A Show of Reality - Cover

A Show of Reality

Copyright© 2007 by Bysshe

Epilogue

Science Fiction Sex Story: Epilogue - A lawyer finds more than he bargained for when he tries to help a young girl that seemingly has no past. Against his own will, he's drawn into her story, discovering that she's either absolutely crazy -- or the victim of someone that can seemingly bend and twist reality itself. Together they must find and stop this dark figure before he destroys them.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Consensual   Romantic   NonConsensual   Coercion   Mind Control   Slavery   Science Fiction   Group Sex   Orgy   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Body Modification  

And that's what happened five years ago, when a hot August day and a power failure in the northeastern United States changed a few lives, and I changed them again, for better or for worse.

For better or for worse.

I thought a lot about what I should do when I had the power, for those few brief ( minutes / days / years / lifetimes ) when I saw everything and understood how everything fit together. And I remember the fear that came with that knowing, the terror that what I was doing wasn't right, wasn't fair. And the farther I had tried to look into the future to see what would happen, the fuzzier the little silvery pieces had gotten. So I just tried my best.

I could not fix Lauren's life, or Courtney's life, or Lisa's life. I tried to do something. Courtney Collins was a host on a gab-fest called "The View," now. I couldn't restore her family and friends, and I didn't think I had the right to take away her memories of what had happened to her. I thought, then, if I had seen things unfold correctly, that this would be a stepping stone for her that would have her end up pretty close to where she started.

Lisa Antoine was in Hollywood again. She moved there with her boyfriend, a brilliant computer programmer and designer. With no criminal record. I wrestled with letting Brock remember what happened and decided that I couldn't risk it. But he did deserve some reward for everything he'd done, and everything he'd been willing to do. I didn't write Lisa and Brock together; that's how they turned out. I did write some things into the world that gave Lisa an edge with casting directors everywhere, and I hoped this would be enough for her to feel like she hadn't lost everything. Her memories, like Courtney's, I left in place. I didn't feel I had the right to erase her journey. Both Lisa and Courtney I tried to slip back in the stream of the world as smoothly as I could. Only their memories were left as a testament to what was.

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

Lauren had a similar edge, if she wanted to take it. She could audition again and make it though American Idol. I didn't want her to be with me because she felt she had no choices. I explained everything I had done, and I let her know I'd support her in whatever she wanted to do. And I asked her to wait a week or two before she decided anything at all; I told her I thought that the worst time to be making life-altering decisions was just after having been though life-altering events.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.