playoff run.

Andy said he and Jake were looking forward to their visit to Penn State in two weeks. I was going to enjoy seeing some of my family after being away for three months.

I worked on the problems Kevin Lee wanted me to do before our tutoring session on Monday. When I finished them I headed over to the Lasch Building to study film for our game at Northwestern next Saturday.

My friends teased me at dinner about the previous evening. Trevor said, "Martin was in the back bedroom so long with the girl because he needed a roadmap to find his way."

Tony King added, "I don't need no hour and half to screw a girl." Too bad for you and the girl you take to bed I thought. I kept the thought to myself. Most of the freshmen at the table joined in teasing me. G. J. DeLuca didn't, he was plainly embarrassed by our discussion of sex. Christian also kept quiet. His disapproval registered on his face. Jay Nicholson made a couple mild comments. He also winked at me a couple times to let me know he understood – slow is good when it comes to sex.

Christian saved his comments for when we got back to our room. He said, "I don't know which is worse – getting so drunk you pass out or sleeping with a stranger."

"Sleeping with Kimberly isn't as messy," I answered.

Christian shook his head. I asked, "No lectures tonight?"

"What's the point? You know fornication is a sin. You know we're too young to drink. You do it anyway. If I'd known in April what I know now..." Christian hesitated for a second. " ... I wouldn't have agreed to room with you."

"That's fine with me!" I answered hotly. I grabbed my books and headed to the study area in the Lasch Building. I didn't need to spend time with Christian at the moment.

I wasn't really that mad at Christian. I still considered him a friend. The two of us were mismatched. We never should have roomed together.


My week went better. Kevin Lee's tutoring helped. I understood what Dr. Gowavaram was teaching better than before. Kevin drilled me on the day's lesson at our Monday afternoon tutoring session.

Kelly O'Keefe and Tanner Riggs spent all of the time before History talking about their date on Saturday night. Apparently they had a good time together. Tanner was a lucky guy. Kelly was a good looking, sweet girl.

Coach Schroeder had me practice a few new plays with the first string. They were ones that Ryan Reynolds had reviewed with me in the past couple weeks. I thought I did them well. I caught two passes when Aaron Morano covered me. I was pleased with Monday's practice.

Our team was confident that we could handle Northwestern. Their record was 5-5. They were unranked. They already lost to Ohio State, Wisconsin and Illinois, all teams we had beaten. Of course they lost to #2 ranked Michigan too. We should beat them if everyone properly played their parts in the game plan.

I was surprised when Christian's noise woke me up Tuesday morning. I didn't mind as much on Tuesdays since I had an 8 o'clock class. I glanced at my alarm clock. It was a few minutes after 6 am. I rolled over and sighed. I asked, "Why in the hell are you up already?"

Christian ignored my profanity most times now. "I have a lot of homework tonight. I want do my work out at Lasch before class today."

I grunted, "Enjoy." I rolled over and tried to fall asleep again. My alarm woke me at 7 am. I grabbed a shower and headed for breakfast.

I had barely started my eggs, sausage and hash browns when Damian Thompson slapped his tray down beside me and had a seat. "Good morning," I said pleasantly.

"Hah!"

"What's wrong? I don't usually see you up this early."

"Friggin' G. J.! I hate morning people," Damian groused.

I sympathized, "I know what you mean."

"G. J. is back in our room doing homework," Damian said. "I don't have a class until 10:10. I could have a least two more hours to sleep."

"Would you believe Christian was up at 6 am this morning? He's over at Lasch doing his workout before his 8 o'clock class."

"You're kidding," Damian shook his head. "You've got it just as bad as me for a roommate."

"Don't get me wrong. Christian is a good friend. We're just mismatched. He's up early every morning. He goes to bed too early. I'd rather sleep later and go to bed at midnight instead of 10 pm."

"Yeah, I'm with you," Damian chuckled. "It'd be better if G. J. and Christian roomed together."

I stared at Damian for a couple moments. I cocked my head and asked, "Maybe they should."

"What?"

"Maybe we should talk to them about rooming together. You know, we swap roommates," I said. "You and I can stay up late at night and sleep late the next morning."

"Are you serious?" Damian asked. I could see the wheels turning in his head.

"Yeah, I am. What do you think?"

"I don't know what to say," Damian asked. "You're sure?"

"Yes ... you know ... I think we've gotten to be good friends over the last three months. I could see us rooming together."

"Would you be comfortable with that?"

"Why not?" I asked.

Damian explained, "You're from a pretty conservative part of the state. I saw your high school team. Would you be OK with rooming with someone like me?" He held up his black hands in front of me. "You only had one black on your team."

"Actually the Wolverines had two black guys on the team. We had to recruit them both for the team. They hadn't planned to play football. We played the guys we had available. I haven't had a lot of experience with black guys before I got here. Have I done anything to make you think I'm a racist?"

"No, you've become a good friend, Kyle."

"Would it bother you if I cursed when we're together? I've been known to say God damn and Jesus occasionally."

"Hell no, that won't bother me," Damian answered. "G. J. complains that I'm a slob. Will that bother you?"

I laughed. "Christian says the same thing about me. Would it bother you if you caught me whacking off after I go to bed?"

"I wouldn't hear you. I'd be too busy doing the same thing." Damian grinned at me when he said it.

"I think we should do this. Why don't we talk to Christian and G. J. before practice starts."

"OK," Damian said. He extended his hand to me. I shook it.

I was excited all day at the possibility that I could solve my roommate problem. I still wanted to be friends with Christian but we were too different to share a room together. I felt like a visitor in my own dorm room. I had to monitor my cursing. I always had to make my bed. I had to pick up everything immediately when I was done with it. I was more inhibited here than I had been at home living with my parents. I just didn't feel comfortable – like this was my home.

I didn't see Christian before practice. Damian had talked to G. J. at lunch time. He was aboard with the idea. The three of us tackled Christian when he came into the locker room. Christian readily agreed that it was a good idea. We decided we would flip a coin to see who stayed in their current room and who moved. Heads G. J. and I kept our rooms and tails we moved. Damian flipped the coin. It was heads.

Christian talked to Pete Klein, our RA. We had some paper work to fill out with Housing and Residential Life, but Pete didn't mind if we went ahead and swapped tonight. The four of us discussed it. Christian had a big term paper due tomorrow. He needed to work on it all evening. We agreed that we would swap rooms on Wednesday night after dinner.

I talked to Chelsea Wright at EDPSY 14 on Wednesday afternoon. I let her know that I was going to miss class on Friday for an away game. She was happy to take notes and e-mail them to me over the weekend so I would be prepared for any questions Dr. Henderson might have for me on Monday. Chelsea was becoming a good friend.

Christian and Damian filled out their paperwork at the Housing office in Pollock Commons during the day on Wednesday. I helped Christian move his things down the hall in the evening. G. J. helped Damian move his things in with me. Damian was settled in with me by 8:30 in the evening.

Damian and I spent the remainder of the evening studying. We didn't head to bed until after 11:30. I ceremoniously dropped my dirty clothes on the floor beside my bed. Damian did the same.

I pulled my boxers down to my ankles when Damian turned out the light. I enjoyed a nice unhurried cum. A minute after my climax I heard Damian groan. Damian was enjoying the opportunity to play with himself too.

Damian commented, "I wonder how G. J. and Christian are doing?"

"Probably asleep for a couple hours," I answered. "Isn't G. J. Catholic?"

"Yeah, Catholic with a capital C. Why?"

"It could lead to some interesting theological conversations between the two of them. Christian is a Mennonite."

"OK, what is the big deal about that?"

"The Mennonites are big on having a personal relationship with God. The Catholics believe in the intercession of priests, saints, the Virgin Mary, etc. The Mennonites still remember some of their founders who were martyred by Catholic government officials who wanted to stamp out their sect."

Damian asked, "I didn't realize there was so much disagreement between Catholics and Mennonites. Do you think Christian and G. J. will be able to get over their differences?"

"I'm sure they will." Damian got quiet. I rolled over and went to sleep.


I was used to the routine by our fourth travel game. I caught the bus from the Lasch Building after my Math 110 class on Friday morning. I grabbed a copy of the Daily Collegian on the way to class. I carried it along on the flight.

The paper had an article comparing some of our personal statistics against the rest of the NCAA BCS teams. I wasn't surprised to see Aaron Morano tied for the lead in interceptions. His eight interceptions were outstanding. Zack Hayes ranked #10 in the nation in passing efficiency. Bo Cherry and Shawn O'Conner didn't show up at the top of the receiving and rushing lists. That wasn't surprising. We spread the ball around too much for one guy to be in the lead. I was surprised when I got down to kick returns.

I had no idea I was top ranked in the nation at returning kicks. My average of 37.1 yards per return was the best. The second place guy was averaging 35.7 yards per return. My 15.5 yards per punt return ranked me eighth in the country. I knew I wasn't surprising teams anymore. This must be why.

The last stat that shocked me was the scoring tally for our team. I knew Cooper Barnes was tops on the list. He had scored 69 points for us. Shawn O'Conner and Bo Cherry were tied at 48 points with 8 touchdowns each. My 6 touchdowns put me at third on our team's scoring list. I guess I was proving my worth to the team. I felt a little better about myself than I had a couple weeks ago.

We flew into O'Hare Airport. The athletic department set us up in the Hilton Garden Inn a few blocks from the Evanston campus of Northwestern University.

The hotel catered our dinner and provided meeting rooms for the team to use for our final preparations. I had meetings with the offense, the wide receivers and special teams. It took my whole evening.

The athletic department didn't know about Damian and me rooming together. They booked a room for Christian and me. I talked with Amy, one of the event assistants from the Athletic Department, about switching. She assured me she would take care of the switch on our next away game. Christian and I needed to make the best of things this weekend.

