Proeliator - Cover

Proeliator

Copyright© 2006 by John Wales

Chapter 13

Time Travel Sex Story: Chapter 13 - Vic was born and raised in an odd commune. His father and 'uncles' were planning on surviving WW III. Vic took to the survivalist mentality and learned to fight. When he grew older he was thrilled with the power of explosives and studied chemistry as a way of following this path. A king facing defeat in the forth century Europe needed help. He gathered a few real mages to find a way out of his problems. It was Vic's attributes that were soon being sought.

Caution: This Time Travel Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/Fa   mt/mt   Consensual   Romantic   Magic   Gay   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Time Travel   Historical   Extra Sensory Perception   Incest   Slow  

When I got back to Julian's home the guards let me through and Julian asked me, "Where were you all night? Relieving the pressure between your legs?"

"I had a naked girl there all right but she was dying. I stayed up all night to help her live. The family is poor and I sent over some food. A neighbour by the name of Iunius is pushing hard to get their land. They expect more trouble from this family."

"Did you cure her?"

"The gods and I did but I have to go back and adjust the cure."

"What did you do?"

"I will explain tonight if I may. I need my sleep and I need to send some of my men to watch the house."

"I can send some of mine too."

"One may be enough to show that you are taking an interest. I need to find out about this dispute."

"I can look into that too."

"Thank you. That is what friends are for but I don't like to be the one receiving all the time."

"You gave me a glimpse of my future and then fought with me yesterday."

"Not much of a fight. Did you find out anything?"

They look to be legionnaires that wanted vengeance on you for killing their friends but that may be the first layer of lies."

"Like an onion?"

"Exactly."

I caught up on twelve hours of lost sleep by having eight of them. I had a bath and packed the saddle bags with clothes suitable for inside a home. I ate again because it seemed that I had used a lot of energy working on the girl.

Julian came home and I told him about what had happened yesterday and this morning. I went into the medical terms or at least the ones I knew to show what the pancreas did for the body and what I did. I then had to talk about sugars.

He said after digesting the medical facts, "The Iunius are a strong family. They have judges as members and some former senators."

"I can fight them in the courts but I do not know Roman laws. I could be there for years and spend all my money on lawyers."

"That is very true. We are no better than the Athenians with their civil litigations."

"I could shorten the family by a head but I want good laws and I cannot step outside them when it suits me."

"There are laws and then there are laws. Power seems to allow a different set to apply."

"I can fight them other ways."

"How?"

"Chose to fight them through public opinion. I make sure that everybody knows how socially inferior they are. I can also start businesses where I hurt them financially."

"They could attack you physically."

I smiled widely and said, "That would be nice as long as there are witnesses."

"All those are legal but they may take you to court for spreading lies."

"They have to know it is me. You Romans have been doing this for centuries and have made it an art form."

"I am very familiar with that, especially in my family."

"Well I have to get moving. I want this area set up because soon you are going to have wars to fight and then a lot of travelling to do."

"I remember our talk. I have been making some preparations too."

"Well I need to go see about purchasing some property."

Helvius was the only man still here and we suited up and went to see the landowners. I brought two extra horses because two farms didn't have any riding animals. There was less problems with pikes this time and I had to explain my missed appointment. The old man at the first farm was ready though. We rode to the next farm and picked up more people but they used their own animals.

Salvia didn't try to shoot me this time. Our men had been hunting and were cooking game they had caught. The children were around Iulius and he was teaching them what he thought best. Salvia and Kaeso looked happy and both came outside when we arrived.

Salvia ran to my horse and hugged my armour covered leg. "I had no idea master. You cured Laeca. She was able to talk and sit up. Praise Woden and all his works."

I reached down and put my hand on her head because she was now rubbing her face against my leg. When she looked up, I said, "Salvia, I like you better as a thick skinned crotchety woman with a tongue on her that will strip the hide from anybody."

"But the gods speak through you. The gods cured my granddaughter with your help. You heal people with just your touch."

