Lost: Princess Of Buya - Reward! - Cover

Lost: Princess Of Buya - Reward!

Copyright© 2007 by GLSGareth

Chapter 6

Dark, dusty and smelling like sour wine, my favorite tavern was mostly empty. Due to the time of day and not because it was pretty rank. I guess when you are drinking, you don't notice little things like, "Whatever have I stepped in?" and "Excuse me, sir, but that was my shoe you just sicked up on." Still, I liked this place, and people that know me always find me easily.

"Care for something to drink?" The barkeep was unusually friendly today, perhaps due to his lack of patronage, "Oh no, not you again! What is it this time, drunk or hero?"

"Just bring me my Ledger," I said, trying not to be too annoyed with the man. After all, he had put up with me throughout the worst of my drinking. "I will need some equipment out of storage."

Looking through my Ledger, I selected some of the things I thought I would need on this search. I spotted an interesting entry for "One Pair Gloves (?)" I decided to bring the God's Gloves along as well, because you never know.

I paid the storage fees. Not too bad, considering most of my armor was still at the Smith. That would have to be my next stop.

A rush of air announced the arrival of my favorite Poet and Muse- Blaster.

"Gareth! You look well!" The brown robed Muse said, sitting beside me.

"Blaster! Good of you to come, old friend, this looks like it will be important," As the barkeep was still hovering about, I ordered a bottle from him to drink while I explained about the search.

"So, the Princess has been misplaced?" Blaster chuckled, pouring himself a glass. I guessed he was one of the many who weren't overly fond of her.

"According to Morgan, the local search was supposed to have been quite massive." I said, pouring the slender Muse some more wine, letting him drink most of it. After several years trying to kill myself one bottle at a time, I had suddenly discovered moderation. I think that the Gods were somehow responsible.

"It is odd that I hadn't heard anything about that search," Blaster reflected, not comfortable being left out of something. He always wanted to know what was going on.

"Not the sort of thing you would want to make TOO public," I suggested, "After all, she IS the Heir."

"I suppose so," He seemed uncertain. "Northern Ogres? I hope we will have a powerful Mage along..."

As his voice trailed off, I could tell he meant someone OTHER than my wife. Since her return to life after the Zibong adventure (I STILL don't think of it as a war!), she had developed a few unusual aspects to her magic. This certainly helped her get the post teaching young Mages at the University. Only the Zibong Reborn or the children of the Reborn could learn these techniques. Blaster was NOT comfortable around her anymore.

"Unfortunately, so far we have no Mage," I said, pouring him the last of the wine. "PteriDae cannot get away just yet, and I wanted to get a quick start."

While most magic users liked to pop out of thin air, there were a few that liked to walk, so I kept an eye on the door. At first I didn't recognize the young man dressed all in black Rogue armor, but then he spotted us and came right over.

"Hello!" I said, getting to my feet, "We meet again."

"Lord Gareth! I found you! Look! I am a Rogue!" exclaimed the young cook. "Now can I be your student?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.