Christian and I headed back to our room when the meetings were done. I asked Christian when we got back to our room, "How is it working out with you and G. J.?"

"Good. I'm glad you and Damian thought this up. I don't have to worry about being so darn quiet in the morning. I can turn the light on when I get up and see what in the heck I'm doing. It's great. Do you and Damian get along?"

"Damian and I are getting along well. Are you and me still OK?"

"Us? Yes, I still consider us to be friends."

"Good, I wouldn't want to lose your friendship, Christian," I said.

Christian disappeared before I woke up on Saturday morning. I got up in time for our 8 am breakfast downstairs. Christian and I packed our bags and carried them down to the buses.

The team headed over to Ryan Field, Northwestern's stadium. When we went out for our walk through practice at midmorning, I looked around at Ryan Field. It had a capacity of 45,000. I commented to Christian, "It's kind of a small stadium, don't you think?"

"You have a short memory," Christian answered. "A year ago we played each other in Hershey Park Stadium in front of 15,000 or so. This holds three times as many people."

"I guess you're right. But my point is that we've played 7 of our 9 games in front of 107,000 plus. We've come a long way since last December."

Christian confirmed, "We have."

We were loose and confident during our morning practice. The coaches reviewed the game plan with us. We had an early lunch and then we dressed, warmed up and waited for the noon start of our game. My friends relaxed and joked around. We fully expected to beat Northwestern. It would be a piece of cake.

Our offense's confidence was undeserved that afternoon. We just couldn't get into sync. Zack threw a very uncharacteristic interception with an overthrown pass in the first half. It led to 7 points for the Northwestern Wildcats. We had two fumbles, both recovered by us fortunately and half a dozen penalties.

My contribution to the mess was minimal. I was on the field for one play with the offense. Northwestern covered me with two guys when I ran a deep route. Zack fired the ball to Bo when he came open. Bo dropped it.

Our defense played well. The Wildcats were held to one long field goal when they were on offense. I had a lot of work at returning punts. The Wildcats had paid attention to me when the studied video our previous games. Their punter had a strong leg. He kicked the ball away from me on every kick. The cover guys did a good job. I had two fair catches, watched a third punt get downed when I couldn't reach it. The other two punts went out of bounds.

We were down 10-7 when we went into the locker room at halftime. Coach Burton chewed our asses out – with good reason. Antwaan Booker and Aaron Morano preached to us that we had to step things up. Cut out the screw-ups, play the way we could and to play with intensity. We were fired up after the three speeches.

The assistant coaches gathered us by position to discuss adjustments. Coach Ferguson reviewed a change for us on punt returns. He had an idea he thought might spring me free in the second half on punt returns.

Northwestern took the second half kickoff. Cooper Barnes booted it into the end zone. They took the ball on their 20 yard line. Our defense didn't let them get their offense going. The stopped the run on first down with only a two yard gain. Karol Ziska hurried the quarterback on second down into an incompletion when he blitzed. Aaron Morano knocked the third down and long pass away.

Northwestern's punter booted the ball down to me, angling for the left side of the field. That was exactly what Coach Ferguson expected and planned for. I drifted left and caught the ball on our 36 yard line. My blockers flocked to the left side of the field, pursued by the Wildcat players.

I started up the left sideline as my blockers formed up. The Wildcats pursued, trying to pin me against the sideline. I watched my blockers as my pursuers closed in. Josh Bruno pushed his man down the field. Damian pushed his guy back towards our end zone, just the way Coach Ferguson planned. I sprinted through the crack, cutting back towards the opposite side of the field.

I accelerated as I headed across the field. The Wildcats were too enthusiastic in their pursuit. No one was left in position to block my return. I sprinted down the far sideline and into the end zone untouched. Cooper Barnes made the PAT to finally put our team in the lead 14-10.

The Wildcats took the kickoff and started their drive down the field. Antwaan Booker, Jake Washington, Pete Klein and Karol Ziska kept them bottled up. They made three yards on the first two plays. They tried a pass on third down. Aaron Morano slickly cut in front of the receiver's out route, stole the pass and ran down the sideline for the end zone. Coop's PAT increased our lead to 21-10.

The whole game turned in the space of about ninety seconds. We kicked the ball back to the Wildcats for the third time in the quarter. Our defense kept the pressure up. They only managed a field goal in the second half. Our offense did a little better than before. We managed to get our running game going. Our larger offensive line wore down the Wildcats defenders in the fourth quarter.

I was on the field for two more plays. I caught one pass for seventeen yards in the second half. We added an insurance touchdown late in the game to bring the final score to Penn State 28, Northwestern 13. Our team didn't shine that day, but we still got the win.

The coaches managed to herd everyone onto the buses about an hour after the game ended. We took off from O'Hare headed for State College at 5:30 pm. About 500 fans greeted us outside the Lasch Building when we got off the buses at 10:30 that evening. Damian and I headed straight to our rooms and to bed. It had been a long day.


Andy sent me his usual weekend update e-mail on our high school football team. They played Cornwall on Friday night. Cornwall's strong defense held the Wolverines scoring down...

... to only 38 points. The final score was 38-9 Wolverines' favor. Andy added two more touchdowns to his seasons' total. Jake Kring was superb as usual. Next Friday night they would close out their season with a game against Sadsbury. Andy indicated that Sadsbury had its usual losing record. Andy and Jake were both looking forward to their visit to Penn State the next weekend. I was too – it was going to be nice to see Andy and my Dad again.

My adjustments to my personal life were working out better. Damian and I got along just fine. We stayed up until 11:30 to midnight – our natural bedtime. We slept until it was time for classes.

I could be a little sloppy. Damian didn't care. He was a little sloppy too. Our room wasn't a pig sty, but it was comfortable. I could jerk off at bedtime or in the morning without any complaints from Damian. He often did the same thing when I jerked off. Our comfort around each other and our friendship grew by the day. The roommate swap was a big success for the two of us. Christian and G. J. seemed to get along too.

I got to know Damian's friend from classes, Billy Robinson. Billy was from Altoona. My mother is a Robinson. We weren't related as far as Billy and I could figure. His family had moved to central Pennsylvania in the 1800's from Philadelphia. I didn't know of any relatives in that area. My Robinson family had lived in the Lancaster/Chester County area for two centuries.

Damian and Billy's appearances couldn't be more different. Damian was 5'-10", 235 pounds. He was squat and strong. You could tell just by looking that Damian could hurt you if he wanted to. Billy was a tall and thin white guy – 6'-1", 150 pounds. His features could best be described as soft and pleasant. Billy wore his blond hair in a buzz cut. He had a diamond stud ear ring.

I ate breakfast or lunch with Damian and Billy a few times. He seemed like a nice guy. Damian went over to Billy's room in Schultz Hall a night or two each week to study. They worked together most of the night. Damian and Billy seemed to be close buddies. Damian was always in a great mood after spending the evening studying with Billy.

I had a quiz in Math 110 on Monday. I felt I had done OK on it. I found out on Thursday when Bai handed them back that I was correct. I scored an 82. Kevin Lee's tutoring was having the desired effect. I finally felt like I really could pass the course.

My southeast Pennsylvania sensibilities were shocked by Monday's mini-blizzard. A 30-40 mile an hour wind blew the couple inches of snow all over. Coach Burton decided practice would be more productive inside Holuba Hall. It was cramped inside with only one field for the three teams to play on. Each team worked across the field instead of up and down the field.

The coaches and our team captains Antwaan Booker, Aaron Morano and Bo Cherry chewed us out for our lackadaisical performance on Saturday. They drilled all three teams hard on fundamentals. My teammates and I worked hard to prepare for our next game.

We were playing Purdue here in State College. The game was going to be Senior Day, the last time our seniors would play in front of a home crowd. Purdue was 6-4 and unranked. They had a dominating defense along with a strong but inconsistent offense. Purdue allowed too many penalties and had too many fumbles. We expected to win as long as we played smart disciplined football.

The week flew by between classes, studying, film sessions, football practices and team meetings. I was busy all the time but I didn't feel as stressed about everything as I had the previous month. Coach Paterno's advice about time management and organization really helped me get my act together.


Coach Burton called Zack Hayes, Dominic 'Cuch' Cuchiella, Jay Nicholson, Jelani Hill and me in to see him after practice on Friday. He went over the plans for us to guide the potential recruits over the weekend. Charles Taylor and Adam Owens were visiting in addition to Jake Kring and my brother Andy. The recruits and their parents were due to meet Coach Burton at 10:30 tomorrow morning.

Zack, Cuch and I were the primary guides. Jay and Jelani would look after the recruits during the game preparations and the game itself. Jelani was available since he strained ligaments in his knee last weekend and wasn't allowed to suit up for the game. The trainers expected him to be ready to play for the last game next weekend. Jay, of course, was always free to help with recruits since he was red-shirting this year. Jay had done this duty every home game weekend this fall.

After dinner I went over to the Lasch Building to study video. I did my daily workout later in the evening. My left knee, the one with the surgically repaired ACL, was a little sore before I started. It was extremely sore by the time I was done. I checked the trainer's room when I finished my workout. The trainers had gone home already. I decided to see them in the morning.

I woke up to the sound of the wind howling outside my dorm. I peeked through the curtains to see bad weather had moved in overnight. Heavy gray clouds hung low, covering the view of Mount Nittany from my window. The wind was blowing into Happy Valley from the east. The rain was coming down steadily. It wasn't going to be a receiver's kind of day. It wasn't going to be a good day for me either. Catching kick offs and punts in this wind was going to be interesting.

My knee wasn't quite as sore as the previous evening, but it still ached. I went straight over to the Lasch Building after breakfast. I went to see the trainers. Mr. Burgess, the head trainer, was busy. Jason Pennington saw me. Jason asked, "What's up, Kyle?"

"My knees started bothering me last night. I thought I should have someone look at it to make sure it is OK."