"Salvia, any ethical man would do this if he was able. Now let me get down. I want to see Laeca."

"Yes, master."

"Salvia, I am Jón. Never call me master."

She tried to bow and say this again but remained quiet and backed up.

I got down and said to the rest, "I want to check on the girl. I will be just a moment."

The old man from the first farm said, "Did you really cure her?"

"Woden and Aldúlfr worked through me and she was cured."

He gave me the strange looks and so did the other family. I walked to the house and Kaeso bowed low to me and so did the children. I had to stop.

"Kaeso, at some time in the future when there is a ceremony being performed you may bow. Do not do this now. I am a simple man that is trying to educate a great many people. Respect is necessary but I do not want it getting out of hand."

"You cured a dead girl."

"She was not dead. She was very sick. Now let me see my patient."

"Yes, master."

"Kaeso, Jón. Try to remember, please."

Laeca was awake when I came into the room. She tried to get up but couldn't. I saw an empty bowl nearby so she must have been eating.

"Hello, Laeca. You won't remember but we met just a while ago."

"Are you the hand of Woden that grandmother says cured me?"

The men must have been making converts. "Yes, I am. You were very sick."

She tried to bow from her position and I got on my knees near her. I put my hands on her face and made her look at me. "Bowing is for formal occasions only. You will call me Jón. Do you understand?"

"Yes, m... Jón."

"Good then let me work. There is some tinkering the gods and I may have to do."

As I expected her pancreas was making too much insulin. I had to search for the method the body used to regulate the insulin and tweaked it a bit. This would cut down on the production. It occurred to me that even doctors in my time had not known this mechanism or at least not in this detail.

"Well it looks like you are better. We need to do this again. You have to eat a lot more now to balance what I have done. Even if you feel full I want you to try to eat more."

I had to wait then Laeca said, "I will do what you wish."

"I wish for you to get better."

I got a smile and she said, "Yes, Jón."

"Good, now I have to see about buying some land."

I got up and left with a girl smiling at me.

Outside I said, "Laeca needs to eat a lot. Her body needs to put on weight. Over time I have to change the level of insulin her pancreas makes."

This required another statement covering food, sugar and the body's ability to burn the fuel.

Kaeso rode the second horse and we now went the rounds. There was little argument for the interior boundaries. The exterior ones were fairly simple. Kaeso said, "The boundaries here are the truth as I know them. The Iunius have pushed their fields into our lands."

"I will have to get a surveyor to set the real boundaries then. Let's go back and we can talk about a suitable price."

We went to Kaeso's home and sat on some grass while we talked. I changed out of my armour and into my clothes. The children came over and I captured a three year old boy and put him in my lap while we talked. He stayed for only a few minutes then left. The four year old girl was glad to accept the spot.

The price was hard to arrive at because the men were afraid to deal with me so we had to work from what similar land was worth. Thinking of lawyers, I said, "Are there any debts put against the land? This includes taxes." I got all nos but I had to check to make sure.

I gave each of the men a gold aureus as a deposit so I had a claim on the properties while the lawyers searched out any problems. The people now would have to think of moving but I needed people to work the land so I made a proposition to them if they worked the way I wanted even if they thought it wrong. To be safe, I added, "If any of you do not do things my way I will move people in who will." They understood this.

We had a bit of stew to eat. One of my kettles was here and so was a small stove. The last girl was captured but she was easy then the boy wanted back. Iulius had to do the honours.

Later the lawyers were contacted and so were the surveyors. I worked at finding a source of building materials and looked at the homes Julian had mentioned. I had a lot of gold but it would not go far with what I had planned so I decided to build a house on my land when the purchase was finalised.

During the coming days I found out a lot about Memmius Iunius and his family. They had mob written all over them but that was not an unusual occurrence for families to be like. They felt they were above the law and could not be fought with the law because of their connections. What irked me the most was the casual way they killed slaves. I even heard that they bought some slaves just to kill.

