Carmella Ramirez: A High School Story - Cover

Carmella Ramirez: A High School Story

Copyright© 2007 by Cylis Derrens

Chapter 2

Carmella couldn't wait until the next season. She wanted to be on the field again and feel the excitement of the game. Carmella helped her father as a volunteer over the summer. To help out in the community he coached Pop Warner football for little kids. That year he asked her to be his assistant coach. It was no secret that many of the plays on his team were given to him by the high school that Carmella went to.

As far as he was concerned it not only gave her something to do but allowed her to have better knowledge of the plays she would be using. Finding boys for Carmella wasn't easy since she was so tall and intimidating. Most boys would look her as a freak and wouldn't invite ridicule by dating her. Interesting enough Alex Pete's older brother found her quite attractive. At nineteen he had just started school a year before. Seeing her at a party he made his way to her from the far side of the room.

"Hi Carm, how are you doing?" Alex said.

Turning around Carm held up the cup of punch she had been drinking saying, "Trying to enjoy myself."

"Kind of tough isn't it? These things are always so crowded. Never liked them much." Alex admitted.

"Then why are you here?" Carmella said.

Flashing a warm grin Alex replied, "I'm a college man remember? I have to keep up the image of being at these things."

Shaking her head Carmella said, "Boys, I might have spent a lot of time with you fellas but I sure as hell don't understand you."

Shrugging Alex said, "Welcome to the club sometimes we don't understand ourselves. You wanna leave this place? I got a ball in my trunk or we could catch a movie."

Setting down her punch on the kitchen counter near the door Carmella said, "Sure, why not?" On the outside Carmella might be the picture of calm but inside her heart was hammering a hundred miles an hour. While Pete might be bigger than his brother Alex a fellow quarterback had the physique of a model that caused her palms to sweat.

Carmella had always liked scary movies and was pleased when Alex picked one. He insisted on paying since he had gotten a summer job at a local bookstore and had a lot of extra money thanks to the hours. Carmella grabbed some seats while Alex bought popcorn and sodas. Finding her as the previews started he handed her a soda and offered her some popcorn. Taking the soda she put it in the cup holder next to her and took some of the popcorn Alex offered. During a moment in the movie the killer trapped some poor girl in her home and jumped out at her as she tried to escape down the hall.

Carmella was startled and cringed into Alex's body as if for safety. When the moment was over she blushed realizing what she had done and moved back to her side of the arm rest. As the movie went on they glanced at each other smiling and teasing each other when the other one got scared. During one of those times as he started to turn towards him Carmella moved in and planted a kiss on his lips before withdrawing to gauge his reaction. A look of a bewilderment crossed over his face as he stared at her.

Finally after a moment which seemed like forever for her Alex said, "That's not fair! I was supposed to kiss you first!"

Bursting out laughing Carmella said, "Too little, too late my friend."

Grabbing his shirt she pulled him in close and looked deep into his eyes saying, "But you can always have the second."

After thinking about it for a moment Alex said, "Oh well, I'll take what I can get." Pressing his lips to hers he felt her arms go around his neck deepening the kiss.

After driving Carmella home Alex kissed her again on her doorstep. "Does this mean we are going steady" Alex asked.

Biting her lip Carmella seemed to consider the idea as she said teasingly, "I suppose so, but I was expecting flowers."

Alex regaining his usual coolness said, "I can do flowers." Laughing she kissed him again before heading inside. Alex had a broad grin as he headed back to his car, though unexpected tonight had been a welcome surprise.

Pete his brother entered their room where Alex would be staying until he went back to college. "So I hear you left the party with a girl." Pete said.

"Not just any girl, Carmella actually." Alex said taking off his dress shoes.

"Wait, our Carm?" Pete asked shocked.

Looking at Pete as he finished changing Alex said, "Yes our Carm. We went a horror flick. I remembered she liked them."

"Why would you go out with her? You could have had any girl at the party." Pete asked.

Shaking his head Alex said, "I had forgotten how stupid high school boys could be. Y'all are so interested in keeping up your precious image that you limit what kind of women you date. Let me let you in on a little secret little brother: A girl is a girl no matter how tall she is. Carm whether you realize it or not is a beautiful young woman. Just because you're too dense to notice it doesn't mean I have to be."

"Okay fair enough. What did you do kiss her?" Pete said poking fun at him.

"To be perfectly honest she kissed me first. I kinda like that in a woman. Carm knows what she wants and doesn't care about fitting into a mold." Alex said getting into his bed across from Pete's.

"Are you planning to see her again?" Pete asked.

Alex who had his back facing him turned craning his neck to look at him saying, "Why should you care? What's with all the questions? You like her or something?"

"No, we are just friends that's all." Pete said but he knew deep down that he was lying. When his brother had mentioned kissing her he had felt a tinge of jealousy. He was trying to hide it but there was no denying it. Alex was too tired to notice that his response had been too quick and its tone had been defensive. If he had he would have asked his brother more on the subject but instead he slipped off into sleep.

Carmella enjoyed her first year on varsity and was taking it in stride. Her summer had been great with Alex spending his nights with her. Elian had been strict on her curfew but Alex always returned her home on time showing that there was no reason to worry. Carmella was irritated by her father's over protectiveness but dealt with it as best she could obeying his rules.

She was enjoying her time with Alex and his lessons in kissing. Carmella enjoyed his expertise and was almost disappointed when he always stopped before it went too far. Alex was the classic gentleman with her and even told her father where they were going so he would worry less. Emily helped to further soothe Elian's nerves about the whole business so he felt more comfortable with it. Pete watched his brother go out night after night and tortured himself with what he might be doing with Carmella. Like everyone else he knew Alex wouldn't be after her virtue but him simply being with her was enough to drive Pete crazy.

Burying it deep inside he went to school and acted as her center as he always did never letting her know. His parents left his brother in charge while they went on a cruise during their honeymoon and Alex promised to look after him. During that time one of the boys in the locker room who had heard of Carmella dating his brother had his own ideas on what was going on between her and him.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.