Jason said, "Hop up on the table. I'll take a look." I climbed up on the examination table. I propped my left leg up on the table. "What seems to be the problem?" He looked at the scars on my knee from my ACL surgery.

"This knee started to hurt last night," I explained. "I'm a little worried that I might have done something to it when I was working out." I described what the pain felt like. Jason smiled at me.

"It started last evening?" Jason asked. I nodded. Jason probed my knee with his hands. "Things feel proper, Kyle." He said after the examination.

I asked, "What's going on with it?"

"I believe you just became a weather forecaster."

"Huh?"

"Your knee was predicting the storm that came in early this morning. It is common with bone injuries to see this. The ends of the bones have a high density of nerve endings. They are more sensitive to changes in barometric pressure than before your injury."

I asked, "I lost my ACL. I didn't have a bone injury. Why is this happening?"

"The surgeon who repaired your ACL had to drill holes in your femur and tibia to attach the replacement. That's the bone injury. I should know." Jason pointed down to his right knee. I'd never noticed the three scars on his knee. "I ruptured my ACL five years ago in a skiing accident. I took a couple Tylenol last night. They helped me. Would you like some?"

"Sure." I took the pills.

"Your knee should be fine soon, Kyle. Mine stops aching when the storm arrives." Jason explained.

"Thanks, Jason," I said. I headed off to the player's lounge to relax until it was time to meet Dad, Andy and the other recruits. The Tylenol helped the ache in my knee. It felt OK by the time I went over to the reception area to meet my Dad and brother.

One family was waiting in the reception area when I got there fifteen minutes before the appointed time. They were an African-American family – mother, father and son. The son was probably around 6'-0" tall and muscular. He certainly spent a considerable amount of time in the weight room. He probably out-weighed me 20-25 pounds. I guessed he was a linebacker, fullback or tight end from his size and appearance. Coach Burton hadn't told me what positions the recruits played.

Dad and Andy arrived about five minutes later. Andy gave me an exaggerated hand clasp, arm grasp and shake. He grinned and said, "God! It's good to see you, Kyle."

"You too." I took a good look at my brother. He looked more mature than he had when I left home a few months ago. He had put on some more muscle since the summer. His face was a little fuller. You could finally see that he shaved.

Dad extended his arms to me and asked, "Do you have a hello for your father?"

"Sure," I answered. I walked the few steps to Dad. I offered my hand for a handshake.

Dad frowned a little. "Don't I get a hug after all this time?"

Jake Kring and his parents walked in just as Dad asked. I protested halfheartedly, "That's embarrassing." I accepted his hug. Man, it felt good to be with my family again. I briefly let myself be transported back in time – back to when I was a small child encircled in the protective arms of his father. I stiffened a little and Dad let me go.

"It's good to see you again, Kyle," Dad said. He looked me over. "You look like you're in good health. I can see they have had you working out."

"The trainers have me on a new workout plan," I answered. "You've seen the weight room."

I greeted Mr. and Mrs. Kring and my friend Jake. We introduced ourselves to the Taylors, the family that had arrived first. The son, Charles Jr., was a running back. Everyone was surprised when we found out we were all from Lancaster County. Charles played for McCaskey, the high school in Lancaster City. McCaskey was in a different league than us since the school was about 3-4 times larger than ours.

The last family arrived as we finished introductions. Adam Owens, from Cherry Hill, New Jersey showed up with his dad, William. Adam was a tall guy – my height and probably outweighed me by 20-25 pounds. He plays linebacker. The recruits and their families headed inside to see Coach Burton. I waited in the reception area for the other guides to arrive. We weren't expected to be needed for 15-20 minutes.

Zack, Jay, Cuch, Jelani and I hung out while we waited for Coach Burton to finish. The recruits, their families, us guides and the coaches headed for the Training Table for lunch with the team. Coach Burton teased Dad that if he had showed up alone he would have been invited to dine with the team for free. Since Andy was on an unofficial visit, Dad had to pay for his own and Andy's lunch. Dad didn't mind. He only paid $10 for his and Andy's lunches because I lived in the residence halls.

Zack, Cuch and I headed for the Lasch Building to rejoin the team while Jay and Jelani took the parents and recruits on an abbreviated tour of campus. They showed them the facilities in Pollock Commons and then showed them a typical dorm room – Jay's. It was cleaned and spruced up especially for the parents.

Crowds of fans were heading for the stadium dressed in every manner of rain coat, poncho and overcoat. The wind and rain was going to make conditions miserable for fan and player alike.

The recruits caught up with the team just before we went outside for warm-ups. No one stayed out any longer than necessary to prepare to play. The temperature was in the low 40's. Low gray clouds hung just above the stadium. The rain, driven by the swirling winds, continued.

Coach Ferguson called me and my back-up return men over for a final conference before the start of the game. My orders were to ensure the safety of the ball above everything else. Take no chances. Coach Ferguson expected the result of the game would be determined by which team made the fewest mistakes. He wanted special teams to play mistake free.

All seniors on the team were introduced to the crowd that day since it was Senior Day and it was their last game at Beaver Stadium. The crowd cheered them as they were introduced one by one. The crowd cheered loudest for our captains, Bo Cherry, Aaron Morano and Antwaan Booker.

Purdue won the coin toss and chose to receive the kickoff. Coach Burton was pleased to be able to choose the goal to defend. He felt it was more important to have the wind at your back at the end of the game. He chose to defend our west goal line. I watched as Cooper Barnes' kick-off died in the wind over the ten yard line. Wind pushed it away from the returner. He was fortunate that the ball rolled into end zone. We could easily have tackled him inside their 5 yard line after he picked up the ball.

Purdue liked to pass the ball normally. Our scouting of them showed they passed 60% of the plays. The Boilermakers did run the ball effectively when they tried in past games. Their first three plays were runs, netting them 11 yards and another series of downs. Purdue thought they could fool our secondary with a pass on first down. Hah! Their receiver had to knock the ball out of Aaron's hands to prevent an interception. The QB's second down pass sailed in the wind, badly missing any receiver.

Coach Ferguson called me over to talk. He warned me that I should line up five yards deeper than usual and that it was perfectly acceptable to signal for a fair catch. The most important thing was to secure the ball or to get out of the way and let the Boilermakers down the ball so we got possession. When I looked back at the field I saw our defensive linemen getting up off of Purdue's runner. They tried a draw. Karol, Antwaan and Mehmed gang tackled him for no gain.

I lined up on our 24 yard line the way Coach Ferguson directed. The punt sailed high. I backed up another five yards before I realized that it was still over my head. I bailed out and let Purdue down the ball where ever they could. We got possession at our 14 yard line. Coach Ferguson congratulated me when I got to the sideline for using good judgment on not fielding the ball.

Our coaches chose to keep the ball on the ground as much as possible in the first quarter. We made a couple first downs but couldn't score. We punted the ball back to Purdue.

The first half continued the way it started. Each team forced to rely on the running game. Each made some yards but couldn't sustain a drive. The Boilermakers tried passing more often than us. Our first break came when Cuch managed to intercept one of their passes and give us good field position on Purdue's 41 yard line just before the end of the first quarter.

Zack and the offense ran it up the middle for a play and then let the clock run out on the first quarter. Shawn O'Conner carried a couple times off tackle. The coaches decided to take a chance now that the wind was at our back. Purdue bit on the play action fake on the next play. Zack delivered the ball to Bo Cherry 12 yard down field. Bo broke the first tackle and was shoved out of bounds at the 12 yard line. We couldn't punch the ball into the end zone and had to accept a field goal.

Cooper Barnes put the kickoff into the end zone after our score. Purdue's returner surprised us when he decided to run the ball out even though his helper was frantically signaling for him to down the ball. I think some of our tacklers let up on the play. He broke through the first line of tacklers and streaked down the sideline past me. Leslie Jones finally caught him and shoved him out of bounds on our 37 yard line.

Purdue ran the ball a few plays and then tried a pass. The ball would have been incomplete except that Vic Samovitz slipped after the QB launched the ball down the field. The receiver was able to adjust to the under thrown ball without interference, make the catch and then head for the end zone. Yasin Clark wasn't able to catch him before he scored a touchdown.

That was all the scoring for the first half. We went into the locker room down 7-3. The coaches preached patience. The team that won was going to be the team that worked hardest and wanted the win the most. Coach Atkins challenged the defensive line to take control of the line of scrimmage. He planned to freely substitute back-ups to keep everyone fresh throughout the game.

Coach Valdez talked with our offensive line. The group had been our least experienced group on the team at the beginning of the year. They had only one senior and no starters from last year in their group. They had played together for ten games, improving steadily all season. Coach Valdez reminded them that all those Thursday film study and food sessions were focused on games like today (film study to get smart and lots of catered food to help them bulk up to play in the Big Ten). Today was their opportunity to win the game for the team. The offensive line went back on the field fired up to kick some ass.

Coach Ferguson told me to keep doing what I did in the first half. Keep the ball safe and don't try to do too much. I did what I was told, secretly wishing that I could have an opportunity to do more for my team.

I got my wish on the kick-off to start the second half. The wind slowed just as Purdue's kicker launched the ball down to me. I drifted back a few yards from my normal 5 yard line starting spot and caught the ball. I advanced up the field to get behind my blocking wedge. Purdue's wedge busters didn't let themselves get pushed aside. I followed the wedge for a couple seconds until I could see that a hole wasn't there. I headed right behind Josh Bruno's block on the right end of the wedge. Tyler Madden had pushed the gunner on the right past me.

I shot past the mayhem on the wedge and sprinted for the right side line. I had two tacklers in front of me and more close behind me. I outran the one tackler to the sideline. I faked a cut back and got past the second guy. The kicker angled over to block me. I straight armed him away towards the sideline. It slowed me just enough for the backside pursuit to tackle me. I went down in a shower of spray to the sloppy ground. I handed the ball to the referee, pleased to see him spot the ball on Purdue's 47 yard line. Zack gave me a pat on the butt and a "Way to go, Kyle." when we passed on the field.