Four mornings after the deal had been made, Iulius rushed into Julian's home. "They burnt the house down."

Julian said, "What?"

"Kaeso's home was put to the torch. They used oil and straw. Once it started we couldn't put it out. We were lucky to get the children out alive."

"Who did this?"

"We were busy trying to save the house then save the children, to chase them down."

I had a very good guess to who had done this and I knew Julian did too. I said, "This land was to provide food. Some of it was destined for the army. Does this make it a military matter."

Julian thought then said, "Do you want me involved? The link is tenuous at best. You have not sold us anything."

I had to rethink. "Perhaps not. I want to hammer the people that did this."

Julian said, "Let's get some trackers and see where they lead us."

It took time to gather the men and get them to the farm. Some of the civil watch were asked to join us and they did so eagerly. Salvia and Kaeso were very upset and glad to see us. The children looked forlorn sitting on the grass with Laeca.

Kaeso came to me and said, "They burnt our home. We could not put it out."

I said in a quiet voice, "It is ok. I will take care of you." He exhaled and a small smile came to him because he was worried.

Julian gave orders like the Caesar he was and his men moved out to find the arsonists. The criminals were good. The arsonists had been professional and used streams and rock to hide their tracks. There were some distinctive foot marks and these were shown to be the same ones as around the house. They led to the houses of the field hands of the Iunius family.

The watch was split up with the trackers and they went into the fields and corralled all the workers. The workers were ordered to walk on the soil and those with the marks we sought were picked out.

Six men in armour hurried toward us and they were evenly matched because there were six of us mounted too.

We drew swords because they were waving theirs but they stopped before us.

"What are you doing here? This is my land and these are my people."

The Caesar now spoke. "That is good that you admit this."

The man looked at him now and paled in recognition. "I am sorry Caesar. I did not know it was you."

"Do you wish to do battle?"

"Oh no, never." Their weapons were quickly put away. "If I may ask, what are you doing here?"

"A neighbouring farm was put to the torch. We have some expert witnesses to testify that the tracks led to your farm. We followed the tracks to this group of people. We are arresting all of them for arson. They will be sold into slavery to recover the costs if they are guilty."

"But these are my people."

"Do you admit to sending them?"

"No, they could only do this on their own. They probably didn't do it though."

"We have proof that they did. We are taking them into custody."

"But there are over a hundred slaves here and many are women and children."

"Do you know who the guilty ones are?"

"No but it must have only been a few of the men not all of them."

"A house was burnt. Animals slaughtered, a well poisoned, crops fired, a man killed and property lines moved. We estimate that at least nine hundred and ninety aurii in damages were caused besides the death. We should get that at least from the sale of the guilty."

"But not all are guilty!"

"Point out the guilty and tell me how you know this."

"I cannot."

"Then your slaves are forfeit." Julian turned to his men and said, "Take them away."

"The slaves are worth four times that amount."

"Make restitution in their place and come to an agreement with the people of the man that was killed."

"But... but what about my slaves?"

"The watch will stay for an hour. You have that much time. I will go with you as a witness for the meeting."

Julian changed the orders and had the men stand down. We all hurried to where the burnt house once stood.

Kaeso and Salvia were frightened at twelve men rushing at them. Memmius Iunius didn't try to push the nine hundred and ninety aurii. He had to come to a payment for the life of a freeman and the support of his orphaned children. This turned out to be seventy aurii which he pled that he did not have.

I stepped in and offered to buy land to give him the gold he needed. Memmius was incensed at this and said, "I will find the gold in other places."

Julian said, "That is fine but you have three days. We will keep the slaves until then."

"But my fields have to be prepared."

"Then hurry. Their upkeep will be added to your bill."

Memmius hurried off with an angry look at me. Julian said, "We have made an enemy."

"No, Memmius has made an enemy."

