Himura Battousia Book 2: Kenshins Past - Cover

Himura Battousia Book 2: Kenshins Past

Copyright© 2007 by Trojan_85

Part 152: Do you Still Have the Scar?

(A large steamship pulls into port.)

Passenger: So we've finally arrived in Osaka.

Passenger 2: Yes... It was a long voyage from Shanghai.

(Enishi is standing at the railing, looking out. He is dressed in Chinese-style pants and jacket, wearing small sunglasses and carrying a wrapped sword. Overhearing their conversation, he smiles slightly.)

Enishi: Long?... Long indeed. It's been ten years since I last saw Japan...

(A hot summer morning. Kenshin and Yahiko are training outside the dojo.)

Kenshin (blocking Yahiko's stroke): Close. Try a little harder.

Yahiko: I'm not done yet!

(He whacks at Kenshin so furiously that he seems to leave the ground.)

Sanosuke (sitting on the porch fanning himself): What do you think you're doing in this heat. (looking up) First I've seen you train with Yahiko. You're not passing on the school, are you?

Kenshin: Oh, I'm not teaching him the Hiten Mitsurugi school.

Yahiko: WHAT?? (kicking Kenshin in the head) That's what I thought we were doing!

Kenshin: (Oro!) Wait, wait, you're growing strong under the Kamiya Kassin school, right? To that end, I thought I should do all that I can to help you. Was I wrong?

Sanosuke: You lose, Yahiko. If you don't like it, you'll have to beat Kenshin with the Kamiya Kasshin school.

Kaoru (coming out into the yard): Yahiko! Time for work, okay?

Yahiko: Kay, be right there. Kenshin, we're training again tomorrow!

Kaoru (to Yahiko): I'm coming with you today.

Yahiko: What? Why?

Kaoru: I'm going to see Tae and Tsubame. So, Kenshin, we'll be back this evening.

Kenshin: All right. See you then.

Sanosuke (getting up): Well, it's time I got going too.

Kenshin: Oro? But there's some youkan cooling in the well.

Sanosuke: Oh, sounds good. But today I have to get the hand checked out. The vixen will never shut up if I keep her waiting. (walking off) I'll come by tomorrow, save some of that youkan for me.

(Kenshin watches him go; Sanosuke suddenly turns back and seizes Kenshin by the front of the shirt)

Kenshin: Oro?

Sanosuke: What do you say? (I take my food seriously!)

Kenshin:... Roger that.

Sanosuke (slapping him on the back): All right then. Remember, I'm counting on you.

Kenshin: I think I overestimated you a little.

Sanosuke: See ya!

Kenshin: I give up. (heading back into the house) Well then... Maybe I'll do some laundry.

(At the Oguni clinic; Megumi is changing the bandages on Sanosuke's right hand.)

Megumi: Ken-san's acting strange?

Sanosuke: Yeah, a little. He smiles all the time, but it feels like he's drawn a line somewhere and he's not gonna let himself step over it.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.