The offensive line met Coach Valdez's challenge. They dominated Purdue's defense, opening big holes for Shawn O'Conner, Wyatt Smith and my roommate, Damian Thompson, to exploit. Shawn and Wyatt concentrated on the off-tackle and outside runs. Damian was our pile driver. He knocked over or carried the tacklers for 6-7 yards on each carry. Our offense needed nine plays to drive the ball into the end zone. Cooper Barnes managed to kick the PAT into the wind to bring our lead to 10-7 Penn State.

Purdue continued to try to run a mix of passes and running plays. Our defense wasn't impressed. Antwaan and company kept the runners bottled up. Aaron, Cuch, Vic and Yasin knocked all but one pass down. The one completion they had was on a screen pass. Pete Klein tackled the receiver for a loss of two yards. Purdue punted the ball back to me. I had to fair catch it.

The third quarter continued with both teams stalemated. We traded possession of the ball back and forth without either team scoring. I had a single punt return in the quarter for twelve yards.

Steve Cobb had a bad punt about three minutes before the end of the third quarter. The ball went out of bounds on our 42 yard line. The Boilermakers played with urgency, knowing that they would lose the wind advantage shortly. They managed to push down to our 17 yard line. They tried one pass into the end zone with seconds left in the third quarter. No one caught it. They chose to kick a field goal on third down so their kicker could try the field goal with the wind at his back. He made the field goal to tie the game 10-10.

Purdue still had a couple seconds left in the third quarter when they kicked the ball back to me. It sailed deep into the end zone. Zack and our offense took over on our 20 yard line. Our runners and offensive line were wearing down Purdue's defense. Purdue's defensive line wasn't as big or as deep as ours. They hadn't substituted players throughout the game the way we had.

Our team pounded the ball at them. It took nine straight running plays to drive down to Purdue's 24 yard line. Purdue tried a run blitz and caught Shawn in the backfield for a loss. Two incomplete passes followed. Cooper Barnes attempted a 41 yard field goal with the wind at his back. A gust hung it up and pushed it wide to the left of the goal post.

Our defense was fired up. They stuffed three straight running plays by Purdue's tailback. Coach Ferguson had me line up on the midfield marker. Purdue's punt hung up in the wind and fluttered down in front of me. I waved for a fair catch, advanced half a dozen yards and caught the ball. We had the ball on Purdue's 44 yard line.

Shawn O'Conner was tired from carrying most of the offensive load in the third quarter. They sent in Damian Thompson to take his place. Zack handed the ball off to Damian for inside run after inside run. Our bigger offensive line finally wore out the Purdue line. Damian's 4-5 yard runs turned into 6-8 yard runs. We drove down the field gaining increasingly larger chunks of yardage. At the 12 yard line Damian broke through the line, flattened the middle linebacker, and dragged the free safety into the end zone to score a touchdown. Coop managed to send the PAT through the uprights to bring the score to 17-10 Penn State.

The game had four and a half minutes left, but we had broken Purdue's spirit. They tried a few runs and punted the ball back to us. Wyatt, Damian and Shawn took turns pounding Purdue's defense until time ran out on the clock.

It had been a tough, sloppy, physical game. We had persevered and ended up victorious. You would have thought we had won the national championship from the way my teammates and I whopped and hollered when the game was over. This had been a satisfying win.

We gathered to shake hands with the Purdue players quickly so we could get inside to dry off and warm up. The weather conditions had made this a brutal day to spend 3 ½ hours outside. My hot shower felt great.

Damian was ecstatic at his performance in the game. He had his first collegiate touchdown. The coaches trusted him with the ball when the game was on the line. Damian could have a chance to get a scholarship if he could maintain this level of play.

Reporters crowded around the usual lockers – Zack's, Antwaan's, Pete's, Karol's, and Aaron's. I was dressing when the recruits came in with Jay and Jelani. Charles and Adam hung back on the side watching the commotion in a college locker room after a win. Andy and Jake weren't bashful. They came right over to my locker.

Jake announced, "That game sucked."

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"I expected to see the great Zack Hayes air it out some." Jake said. Jake gave me a wink. He was only teasing.

Andy added, "The weather was bad today."

"The wind dictated things for us," I explained.

"I couldn't believe how the wind pushed the punts and kicks around," Andy said. "I was glad I wasn't out there trying to catch'em."

"I didn't catch very many today," I explained. "My coach wanted me to play it careful." Jake, Andy and I continued talking about the game. Charles and Adam, the other two recruits lost some of their bashfulness. They hesitantly joined in our conversation, offering their perspective on the game.

After a couple minutes, Charles asked, "You know that running back that scored the last touchdown?"

"Sure, he's Damian," I answered. "He's my roommate."

"I thought he did a really good job in the fourth quarter. Do you think I could meet him?" Charles asked.

"Sure," I answered. I yelled down the row of lockers to my roomie. "Damian. You got a fan here. Do you mind talking with him?"

"Sure," Damian replied. "Send him down." I walked down the row with Charles and introduced them. Damian happily recounted his afternoon carry by carry to an appreciative audience.

Mr. Montgomery, the reporter from the Lancaster evening newspaper, stopped by to say hi the way he usually does. He talked with Charles, Andy and Jake for a few minutes about recruiting and what their plans were for college.

Zack needed a half hour to dress and satisfy all the reporters surrounding him. Our group found the parents hanging out with Coach Schroeder and Coach Czarwinski in a meeting room. The recruits and their families were going over to Innovation Park to their hotel to dry off, freshen up and change for dinner. Coach Burton and his staff were taking the parents to dinner. Zack, Cuch and I would meet the recruits in an hour at the Lasch Building.

Cuch and I helped Zack and Aaron with party preparations while we waited for the recruits to return. Zack and I brought our cars over from long term parking to the Lasch Building to meet the recruits. The weather wasn't fit for a long walk to a restaurant downtown tonight.

The parents headed to dinner with the coaching staff in two university vans. We agreed on the State College Diner for our meal. Zack and I loaded up our recruits and friends. Zack took Charles, Adam, Jay and Cuch. Damian rode up front with me while Jake and Andy sat in the back. I followed Zack across campus. We parked in the parking lot behind the Hammond Building. Nobody bothered you about parking in restricted parking lots over the weekend. We made our way across College Avenue to the Diner.

The Diner put a few tables together so our whole group could sit together. Zack ordered Mozzarella Sticks, Onions Rings and a pound of Cheese fries for appetizers. Why not? The university was paying for everyone's dinner except Andy's. Dad told me to put Andy's dinner on my credit card. He'd pay the bill to keep us legal with the NCAA recruiting rules.

Zack, Cuch, Damian and I talked about our experiences with Penn State. We got to know Charles and Adam better. Charles played for McCaskey High School in Lancaster City. He was their feature tailback. McCaskey played in a league of schools larger than ours. Charles was shocked when Andy and I told him both of us made the varsity squad as freshmen. McCaskey's team had around 50 members. Normally they had 3-4 sophomores on varsity and the rest of the team were juniors and seniors. The Wolverines never could have fielded a team like that. We'd have been short about 15 people if we didn't use younger guys on varsity.

Adam played linebacker for the Camden Catholic Fighting Irish. He knew he was going to need to add a lot of weight to stay a linebacker in college. He had visited Rutgers, Temple and Maryland this fall. A couple of the schools he visited suggested that he probably would be better playing at strong safety in college. That's probably why Coach Burton included Cuch among the guides. Cuch was our strong safety. His position is called the "hero" at Penn State.

Zack and Jay spent most of dinner talking with about the Wolverines' season. The team was undefeated and the number one seed in the playoffs for south central Pennsylvania. Jay quizzed Jake about his experiences as a quarterback. Jay was surprised that Jake had only started for eleven games in his career.

"How in the hell did you get good enough to put up the numbers you have this season?" Jay asked. "Did Zack help you learn the position?"

Jake looked a little embarrassed at the questions. "Sort of, but not really. Zack helped me get started. I owe a lot more to Kyle, Ed and Jeremy. I worked with Zack an afternoon a week for a couple months when I was in eighth grade. I worked with the other guys for three full years." Jake went on to explain about the winter and spring training sessions my best friend Ed Fritz, Jeremy North and I ran in the winter and spring each season. Jake let slip that I had played quarterback too.

"Kyle? A quarterback?" Jay exclaimed. "You're kidding right?"

"No. I was the #3 QB on the team for two seasons," I answered. "I was just there for emergencies."

"Did you ever get in a game?" Jay asked.

"Once. Ed was sick and Jake got a concussion on a sack," I explained. "I played for one quarter. I wasn't anything special. I was 4 for 7 for 67 yards, a touchdown and no interceptions."

"That doesn't sound too bad," Jay said.

"Kyle's being modest," Andy added. "You've got what? 8 touchdowns passing in high school, I think."

"It wasn't that big a deal," I said. "Most of them were on a reverse option play our team had."

"It sounds pretty impressive," Jay said. "Why don't we run that play, Zack?"

"I've been trying to convince Coach Schroeder to do that," Zack answered.

Our dinners arrived so all of us concentrated on our food for awhile. The conversation flowed as we ate our meals. Most of us ordered the burgers that the Diner was noted for – a ½ pound of meat on a huge roll. They were fabulous. Zack, Cuch, Jay, Damian and I talked about all the things we liked about playing at Penn State. The recruits seemed to enjoy dinner. We finished dinner by getting grilled stickies for everyone.

We found the rain had stopped when we came outside. Cuch, Jay and Damian took the recruits on a tour of the eastern part of the campus while Zack and I took our cars back to the Nittany Apartments. We were going to meet the recruits at Zack's apartment.