The slaves were moved in mass here. With the guards present I said, "Some of you are guilty of arson. You are also slaves that have to do what your master says. I am going to get food for all of you but I want a new well dug. I also want a home built but all you can do is rip down the old one for me. I do not like slavery but it will not go away just yet. The soldiers and the watch have to go. Do not run or I will be angry. I will also do what I can for each of you."

Atrius separated the men and got them working.

I turned to the men of the watch and said, "Thank you for your assistance in this matter. Iulius has something for each of you for the extra effort you have had to put in for us today." There was a lot of smiles now.

I turned sideways and said to Julian, "Is it permissible to give a similar gift to those that searched out the truth?"

"You said that this sort of thing was graft?"

"It is but like slavery it will not go until the army and civil service is paid enough."

"Then you may pay them."

Now I got lots more smiles.

"I would like to thank you too."

"That is my job and I am already adequately paid." This was at least said with a smile.

"I heard that you were frugal and that is a good thing to see in a government employee."

"I never considered the position of Caesar being a government employee but I guess you are right. I cannot see the Augustus thinking that way though."

"I have a feeling that in a year he will think exactly the way you do."

"He might." This was said with another grin. "Now that you have the land, the watch as released the animals and the property of the attackers. We cannot prove that the horses or weapons are the property of the army so they can be disposed of. I think you should have all of this."

"Thank you. I read about a man that spread his wealth he gained from the Alemmani among his men. I think that fitting too."

"Give them a portion then."

"Your men should get a portion too."

"They may not fight you too hard on that matter."

"Then I can use the horses here. There is a farm to run."

We left the slaves with the men and we rode to the second farm and I bought food for the slaves and to have it delivered. There would be a lot of it too. The slaves had looked underfed and I pitied them.

We parted at the main road and I returned to the slaves. I was in time to arrive with the wagon of food. The women were given the jobs of preparing the food and I walked among them. It took a while for them to find that they had nothing to fear from me or us.

One child of three was blind. I checked more of them and found the usual diseases and infirmities. I wanted to help the slaves but not just to raise the value of Memmius' property.

I took care of minor ailments which were mainly open sores and other infections. I had no trouble with the rest once they saw that they were being cured. As usual they wanted to kneel and I got them up and back to work or to eating. This was a good way of gaining converts and it was too bad that the laws forced them to remain slaves.

Hours later Memmius came back with a dozen more men. We were all armoured now and I think itching for trouble. We had prepared for it too. One of the men was a son of Memmius and a judge.

The judge tried to push me around with legal jargon and quoted laws. The extra muscle was to make sure that we saw it their way.

I said in a quiet voice, "Pay me the money as the representative of this family or buy the slaves back at the auction block."

The judge continued to hammer at me and I just repeated the same words. We were at this for over an hour and I said, "You are wasting my time. This is the last chance. Pay up and leave or just leave."

"You cannot make us. There are only six of you."

"There are eighteen of you. If you were men you would try. I am almost thirteen years old. One of us is an old physician and the other four just guards. But I know that your kind only like to beat slaves and then only the ones in chains." I looked at Memmius and said, "Your family may once have been great but it now suffers from rot."

There were some swords drawn but I didn't reach for mine. Memmius was now livid. Before he could burst out with some expletives I added, "Perhaps if you mated with slaves your line could be improved."

That was enough for the man and he drew his sword and attacked. The rest of the men acted the same and we fell back. This had been discussed in detail and we did not fight as hard as we could. The judge judged wrong and used his own sword and he was the first to die. This got the rest angry and the ones that were thought to be members of the Iunius family died.

Our men would have died or at least been wounded except that we had the best armour. With only twelve left we really attacked but now not to kill. Some started to run but found slaves blocking their retreat. I had not planned on this and worried about their safety. One man was pulled from his mount but not before the slave was hit by the sword. More died but now I had to save as many as possible.

"Hold! I need them alive." One of the opposition was going to use his sword on a slave when my knife found his neck and I had not even realised I had thrown it.

