Wild Cards 3 - Cover

Wild Cards 3

Copyright© 2007 by David Caspian

Chapter 4

Peter drove home after dropping his escorts off at their home. While making his way through an intersection a bright pair of lights to his right drew his attention. Looking through the passenger side window, he saw a large truck head towards him. Trying to speed up he tried desperately to get out of the way of the oncoming truck.

The freight truck clipped him spinning his car into the side of a brick building. Enraged Peter iniated the change turning into his werewolf form. Ripping his way out of the smashed car, with blood soaking the fur on his forehead he let out a snarl.

When the first Huntsman tried to level a gun on him Peter leapt upon him when he got down from the truck. With a single swipe of his claws he ripped the man's head off. The second man tried to run but Peter leapt onto the truck tracking him. In two quick bounds he was biting into the man's back ripping his spine with his teeth. It was a quick of and vicious death.

Two shots rang out and Peter caught movement to his left as the bullets struck him. Searing pain filled his body as the wounds began to burn, the skin sizzling. If Peter wasn't furious enough before he sure was now. His nose and eyes searched for the person that fired silver bullets at him.

His prey was holding still so as not to catch his attention, but that would only save him for so long. Time was of the essence for Peter. Silver was the preferred weapons of those that attacked them, because they made it difficult to hold the change. It was simply a matter of time until he could no longer hold his wolf shape. Peter was forced to grit his teeth against the pain, as he continued to track his query.

Julian was surprised how quickly the werewolf disappeared. He had been watching the Huntsmen's foolish attempt to take him out. They should have brought a lot more personnel or at least used one sniper. The trouble was they were simply too old school, and it had cost those two their lives. Julian was the Hunter: a secret that was hidden from all but his mother a former huntsman.

It was his mother who had trained him as best as she could preparing him for this moment. Julian developed modern weapons to hunt the werewolves and vampires: Powerful shotguns and automatic pistol firing blessed bullets drenched in holy water, as well as silver ones. If the Huntsmen had used such weapons they might have been able to finish off the werewolf.

It was during this overview of recent events that he heard rustling behind him on the roof. Whirling around he saw a fist coming right at him. He tried to dodge but he had been caught totally by surprise.

The punch sent Julian whirling on his feet. His body struck the rooftop edge nearly causing him to fall over it. Catching himself he pulled his handguns firing into the werewolf. Peter growled in fury attacking with tooth and nail like an animal.

Julian gasped in pain as Peter's teeth found one of his hands sinking in. Julian struck Peter again and again trying to free his hand. Peter merely shrugged them off in mild annoyance. When Julian's strikes became more frantic, and powerful Peter was determined to end this confrontation quick.

One of his hands shot forward clamping on the Hunter's testicles and lifting them up by it. Julian grimace in pain as he was lifted into the air. Through all the agony he managed to focus enough to deliver two shots into Peter's chest.

Howling in agony Peter fell backwards dropping Julian who withered in pain as well. The two men lay there gasping for breath. Slowly rising Julian reached for one of his pistol that he had dropped, before he found a hand at his throat. The grip was choking him as he turned to look into Peter's eyes struggling.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.