Zack and Evan made sure the refrigerator and bar was well stocked with drinks. Jake Washington had music playing in the living room. Aaron and Tania laid out a fine spread of snacks for our friends.

Cuch, Jay and Damian showed up with our prospects. Billy Robinson hooked up with the group too. Damian and Billy had become best friends in the past couple months. I envied Damian's friendship with Billy. I had no one here that was as close as Ed and I had been growing up.

Zack warned the recruits that one beer was their limit of the evening. He didn't want anyone getting in trouble with their parents when they got back to the hotel.

Friends and teammates started arriving around 8 pm. Karol Ziska and Cuch entertained Adam Owens. Jay and Zack entertained Jake Kring. Damian introduced Charles to Shawn O'Conner, Vlad Lazlo and Wyatt Smith. I took Andy around to meet Bo Cherry, Aidan Nagy, Anders Voight and some of the other receivers on our team.

Anders quizzed Andy about how his season was going. Anders asked, "What kind of record have you got this year, Andy?"

Andy said, "77 catches for 1,605 yards with 27 touchdowns. Doesn't that beat your record last year, Kyle?" Andy grinned at me.

"I think I had 74 catches for 1,643 yards," I replied. "I scored 27 touchdowns in the regular season."

"That's pretty much a wash for receiving," Bo said. "Kyle's racked up a lot of yards on returns. Do you do returns too, Andy?"

"No, just punts now. I did both my first two years on varsity." Andy looked at me and asked, "How many yards you have this season?"

"I haven't seen my stats for today," I answered. "I think with today's game I should be close to 2,000 yards for the season."

"Imagine what it would be like to have both of you here next season," Anders said. "We'd have a hell of an offense."

"I'm only a junior in high school," Andy explained. "I can't play college ball next season. This is an unofficial visit for me."

Christian and Bev joined our little group. Christian and Andy entertained the guys talking about the rivalry between Central and the Wolverines over the past few years. I circulated around the apartment to see how the other recruits were doing.

Zack, Jay, and Jake were flirting with the bevy of babes that Zack attracted. Charles, Shawn and Damian were talking about some of the finer points of blocking. I moved on to check out how Adam was. He, Cuch, Pete and Pete's girlfriend Haley were keeping Adam entertained.

I was watching for Johara Sofay. She wanted to take me to bed with her sometime. I wasn't ready three weeks ago when I was first available. The break up with Penny was too fresh then. I still hurt from the break up, but I was willing to sleep with her to help lessen the pain from losing my long-time girlfriend. I couldn't find Johara so I headed to the kitchen for another can of Pepsi.

I found Johara when I came out of the kitchen. She was pressed up against the back of my brother, her arms wrapped around him. As I approached them from behind., Johara cooed in Andy's ear, "Hi big guy. You haven't gotten back with your ex-girlfriend have you?"

Andy answered, "Girlfriend? No."

"Good! I'd like to take you upstairs." She slid her hand down to Andy's waist. Andy shuddered as Johara apparently grasped his cock. "I'd like you to fuck me with this big gun of yours."

"Ummmm ... Uh, yeah!" Andy stammered. I circled around to the side of the couple and cleared my throat. Andy turned to face the temptress.

"You're not, Kyle," Johara exclaimed.

"Johara, I see you've met my brother, Andy," I explained. Johara stared at me and then back at Andy. She let go of Andy's hardness. "Andy, this is Johara Safay, a friend of mine."

"It's nice to meet you," Andy stammered. Andy's erection bulged out the front of his pants. Johara definitely had his motor running. She carefully appraised Andy before looking back at me.

I knew Johara had a thing for younger guys. Andy fit the bill exactly for some fun tonight. Andy's opportunities to sleep with a girl were few and far between back home since he got Crystal pregnant with the twins a year ago. Johara silently asked permission to delay our rejoining until another weekend. I smiled and nodded yes to her unspoken question.

Johara put her hand on Andy's cheek. "Do you want to go upstairs with me, Andy? I think we could have some fun together tonight."

"Umm ... yeah ... Yeah!" Andy stammered.

"Don't forget your curfew tonight, bro," I explained. "I have to take you and the other recruits back to the hotel at a quarter to twelve."

"I'll have him ready to go then Kyle," Johara promised. "Don't worry."

I leaned in close to Andy and whispered, "Do you have protection?" Andy nodded his head no. I pulled two of my three condoms out of my pocket and slipped them to my brother. "Have fun." Andy grinned.

Johara linked arms with my brother and dragged him over to Zack's crowd. She whispered into Zack's ear, got a nod yes and then she dragged Andy upstairs to enjoy some her Lebanese charms.

I sat down on the couch with Anders. Anders shook his head and said, "Damn! That's a hell of a way to be recruited. Did that ever happen to you?"

I smiled. "Just one time in five visits. It was here at Penn State and the girl was Johara."

Anders and I talked for a few minutes about our experiences with Johara. He had taken her to bed more than once. Anders commented, "I hope your brother remembered condoms. You know how she likes to do it bareback."

I explained about Andy getting Crystal pregnant last year and being the father of twin boys. I explained, "Andy's cock doesn't come out of his pants anymore without a condom on it. He learned his lesson."

"That's a good lesson to have learned." Anders scanned around the room. "You and I better mingle or all we get tonight are the palms of our hands." Anders stood up.

"I know what you mean. That's probably all I'll get. I'm the designated driver for the recruits."

"Tough luck, Kyle," Anders said. "I'll catch you later." He headed off to join a knot of good looking girls across the room.

I headed over to join Zack's congregation of guys and good looking girls. We talked and flirted with each other. We passed the time pleasantly. Eventually Zack made his choice of bedmate for the evening. He chose Brianna Peterson. Zack and Brianna stopped by and talked to Evan before they disappeared to his bedroom in the back on the first floor.

"Doesn't anyone want another drink?" Kimberly Frey asked. "I'm going to the kitchen." She took requests from the others in our group. Kimberly grabbed me as she left. "I can use a hand, Kyle." I went willingly.

When we got to the kitchen Kimberly asked, "What's the story on Jake? Maria thinks he's cute." I gave Kimberly a brief outline of Jake's history. Kimberly said, "No. Maria wants to know if the kid is any good in bed."

"In bed? I wouldn't know. I've never gone to bed with him." I grinned at my teasing.

"No. What kind of reputation does he have in high school? Does he have a clue how to satisfy a girl?"

I got serious. "Jake doesn't have a reputation among the girls in school. He dated the same girl from ninth grade until I graduated last spring."

"That doesn't answer my question. How is he in bed?"

"All I can say is that his girlfriend seemed to enjoy her time with him. Jake and Morgan were in my group of friends that went on coed camping trips. From the sounds coming from their tent at night, Morgan seemed to enjoy being with Jake."

"Does he know about your ... um, techniques?"

"The first trip together was a ten day canoe trip in Canada. We guys did talk about techniques around the campfire. I know the girls on the trip compared notes. Morgan was satisfied so I'm sure Jake is quite competent in bed."

"That'll do for Maria," Kimberly replied. We gathered up the requested drinks and rejoined our circle of friends. I noticed Kimberly give Maria a nod. Maria became noticeably more affectionate towards Jake. I also noticed Jay and Rachel Moore had disappeared. After some whispering and a little light kissing Maria led Jake off to get his bell rung.

Kimberly cuddled up to me. "What do you think, Kyle? Do you want to have some fun tonight?"

I gave her a quick kiss. "I'd love that but I have to drive the recruits back to their hotel in 45 minutes."

"We could find a room for a quick one now and then get together again when you are done." Kimberly gave me a hard kiss with some tongue. I wrapped my arms around her as we continued the deep kiss.

When we finally broke for a breath I said, "Yes. I'd like that."

We hurried to the back bedrooms. I knew Jake Kring and Maria had one of the bedrooms. I could hear Zack and Briana in Evan's room. We hurried upstairs. I heard the sound of my brother fucking as soon as we crested the stairs. I'd heard that sound a hundred times before back home through the thin wall that separated Andy's bedroom from mine. He and Johara were in Zack's bedroom.

To our immense disappointment we found that Aaron and Tania were in Aaron's bedroom. Kimberly and I leaned against the wall beside the bathroom door making out passionately. Hopefully one of the rooms would free up soon and we could finish what we were starting.

Kissing escalated to us feeling up each other. We grinned to each other when we overheard Andy grunt as he came in Johara. Unfortunately Johara quickly got Andy's motor running again. They went for round two while Kimberly and I steamed in the hallway. We could hear Aaron patiently making love to his long-time girlfriend.

I glanced down at my watch. "Shit! We only have twenty minutes left." I grumbled.

"Bathroom!" Kimberly groaned as she pushed me in the door. "I can't wait until you get back."

Kimberly stripped while I closed and locked the door. Kimberly pulled down my pants and boxers while I took my shirt off. I kicked my sneakers off and stepped out of the pile of clothes at my feet.

I backed Kimberly up to the vanity and kissed her hard. She wrapped her arms around me and pulled me against her naked body. Our tongues dueled as we caressed each other's bodies. Kimberly was anxious to take advantage of the little time we had left. She pushed me away and grabbed my hard cock.

"I'm ready, Kyle," Kimberly murmured lustily.

"Let's not hurry," I suggested. I pushed Kimberly back against the vanity and kneeled between her outspread legs. I pried Kimberly's outer labia apart, revealing her slippery pink inner lips. I twirled my tongue around the rim of her love hole and then licked up her slot to her clit. I worked my tongue up and down. Kimberly ran her hands through my hair as she moaned and sighed.

The bathroom was too small for us to lie down while we had intercourse. I knew from past experience I couldn't bring Kimberly to orgasm with just plain screwing. I wanted to get her worked up now so she'd enjoy our coupling. I spent a couple minutes using my tongue to bathe her womanhood.