Eight of the guards survived and I worked desperately to save the slaves that had been hurt on my behalf. One young man was close but I could not hold him. Two other men and a women died too. I put all of my energy into one older women and I pulled her back from the edge. It was that close.

When it looked safe I came out and I was fatigued more than I had been since the Picts had got me. The sky was dark and I looked around to see a ring of people. Torches gave light and I saw Iulius. This was enough and I lay back.

I woke up to the smell of food and opened my eyes. It took a while before I remembered what I was doing last. I was in a bed now and feeling much better. Turning over I saw a pretty face that I had not seen before.

It took a moment before I could speak and said, "You are a very nice sight to wake up to."

The young woman smiled and said, "I heard you were a gentleman. Do you usually say things like that?"

"I am not usually caught with someone able to get near me."

"Don't worry, I will not harm you?"

"That is good to hear because I am not feeling myself. I do need to use the chamber pot though."

"I can help you."

"I thank you my lady but I am heavy."

"We can manage." She pulled back the sheet and I knew that I was naked. I had a sort of diaper on and this opened as I got up. I was dizzy and worked on my inner ears to correct this.

The woman wore a dress that showed her features well. She was nineteen or twenty and very attractive. Her hair was curled and she smelt of a perfume. My legs were weak but I did get to sit.

"Thank you my lady. I can take care of matters now."

"Oh, I am not going to let you out of my sight."

"It might be advisable to go upwind."

"I have nursed people before. I have cleaned bums and washed faces."

I was a little self-conscious but I could deal with this and pissed then after a wait felt the pressure in my bowels reduce. I was able to use some of the moss but the woman had me at a disadvantage and pushed me over the bed and had her way with me.

When I was back in the bed she said, "That was good. You are an odd man. Most men would be red faced now."

"It has to do with accepting what I am given. Does my pretty nurse have a name?"

With a small smile she said, "Patricia."

"That is a pretty name too."

She ignored the comment and asked, "Are you hungry?"

I had to think and then said, "Yes, I am."

"Then you stay here and I will bring some food."

"I would not leave if you were coming back."

"Your words are odd for a barbarian boy of twelve."

"I am almost thirteen. We barbarians are just more like cavemen I guess."

"What is a caveman?"

"When you come back I will tell you."

"Making deals already?"

"Making a deal for your company is not a hard thing to do."

I saw the start of a smile and she turned and left the room. I increased my hearing. This smelt like Julian's home though I had not seen this room before. I wondered at my choice of words. The girl was attractive and looked well bred and possibly well educated. It could be the amount of testosterone in my blood or just meeting a person like Patricia.

My body was sore and I worked on some of the areas to repair or remove toxins. I got most of this done when Patricia came back with a tray in her hands. I pushed myself back so I could sit up.

"I am supposed to put pillows behind you."

"I am not dead yet."

"We were worried that you might die."

"We?"

Now Patricia blushed but just a bit. "The Caesar thinks that you are important."

"That is nice to hear."

"Open your mouth to eat; not talk."

It sounded like I had got the best of her and I decided to comply.

After eating and against my nurse's orders I got up. I still needed Patricia's help. A few times around the room and I was ready to brave the rest of the house.

I met Julian's servants and smiled at them and they smiled back. In a sitting room I found Curtius and a thirteen men. They all stood at my approach. Curtius pulled his chair over for me to sit and said, "It is good to see you walking, Jón.

"I think it is a refection on the quality of nursing I have been getting." I got another blush from Patricia and squeezed her hand to let her know that it was not just idle chatter.

When I was comfortably seated I said, "Hello, gentlemen," and turned to Curtius and asked, "What happened after I went for a nap?"

"Quite a lot actually. Helvius went to find the Caesar and he got the watch. We all went to the farm but the slaves would not let us near." My incredulity must have shown for he said, "The slaves had armed themselves with the weapons and were not going to let anybody near you. They knew you were healing the woman."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.