When Kimberly's breathing got ragged, I slipped one finger into her pussy while I diddled her clitoris. Her hole was dripping. I slipped a second finger into Kim, curled both fingers and probed for her G-spot. Kimberly gasped when I found it a few seconds later. I rubbed it while I licked around her clitoris. Kimberly quivered for a few seconds. I sucked on the tip of her clitoris.

Kimberly screeched, "Aaaeeeeiiii..." Her pussy throbbed around my fingers. Her sweet juices poured out. I lapped some juices up. Kimberly groaned and pushed my head away. "Ohhhh ... Too ... Much ... unnngh..."

I pulled away and watched Kimberly convulse as her orgasm shook her to the core. I pulled a condom from my pocket and slipped it over my erection while Kimberly slowly recovered her senses.

I stood and hugged Kimberly to my body while she recovered. I gave her gentle kisses on the neck and cheek. After a bit Kimberly started returning the kisses. I asked, "Are you ready to get stuffed with my manhood?"

"Fuck yeah!" Kimberly replied eagerly.

"How do you want to do this?"

"Why don't you take me from the back, Kyle?"

Kimberly turned around to face the mirror. She leaned over the vanity counter and placed on foot on the toilet lid to give me better access. She pushed her ass outward towards me, inviting me to slip into her moist pussy. I lined up and sank my sheathed cock quickly into her hot tunnel.

I began pumping my cock in and out of Kimberly's sweet pussy. She stared at us in the mirror. I watched too. I'd never seen myself fucking before. It was a huge turn on! Her tits swayed back and forth as I thrust. They jiggled every time I hit bottom.

Kimberly's face was a mix of agitation and expectation. My hands were on her hips to steady her while I humped her.

This was going to be my first cum in a couple days. The dulling of the sensation caused by the condom didn't slow my orgasm. Fortunately Kimberly reached down and began to play with her clit while we fucked. Her fingers, her orgasm a few minutes ago combined with the stimulation from my cock was enough to set her off again.

Kimberly groaned and came hard. Her pussy clenched around my hard rod. I pushed in once and pulled part way out. The pulsing from her pussy was too much for me. I pushed in hard and grunted. My jism spewed from my cock. Pulse after pulse until I drained myself into the piece of latex protecting Kimberly and me. I collapsed on her back when I was spent.

Kimberly pushed me off her back. I backed up and leaned against the door while I recovered. Kimberly leaned on the sink while she came down from her sexual high. After about thirty seconds my breathing returned close to normal. I pulled the used condom off my limp cock, knotted it and threw it in the trash can.

I glanced at my watch. It was a quarter to twelve now. "I got to run, Kim. Do you still want to get together again after I take the recruits back to the hotel?"

"I'd love that, Kyle. I hope this was just a warm up for tonight."

"I'd like that," I answered. I dressed quickly. Kimberly was half dressed when I was ready to go. "I hate to screw and run like this. I'll see you in twenty or thirty minutes."

"I'll be waiting. I'll see if I can get us a bedroom so we don't have to hurry."

"I'll stop by my room on the way back and pick up more condoms," I added. "I gave a couple to my brother. The one we just used was my last one I had with me."

"You don't have to do that, Kyle. I'm on the pill."

"I like to be extra safe, Kim."

"I'll get more from Zack," Kimberly offered. "I'm sure he'd loan us some. Come straight back here. I want you as soon as possible."

"You got it, babe," I answered. Andy and Johara were finished. Zack's bedroom door was hanging open. I hurried downstairs to find my charges. Charles, Adam, Andy and Jake were all hanging out at the table of snacks. The guys followed me out to my car. Andy, Jake and Adam squeezed into the back seat of my VW Golf. Charles, the largest of the four, took shotgun. I hurried back to the hotel.

All the guys said they had a fun evening. Jake was kind of zoned out, but with a permanent smile on his face. Andy didn't have much to say. He looked like Johara had turned him six ways to Sunday. I dropped the kids off in front of the hotel. "See you guys at breakfast tomorrow.

Charles, Adam and Jake headed inside. Andy hung by my car. He asked, "Are you going back to the party?"

"Yeah. I have a hot date. Umm ... Actually I'm going to finish a hot date."

"That Johara is really hot," Andy said. "Have you ever done her?"

"Yes, two years ago when I came for my unofficial visit," I answered.

"I thought you had from the way she talked with you."

"You did use the condoms right?"

"Of course! I'm not an idiot," Andy insisted.

"She isn't on the pill. It's good you did. She enjoys her sex dangerous."

"Are you kidding? That's really fucked up. I'd never want to risk that again."

"I guessed you'd feel that way since you got Crystal pregnant."

"That's probably the part you won't understand," Andy answered. "I'm not sorry I got her pregnant anymore."

"Huh?"

"I wouldn't have Noah and Connor if Crystal and I didn't have the accident. I understand what Mom and Dad say about us. I love my boys unconditionally. I wouldn't change anything that happened."

"Wow," I answered.

"I don't want more kids now. Not a chance. I just wouldn't change anything that gave me my sons."

"I guess," I answered.

"You'll understand someday when you have your own kids, Kyle."

"Someday. I've got to run, Andy. See you at breakfast." Andy waved to me as I pulled away from the hotel entrance. I parked my car in the East Parking Deck and hurried back to Zack's apartment.

Kimberly answered the door when I knocked. She had her coat on. She turned me around when I started in the door.

"Where are we going?" I asked. "Your room?"

"No. You have a really sweet roommate. Damian is going to crash at his friend's room tonight so we can have some privacy."

"Cool," I declared. The two of us hurried back to Hartranft Hall. We took the steps to get to my room faster. We were too impatient to wait for an elevator.

I closed the curtains, turned on a desk light and turned off the overhead light to improve the mood in the room. We stripped quickly. We lay down on my bed and made out for a bit to get back in the spirit of the evening.

I slipped a condom on my hard seven incher when Kimberly said she was ready for more action. We decided some deep penetration would be fun so I hoisted Kimberly's ankles on my shoulders, lined up and speared her with my phallus. Kimberly grunted when my cock head bumped into her cervix.

I started with a slow rhythm, pumping my cock in and out of my ... my ... not lover ... um, my companion? I humped in and tried to grind on her clit as we fucked. I dismissed my momentary thought about not loving Kimberly. She was a nice girl and a damn good fuck. That was enough tonight.

The latex sheath over my cock and the fact that I came earlier in the night allowed me to continuing thrusting a long time. I managed to bring Kim to a couple orgasms before I orgasmed. When the feeling came I thrust hard into Kimberly's pussy, held my cock tight against her cervix and spewed another load of cum into the condom. I collapsed onto Kimberly, rolled us on our sides and held her while I recovered.

We cuddled for a few minutes. Kimberly glanced up at my clock. It was 12:45 in the morning. "Maybe I should go now," she suggested. "It's getting late."

"You can if you want," I answered. "You can spend the night with me. I'd like that."

"You're sweet, Kyle. You know just the right thing to say to a girl. I accept your invitation to spend the night," Kimberly answered. I let her borrow my robe to go to the bathroom to clean up. I did the same when she came back to my room. The two of us spooned together on my bed and fell into a delightful sleep.

Kimberly woke me accidentally when she had to go to the bathroom early in the morning. I thought about how great it felt when I was screwing her last night. I had a raging hard-on when she came back to bed. Kimberly spooned with me when she climbed back in bed. She backed into my erection immediately.

Kimberly whispered to me, "You're excited again. Do you want another screw?"

"I wouldn't complain," I answered. Kimberly rolled over to face me. We started kissing. Passions escalated within a few minutes. I played with her soft breasts. I slipped a hand down to her womanhood after a couple minutes and gradually worked her to readiness.

"I'm ready Kyle," Kimberly whispered. "Do you want on top?"

"Let's do this on our sides," I answered. "It's a nice slow way to share our bodies." I grabbed a condom from my bolster and sheathed my cock. Kimberly rolled on her side facing away from me. I spooned with Kim. She propped one leg up and helped me position my cock at her entrance. I slowly thrust into her. I wrapped my arms around Kim and slowly thrust my cock in and withdrew. We coupled for probably ten minutes or so. Kimberly slipped a hand down between her legs to play with her clitoris. She squealed and came between the stimulation from my cock and from her finger on her clit.

The feeling of her pussy spasming and clenching around my cock pushed me past the edge. I pressed myself deep into Kim and blasted a load of cum into the rubber covering my cock. I held Kimberly against my body and nuzzled her neck. I whispered to her how wonderful she was.

My cock slowly deflated. After a couple minutes I got up to clean up. I removed the used condom and threw it away. I wiped myself off and climbed back in bed with Kimberly. We cuddled together. We were asleep again after a few minutes.

The harsh sound of my alarm woke us at 8 o'clock. Kimberly groggily asked, "Why so early?" as I climbed over her get out of bed.

"I have to meet the recruits and coaches for breakfast this morning. The recruits are working out today."

"Oh."

"You can stay as long as you would like. No one is going to disturb you. I'm going to get a shower before I leave." I threw on my robe and headed across the hall to get a shower.

Kimberly was getting dressed when I got back to my room. "I'm going to head back to my room Kyle," she explained. "Thanks for a fun night. You're really sweet."

I gave her a hug and a kiss. "I enjoyed the evening too. I hope we get to do this again some time." Kimberly returned the kiss and then she left. I finished dressing and headed out for the Lasch Building.

I met Jay Nicholson in the hall at the elevator. I asked, "You going to breakfast with the recruits too?"

"Yeah. Coach Burton always invites me to thank me for helping with the recruits on Saturday during the game. I've made most of the breakfasts."

"Are you helping with the workouts too?"

"Yeah," Jay confirmed.

We walked over to the Lasch Building together. We ran into Zack, Aaron, Jelani and Glenn Korbel outside the Lasch Building. Dermot McMillan (our #2 tight end), Les Jones, and Cuch met us there. Two university vans pulled up a couple minutes later. We joined the coaches for the short ride over to the Penn Stater Hotel.

We had breakfast at the Gardens Restaurant in the hotel. I made sure I ended up sitting with Dad and Andy. Coach Adams joined us at our end of the long table. The Krings sat beside us with Coach Burton and Coach Schroeder on the other side of them.

The restaurant had a nice hot and cold buffet table for us. I took eggs, sausage, home fries and French toast for breakfast. Coach Burton took a look at my big plate of food and asked, "Are you thinking of becoming a tight end next year, Kyle?"

"No coach," I explained. "I need this to keep my energy up between my workout yesterday and working out with these guys this morning."

"Enjoy eating like that while you can, Kyle," Coach Burton said. "You won't be able to do that when you get older." I looked over his plate with a helping of fruit, a piece of toast and a small helping of eggs. That amount of food wouldn't satisfy me for fifteen minutes, much less an entire morning. Coach Burton chuckled and said, "Enjoy your breakfast, Kyle," as I headed back to my seat.

Andy and Jake excitedly filled me in on details of the Wolverines' season that hadn't made the papers or Andy's e-mails. Their team was ranked #1 in the playoff seeding for the district. They faced #16 Daniel Boone High School this coming Friday night.

The recruits, the parents, the coaches, my teammates and I loaded up in two big vans and headed back to the Lasch Building after breakfast. The recruits changed into proper clothes for the workout with us in our locker room. The workout was indoors in Holuba Hall.

The guys were timed in the 40 first. Andy ran a very respectable 4.37 seconds. Charles ran a 4.49 second 40. Jake did it in 4.52 seconds. Adam needed 4.65 seconds to complete the run.

Coach Burton split us up so Zack Hayes would throw to my brother while Aaron covered him. Jake was teamed up with me while Les Jones covered me. Jay was going to throw to Charles while Cuch covered him. Glenn threw to Dermot while Adam tried to cover him.

Coach Peterson, our quarterbacks coach, directed Jake's workout. Coach Peterson assigned Jelani to snap the ball to Jake since he was here and didn't have any other role in the workout.

Jake, Jelani and I gathered to discuss how to beat Les Jones during the passing drill. Jake asked me, "What can you tell me about this d-back, Coach?" Jake was referring to me by my high school nickname. Most of my high school teammates called me 'Coach.'

"Don't call me that here, Jake," I explained. "I haven't earned it."

"Sorry, Kyle," Jake said.

"Here are some things you need to know about Les, the cornerback who is going to cover me. We can't beat him with speed. He's just as fast as me. If you put the ball in the right place you'll be OK. Les isn't much of a threat to make an interception."

Jelani snorted. "Les can't catch for shit!"

"Our timing has to be right," I continued. "Les won't let me uncovered for more than a moment or two. Your best chance for completions will if you fire the ball in on time or if you put it high. I have a 6 inch height advantage on him and I can out-jump him. I'll get the ball if it's a jump ball."

"OK," Jake said. Coach Peterson called the first pass route.

We spent ten or fifteen minutes on routes that Coach Peterson called for us. Jake did well, from my perspective. Jake completed more passes than he missed, probably 2/3 of them. Jake's arm was stronger than I remembered from last season. The ball came in quicker and was dead on target. Jake carried himself differently too. He seemed more decisive, sure of himself than last year.

I asked Coach Peterson, "Could we try some pass routes from our high school? Jake's best at timing routes. It would give you a better idea of what he can do."

Coach answered, "Sure, show us that."

It took Jake a couple throws for us to get in sync again. After that Jake and I connected on nine of ten passes. We left Les in the dust. I was pleased that I could help Jake show my coaches just what he was capable of doing.

I didn't realize that the other recruits had finished their workouts before Jake. They were gathered along the sideline watching us perform. Coach Peterson finally called a halt to the workout. He had seen enough. The coaches had everyone go back to the locker room to clean up and change into regular clothes.

Jelani tapped me on the shoulder as we were walking back to the locker room. "That was good what you did for that kid. You gave him a quick accurate description of Jones' abilities. You made the kid look good for Coach Peterson."

"Thanks," I answered.

"I'm sorry for gettin' in your face last month," Jelani continued. "I thought you was one of them joker types. Didn't take nothin' serious about the game."

I remembered when he hoisted me up by my collar and screamed at me for joking around during practice. It wasn't something I'd forget. I answered, "It's OK, Jelani. I got the message that football is important business around here."

"I thought you were just the QB's pet. You fucked up in the game against Ohio State. I saw how much time you spent after that with Reynolds studying plays. You ain't gotten a swelled head from all the press you been gettin'. That's good."

"I have so much to learn. I'm just trying to do what I can to help out, Jelani."

"Keep it up kid. You'll do OK eventually."

"Thanks, I appreciate you telling me this, Jelani," I said.

"My friends call me J. T.," Jelani explained.

"J. T., my friends call me Kyle."

"Kyle it is," J. T. answered.

We walked back to the locker room together. It felt good that some of the older players were starting to accept me. We showed the recruits around the locker room after we changed. We showed off our weight room too.

Coach Burton, Coach Schroeder and Coach C brought the recruits and the parents to the player's lounge to wait for their turn for a personal interview. Zack, J. T., Aaron, Cuch, Les and Glenn took off. Jay and I hung out with the recruits at the player's lounge.

Andy ended up taking on Jay in pool. Dad saw his opportunity to talk with me alone. We moved down to the far end of the room where we had a little privacy.

Dad asked, "Do you know when you will be home for Thanksgiving?"

"I'm not sure," I explained. "My last class ends at 2:15 on Wednesday afternoon. Normally I meet with my math tutor after that. I'm not sure if he will be around that day or if he is heading home earlier. I'll let you know after I see Kevin tomorrow afternoon."

"How is Math 110 going?" Dad asked. I had kept in touch with Mom and Dad during the term. They knew about my flunking the mid-term last month.

"I'm doing better. I got an 82 on the quiz last week. I expect I'll pass the course with Kevin Lee's help."

"That's good. How are the rest of your classes going?" Dad asked. I proceeded to give him the run down on all my classes. I was upbeat about them. I expected to get A's or B's in all the rest.

"Have you talked with Penny since you broke up?" Dad asked.

"No, Will tells me she won't take my calls."

"How are you handling the break-up?"

"I'm managing," I answered simply.

"I wish you didn't have to deal with a long distance relationship. It's difficult under the best of circumstances. You and Penny didn't face the best of circumstances."

"I know. How did you and Mom do it? Weren't the two of you dating when you were a freshman here?"

"We were," Dad responded. "Your mother and I were more fortunate than you and Penny. I managed to bum a ride home at least once a month to see her during the year."

"That would have helped if Penny and I could have done that," I answered.

The Krings came out from their meeting with Coach Burton before Dad and I could finish talking about my break up with Penny. Dad and Andy went in to see Coach Burton to discuss Andy's potential at Penn State.

I went over to talk with Jake before he left. I asked, "How did things go, Jake?"

"Not as well as I hoped," Jake explained. "They didn't offer me a scholarship."

"They didn't?"

"No. They are willing to take me next fall as a preferred walk-on. It's probably just as well. Your team has too many guys stacked up at quarterback for the time when Zack graduates. You have Jason Nicholson red-shirted, Winfield Brinton has committed to coming here. It would be a hell of a jam up with three of us trying to take the starting spot."

"Chip Brinton's committed to coming here?" I exclaimed. "I hadn't heard that officially."

"It was in the Saturday morning paper I read on the way up here yesterday. He announced it Friday night after his last regular season game."

"Cool!" I realized that wasn't the proper response to Jake. "Sorry, I would have liked it if you came here too. Did Coach Burton tell you why they didn't offer you a scholarship?"

"Don't apologize, Kyle. I know Brinton's a good quarterback. You have every right to be excited that he chose Penn State." Jake paused a couple seconds. "Coach Burton was concerned about my height. He is looking for a taller quarterback," Jake explained.

Jake is a hair short of 5'-11" tall. Only a football coach would call Jake short. I understood Coach's thinking. Our shortest offensive lineman was 6'-2". Most were taller than me. Jake would have more trouble than Jay (6'-2") or Chip (6'-1") seeing over the O-line to find targets downfield.

I asked, "Do you have any scholarship offers?"

"Yes. I have offers from Temple and Syracuse," Jake explained. "I'm going to visit Pittsburgh a couple weeks."

I said, "I guess you aren't interested in being a walk-on here?"

"No. I spent enough time on the bench waiting for Ed to graduate. I want to find a school where I can play sooner."

"I understand. Good luck at that," I said. "Good luck in the playoffs next weekend."

"Thanks, Kyle. Are you planning to come home to see our playoff game? I remember some of the older guys have come back to visit in previous years."

"Not next weekend. I have a game at Michigan State. I'll be there Thanksgiving weekend if you are still in the playoffs."

"Hah! Don't worry, we'll still be playing football two weeks from now," Jake said. "I am confident that we're going to win the state championship game in December."

"Good luck with that. I'll see you in two weeks," I promised.

Jake and his parents said good bye and headed back to Lancaster County. I hung out with Jay until Andy and Dad were finished with their meeting. Dad asked, "Jason, Kyle – would you like to go to lunch downtown with Andy and me? My treat."

"Sure," "That's sounds good," Jay and I answered quickly.

Dad asked, "Do you think your new roommate would like to come too, Kyle?"

It was 11:30. Damian was probably up by now. "I'll call him and see if he's interested, Dad."

I called Damian. He was up and was extremely interested in a meal away from Pollock Commons. Damian met us as we walked by Hartranft Hall. Dad took us to the Waffle House on College Avenue. The restaurant was mobbed. Dad and Andy got a chance to get to know two of my closest college friends while we waited a half hour to get seated.

I had immense waffles covered with fruit and whipped cream. They were delicious. We spent an hour together enjoying our Sunday brunch. Jay and Andy had a good talk about a few things Andy could do to improve his pass receiving skills. Dad seemed to enjoy talking with my friends. Dad and Andy walked back to our dorm with Damian, Jay and me when brunch was over. Damian and Jay headed upstairs immediately when we got to Hartranft Hall.

Dad insisted on a hug before he left. I told them, "I'll see you in ten days. Andy, make sure you kick Daniel Boone's butt in the playoffs next Friday night." I waved good bye to them as they walked across the quad to the Lasch Building and Dad's car.


The final week of the Big Ten season was going to be interesting. 11-0 Michigan was still ranked #1 in the nation, and of course, #1 in our conference. 10-1 Ohio State was #2 in the conference but had to play Michigan on Saturday. We were ranked #3 in our conference with our 9-2 record. We were going to play the 4-7 Michigan State Spartans.

The coaches didn't want us to pay attention to the bowl game situation. Of course we ignored that. My teammates and I assumed we would beat Michigan State and end up 10-2 for the season. If Michigan beat Ohio State, they certainly would go to the BCS Championship Game. We would be tied with Ohio State and would get the Rose Bowl invitation since our record was the same as theirs and we beat them head to head.

If Ohio State won, things wouldn't look nearly as good. Ohio State would get the Rose Bowl, Michigan would get the Capital One Bowl and we'd end up at the Outback Bowl. The Outback Bowl wouldn't be horrible. We'd spend Christmas and New Year's in Florida. Our team would get $3 million instead of $17 million for the game.

The coaches kept our practices light during the week. We concentrated on mental preparations more than physical preparations. Every player had assorted aches, pains and bruises accumulated during the first eleven games. We were feeling loose, confident and more healed by the time we finished up Thursday's practice.

Kelly O'Keefe and Chelsea Walters were going to e-mail me my homework assignments and their notes from History and EDPSY respectively. I was indebted to those two girls. I planned to take each out for a thank you dinner when the season was done and I had a little more free time.

Our team left State College Friday morning barely ahead of a winter storm. The weather forecaster predicted we'd have 4-6 inches of snow over the weekend. The storm had grazed East Lansing on its way east to Pennsylvania. Two hours later I looked out as our flight descended into the Capital City Airport and saw a light coating of snow on the ground. Three buses hauled our team over to the Marriott at University Place. Our hotel was right on the edge of the campus.

We had dinner at the hotel and spent the evening studying the game plan for the next day. The TV people didn't consider our game to be an important one, so we were playing the Spartans at noon on Saturday. Coach Burton ordered an 11:00 o'clock curfew for us.

We had breakfast at the hotel, packed our bags and loaded the buses. The buses dropped us off at Spartan Stadium. The buses were going to hang out and wait for us until our game was over. We were flying back home as soon as the game was over. We went through our normal preparations in the morning. I thought our team seemed loose and confident about the game. I hoped that it was a good sign.

The Spartan crowd was loud and boisterous when the game started. Spartan Stadium was large by normal standards, holding roughly 75,000 fans. Our team won the coin toss, so I lined up to take the kickoff.

My blocking wedge did a good job for me. I shot through a hole that Trevor and Josh Bruno opened up for me. I dodged a couple more tacklers and sprinted down the field. The kicker slowed me enough to let one of the gunners catch me from the back. I returned the ball 62 yards. "Good job, Kyle," Zack said as he gave me a pat on the butt as he passed me.

Our study of the Spartans found that they had a dominant defense against the run. The team was ranked in the top ten against the run of the 119 BCS teams in college. Their secondary wasn't ranked nearly as high. Our game plan called for us to throw two passes for each run.

Our team's confidence in our game plan wasn't misplaced. Zack only needed three plays to score our first touchdown. The Spartans went three plays and punted back to us.

I went in for the first of the dozen plays I was supposed to play. The Spartans had me in single coverage on the play. Zack spotted that, called an audible, and sent me deep. I blew past the nickel back assigned to me and sprinted down the field. Zack launched a bomb to me. I scooped it in and sprinted down the field. The free safety was lined up deep on the play and prevented me from scoring a touchdown. I picked up 37 yards.

The Coach Burton used a mix of quick short passes, screens and deep routes to move the ball down the field. I went in on the sixth play of the drive when we were on the Spartan's 12 yard line. Zack lobbed a pass to me in the far corner of the end zone for our second score. Cooper Barnes kicked the PAT to bring our lead to 14-0.

The stadium was quiet when the Spartans took the field again. The crowd was stunned. The first quarter wasn't even half over and we had a two touchdown lead. Things did not improve in the first half. Zack and the offense scored two more touchdowns while the Spartans scored a long field goal. I played for three more plays, catching two passes for 39 yards.

Coach Burton decided to give the younger players a chance to get time on the field in the second half. The first string offense sat on the bench. Jeremiah Nowak took over at quarterback. I was sent out at wide receiver to take Bo Cherry's spot on the strong side of our formation. Hassan Jackson took over Derek Whitaker's spot on the weak side of the field.

We tried a little running to start the second half. We found that our offensive line couldn't move Michigan State's big defensive linemen. Their linemen couldn't move very fast or put good pressure on Jeremiah when he threw the ball. We reverted to passing the ball. Jeremiah engineered a touchdown drive for us in the third quarter. I caught three more passes, including our next touchdown. Christian took over returning punts when I played every down as a receiver. Tanner was assigned to return kicks, but he wasn't needed. The Spartans didn't score in the third quarter.

Our lead was 35-3 as we got the ball back to start the fourth quarter. Glenn Korbell took over at quarterback. Aidan Nagy took my wide receiver spot. Alex Majerowicz took over the other wide receiver spot. Glenn and the third string added another field goal in the fourth quarter. The Spartans finally got another score just before the game ended. They managed to get a touchdown against our third string playing prevent defense. Tanner Riggs nearly broke the kickoff for another touchdown. He was shoved out of bounds at the Spartan's 27 yard line. Our offense ran out the clock to cinch our 38-10 victory to end our regular season.

A very happy Nittany Lions team boarded the buses and headed for home. This was an excellent way to finish our season.

The pilot reported that Michigan had beaten Ohio State in overtime, 31-28 as we passed somewhere over Ohio. The team cheered the news. This clinched things. We were going to Pasadena and the Rose Bowl for our holiday.

There had to have been over a thousand students waiting for us when our buses pulled into the parking lot at the Lasch Building. They cheered us as we left the buses. This had been a spectacular weekend for my team and for me.

Cameron Miller and Joel Peterson found Damian and me when we started back to our room. Cameron and Joel roomed in 406 Hartranft, the room beside our room. They fired questions at Damian and me the whole way back to the dorm. It was cool to spend some time with them. They seemed like nice guys from the little time I had spent with them so far this term. I hoped to get to know them better now that I had six weeks until our next football game.


Andy e-mailed me while I was in Michigan to let me know that the Wolverines had trounced Daniel Boone High School 45-10 to open their playoff drive. Andy caught two touchdowns. Jake had another superlative day passing. I was going to get to watch my Wolverines take on South Western the day after Thanksgiving at Elizabethtown College.

The bowl game situation became clearer for us on Sunday when we learned the results of the USC vs. UCLA game on Saturday night. USC won, locking themselves into the Rose Bowl as our opponent.

The coaches kept our practices inside Holuba Hall Monday and Tuesday. We weren't going to play anymore football outside in the cold again this season. The coaches had us practice some of the basics this week. There would be plenty of time to work on the game plan for USC later. This week we could unwind, and heal. Coach Burton announced that practice on Wednesday was cancelled. We could go home to see our families when we were done with classes that day.

I had to meet with Dr. Henderson on Tuesday afternoon. He needed to approve my schedule for the spring term before I scheduled my courses on-line. I chose History 2, Education Theory and Practice 115, C I 295 (Teaching Field Experience), Psych 100, and Economics 2.

Dr. Henderson looked over my list. He said, "You need to start taking the required Health and Physical Activities requirements. I assume you want to sign up for Kinesiology 088?"

"I don't know. What is Kinesiology 088?"

"Varsity Sports Experience," Dr. Henderson explained.

"I certainly have that one covered. What are some of my other choices?"

Dr. Henderson handed me the course catalog, open to the Kinesiology pages. I quickly scanned down the list. Backpacking, skiing, snowboarding, cross country skiing, rock climbing, orienteering, golf, tennis, scuba, ice skating, etc. The list of courses went on and on.

"Uh ... no. I don't think I want the Varsity Sports course. I have to do football anyway. I think I'd like to try a course where I can learn something new," I explained. Dr. Henderson gave me a funny look.

"OK, what do you want, Mr. Martin?"

I looked the list over and decided on Kinesiology 001, with cross country skiing, backpacking and orienteering as the activities. Dr. Henderson actually smiled when he signed the form approving my courses.

Kevin Lee gave me a list of extra problems he wanted me to work on over my Thanksgiving vacation. We would skip Wednesday's tutoring session if I agreed to turn the problems in to him on Monday afternoon. I agreed enthusiastically. I called home and left a message for Mom so she would know I would be home for dinner on Wednesday night.

Christian asked me if I would be willing to give him a ride home. I agreed happily. Christian and I got along great as long as we didn't share a room.

Christian and I met at the fourth floor elevators in Hartranft Hall after our last courses for the day. We carried our suitcases full of dirty laundry up Bigler Road to my car at the East Parking Deck. A snow squall blew through State College on Tuesday night. I needed to brush the snow off the car. I had parked on the roof of the parking deck the last time I parked my car.

The roads were wet and sloppy, but the not icy. The trip to Manheim took the expected couple hours. I dropped Christian off at his house a few minutes after 5 pm. Half an hour later I pulled up in front of my house. I sighed. Home at last after almost four months.

Chapter 8 »

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.